http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1643...sky1-deal.html

Ross Kemp has signed a new two-year deal with Sky1, it has been announced.

The former EastEnders actor will produce and present 12 hour-long factual programmes for the channel, split over the July 2009 to July 2011 period.

"I'm very happy to be signing this exclusive deal with Sky1 and Sky1 HD," said Kemp. "I'm fortunate to have had a great working relationship with the channel over the last few years and I look forward to this continuing for the next two.

"The audience and press reaction to all the shows we have made has been testament to the relationship between Sky1 and myself. Sky1 have always been very approachable and receptive to the ideas [production companies] Mongoose, Tiger Aspect and I have brought to the table."

He added: "Stuart Murphy has a very clear and bold idea of how he wants Sky1 to develop in the future and I'm proud to be part of his vision."

Kemp has been involved with a number of projects for Sky1 including Ross Kemp In Search Of Pirates, Ross Kemp In Afghanistan and the concluding series Ross Kemp: Return To Afghanistan.

That should mean that he will not have time to come back to Albert Square, I would have thought.