Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watchdog 10th September

Watchdog 10th September

I quite fancy this - does anyone else??

Anne Robinson returns to WatchdogAfter an eight-year break, Anne Robinson returns to present a new series of Watchdog, with a brand-new prime time, hour-long show on BBC One.

Against the backdrop of a global recession, TV's "Queen of Mean" takes to the stage in her new studio to quiz big businesses and test claims made about some of their best-selling products. For the first time on Watchdog, an audience will join her in the studio to ask their own questions, too.

The consumer show will have all of the journalistic rigor it is famous for, plus a host of new features, including the hit secret filming show Rogue Traders, which becomes a regular strand within the hour-long programme, presented by Matt Allwright.

Anne will also be joined by some well-known faces who will make guest appearances to report on topical issues. Together, they will shock viewers with big exposés relating to topical news stories.

With big surprises and revelations that all consumers need to know to get the best service and value for money, viewers cannot afford to miss the new series of Britain's ultimate consumer series.

Anne says: "My mission statement is to have all customers treated like royalty. Any chairman of a public company providing less-than-perfect service needs to fasten his or her seat belt and adopt the brace position."

I watch this whenever I can and I like it as it always has good issues on it

I liked the show when it was fronted by Nicky Campbell is that his name and the woman whos name seems to escape me right now. But Anne Robinson is good in this role and she has the right attitude to interview some of these dodgy businessmen & women aroun!

I love Watchdog but don't watch it that often. Not sure about Anne Robinson returning, I hope she's not like she is on Weakest Link.

I much preferred Nicky and Julia presenting.

Thats the persons name I was tryting to remember Julia!

I wonder if the BBC would consider teaming Nicky and Anne together for the show?

I quite like Watchdog but what was wrong with the old hosts, did they decide to leave or something like that? Anne Robinson isn't really my most favourite of people to watch on tv..

I like Matt Alwright though and Rouge Traders. I hope his sidekick will be on the show too.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Could this be the reason why Julia isn't on there anymore:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21137375/

But it doesn't explain why Nicky isn't on the show anymore

I look forward to the show I have no idea why they would change the presenters. were they that bad before?

And how much more surgery will Anne have?

She can afford it I am not watching the show for her face but for consumer issues

Yes me too but always amazes me with Anne why doesn't she just grow old gracefully?

I like it as it always has good issues on it..

Thread Information