Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor USA

I really dont see the point in this

SIMON Cowell will quit American Idol at the end of next season, the star's brother claimed last night.

Tony Cowell - who hosts a weekly radio broadcast called Fame Game - said the judge will instead work on creating a US version of The X Factor.

Tony blurted out the claim in a podcast of his show which was later removed.

He said: "Meanwhile, Simon prepares for a new season of 'Idol,' or should I say his last season of 'Idol' - OK, I will say it, because it is.

"As I sit here in the sunny Caribbean with my family, a press statement is being prepared which will confirm what everyone expected - Simon will leave 'Idol' at the end of 2010 to concentrate on bringing the American version of 'The X Factor' to US TV in 2011."

The 59-year-old is said to be very close to brother Simon, 50, and co-wrote his memoirs.

His remarks add to rumours that he is about to quit the runaway TV hit, that debuted in the US in June 2002 on the Fox network.

A spokeswoman for Cowell - who is on holiday in Barbados - and the network Fox both declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0aVFPMCOT

Simon Cowell has suggested that Paula Abdul may join him on the judging panel for the US version of The X Factor.

Earlier today it was confirmed that Cowell is stepping down from American Idol to concentrate on the new series, which will launch on Fox in 2011. Abdul was a judge on Idol for eight seasons but quit last year in a dispute over pay.

Asked whether Abdul could be part of The X Factor, Cowell replied: "I've gone on record, I adore Paula. Whatever happens, I will be working with her in some capacity because I miss her. You're just going to have to watch this space."

Cowell added that an announcement of the judging panel would be made "fairly soon".

UK judge Cheryl Cole has been widely tipped to be a judge on the US version, while UK host Dermot O'Leary is in consideration for the same position in the US.

DS

ITV1 is concerned that Simon Cowell's deal with Fox for a US X Factor will have a huge impact on its schedules, reports The Mirror.

Fox is apparently insisting that the US X Factor air in the autumn, meaning that the British version could shift to the first half of the year.

"[Cowell] wants to stay making X Factor in the UK as well as his American deal but he can't be in two places at once," a source close to Cowell said.

Such a change would most likely see ITV1's Dancing On Ice and Britain's Got Talent airing months later than usual as well.

It is being speculated that X Factor UK host Dermot O'Leary and judge Cheryl Cole will move across to the forthcoming US version, to air in 2011.

DS

Simon Cowell has secretly approached Victoria Beckham to discuss making her a judge on American X Factor – with the lure of a $1million-a-show deal.

X Factor’s acid-tongued boss phoned the former Spice Girl offering her a handful of dates, with a view to securing her on a permanent basis.

Victoria made her debut as a guest judge on rival US show American Idol on Tuesday night and Simon, 50, who is leaving his slot as a judge on Idol, is keen to build her popularity with American viewers.

He left messages for the singer-turned-designer wife of footballer David on Sunday night, before they finally spoke on Tuesday.

Simon offered four dates in which she could feature as a guest panellist. The news will come as a bombshell to Victoria’s management, headed by Simon Fuller – the man behind Idol. A TV source said: “Simon was trying to get hold of Victoria for a few days, keen to suggest a few X Factor dates.

“When they did finally speak, she was incredibly flattered, not to mention surprised.

“Money was not discussed but as American TV judges go, the minimum she would be on in a four-show deal is $4million.

“However, if she was to become a permanent fixture, she could earn tens of millions.

“Victoria told Simon she needs time to think about it as she is so busy with her fashion work right now.

“Looking at her hectic schedule, some of the dates mooted could be problematic as David is away, so she wants to work from home and look after the kids.

“But Simon is incredibly charming so who knows. They did have a long conversation and although Victoria thinks she will be too manic to commit, she loved her time on the Idol panel.” The pair even had a tongue-in-cheek, on-screen bust-up in the opening episode of Fuller’s American Idol reality programme.

After the multi-millionaire mogul berated a contestant for being “very dull”, Victoria asked him: “Why do you do that?”

Cowell queried: “Do what?” and she replied: “That thing where you roll your eyes. It takes so much nerve to stand there and do that.”

Her appearance as a guest panellist prompted mixed reaction from US audiences.

While some viewers criticised her slender frame and “bony physique”, others praised her judging debut.

One gushed: “She was awesome – let’s see more, more, more of Ms Beckham.”

If Victoria, 35, does agree to appear on the X Factor, due to start in the autumn, it would be sure to wind-up 19 management boss Fuller.

Already reeling that Cowell has quit his talent show, last night it emerged he was robbed of £100,000 worth of jewellery and cash while on holiday in Uruguay.

well i watched half an hour of American Idol with her as a guest judge last night and she contributed very little, so i think that would be a big waste of money if you ask me! She has the charisma of a cockroach!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Meh (14-01-2010)

All she said was 'nice' several times.

What a ****ing pouting talentless bitch. As for those skinny arms - ewwwww

She did tell Simon off for rolling his eyes when she disagreeed with him about the guy being boring!!!

Talent show honcho Simon Cowell has reportedly offered Posh Spice Victoria Beckham a $1million-a-show deal to judge The X Factor, when he launches the show in the US next year. This comes despite Victoria's wobbly start in American TV; her appearance as a guest judge on American Idol - the show Cowell has left to launch X Factor - wasn't especially well received by critics after it aired in the states on Tuesday night.

A source revealed that: "Simon was trying to get hold of Victoria for a few days, keen to suggest a few 'X Factor' dates. When they did finally speak, she was incredibly flattered, not to mention surprised. "

However, if Posh does succumb to Cowell's infamous charms and sign up, she wouldn't be too popular with her management company - headed by Simon Fuller, who just happens to be the creator of American Idol.
    i really hope this doesnt happen

Posh really doesnt do much on American Idol

Thread Information