Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Show

The One Show

BBC One announces that The One Show is set to be extended.

After successfully trialling a 60-minute format of the show in May, the series, which usually runs at 30 minutes, will include an hour-long show every week from September to the end of the year.

The 60-minute shows will include a raft of new features, celebrating lives, landscapes and stories from all around the UK.

BBC One also announces today that The One Show's presenters, Christine Bleakley and Adrian Chiles, will be taking a well-deserved fortnight's holiday in August.

The channel is delighted to be welcoming some of the country's most popular presenters to stand in during their absence.

Gloria Hunniford and Gethin Jones take the helm from Monday 17 to Friday 21 August.

They will be followed by everyone's favourite dancer John Sergeant who will join forces with Myleene Klass, from Monday 24 to Friday 28 August.

The One Show has established itself as essential early evening viewing – combining celebrity guests with topical reports from every corner of the UK.

Executive Producer of The One Show, Tessa Finch, says: "We're delighted to welcome four One Show favourites to stand in for Christine and Adrian while they're on holiday.

"The One Show has had a great summer and is gearing up for the autumn season with a brilliant line-up of stories from all around the UK and some extremely exciting projects for viewers to get involved with.

"The new hour-long programmes are a great vote of confidence from the audience and the channel. Everyone on The One Show is looking forward to the challenge.

"We'll be remaining true to The One Show's commitment to intelligent fun."

The hour-long shows will start in September 2009 and the specific day is to be confirmed.

The One Show was two years old on 9 July 2009.

Really? I may have to watch it before I slate it!

This has to be the greatest show on TV.

Your kidding me? (Aren't you)

ive seen it sometimes now and again, its alright. didnt realised it had been on 2yrs though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    Really? I may have to watch it before I slate it!
    You haven't lived until you've watched atleast a week of this show, it's fab

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    Your kidding me? (Aren't you)
    I was kidding but I do think it's so random, it's brilliant! Like I tuned in once and they were discussing speed bumps - I mean what on earth lol

yes the show is VERY random it can feel like the subjects are kind of thought out right there and then. I like to Christine and Adrian together I think they are good presenters. Him with his strange accent

I've never seen this
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Really where have you been?

Thread Information