Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Connor-McDonald (Kym Marsh)

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has rubbished claims that she is to split from fiancé Jamie Lomas.

The actress admitted that she is feeling angry after reading reports which suggested that her relationship was on the rocks.

Writing in her New column, Marsh commented: "A women's magazine ran a totally untrue story last week, saying I was about to dump Jamie.

"To put the record straight, Jamie and I love each other and are getting married this year for crying out loud! These sorts of stories are so pathetic - it makes me mad."

The couple, who started dating in June 2008, became engaged last Christmas.

Marsh, best known for her role as Weatherfield barmaid Michelle Connor, recently confirmed that she is planning a small wedding and will tie the knot with Lomas in the summer.

Kym Marsh has confessed that she is feeling "upset" over rumours surrounding her relationship with fiancé Jamie Lomas.

The Coronation Street actress set tongues wagging last week by announcing that she and Lomas had put their wedding plans on hold.

Although the couple have blamed work commitments for the postponement, their decision led to speculation that their romance had hit the rocks.

Writing in her New column, Marsh insisted: "Despite reports suggesting otherwise, Jamie and I are not separating. Our wedding is going ahead, but it won't be at the end of this year as originally planned.

"We have a lot going on in our lives. Apart from having three children between us, we have demanding lifestyles and had fallen behind with planning the big day. It felt like it was rush, rush, rush.

"People postpone their weddings every day, but because we're in the public eye, it's been blown out of all proportion. It has really upset me. I'm very much looking forward to becoming Mrs Lomas."

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has hit out at the latest rumours surrounding her relationship with Jamie Lomas.

Writing in her New magazine column, the actress insisted that there is no truth in suggestions that Lomas has upset her by making plans for a US career.

Marsh - who plays Weatherfield's Michelle Connor - explained: "A magazine reported last week that my relationship with Jamie is under pressure because he's going to stay in Los Angeles until he's made it in the US.

"It also said that if the pilot show he's making goes well, he might also go in January for six weeks. Firstly, as I've already said, Jamie is not doing a pilot show in America and, secondly, he has no plans to extend his stay.

"I'm tired of having to correct this particular magazine's sloppy journalism. Their stories about Jamie and me are always incorrect and are sometimes quite nasty."

Last month, Marsh admitted that she was "really upset" over false claims that she had separated from Lomas.

THE joy of finding she was pregnant was tinged with sadness for Coronation Street beauty Kym Marsh.

The mum-of-two was thrilled to be expecting again. But the news brought back how she lost her newborn son Archie nearly 18 months ago.

Now Kym and her fiance, Hollyoaks heartthrob Jamie Lomas, are simply taking each day of the pregnancy one step at a time.

She said: It is a sensitive subject for us. Jamie and I are so, so happy. But we know from experience there's still a long way to go.

Weve had lots of lovely messages from people who wanted to send us their best wishes. That has really meant a lot to both of us.

Brilliant

Kym, 34, beams with pride when she talks of her children David, 15, and Emily, 13, from a previous relationship. She said: My children are the centre of my life. I definitely a protective mum, over-protective probably, but they are my world.

I feel very lucky to have two beautiful children when there are so many women out there who don't have that luxury. You have to thank God for what you've got.

I became much more aware of that after I lost Archie.

The tiny child died in February last year just seconds after being born 18 weeks prematurely.

Kym and Jamie, 30, who has a four-year-old son with former girlfriend Haley Lever, struggled to cope with their heartbreak and it led to a split.

But their painful separation was short and they are now happily engaged. Kym said: Jamie is a brilliant dad and it is good he has experience of being a parent.

Were a proper family unit and David and Emily are very close to him, just as Im close to his son Billy, who stays with us three times a week.

We don't know when well get married. We still haven't decided.

But being engaged is enough for the time being so were leaving it on the back burner for now.

When we first met there were adjustments to be made because Jamie wasn't used to coping with two teenagers and I wasn't used to having a two-year-old around. But I think we've got the balance right now.

The baby is due in April and Kym is still unsure how Coronation Street bosses will deal with it.

She said: I don't know when I'm going to stop filming or how the show will reflect me being pregnant. We haven't discussed it yet.

But I don't think they'll write a pregnancy into the script. That kind of thing happens very rarely. Its more likely they'll use a lot of baggy jumpers and standing behind tables.

As Corrie temptress Michelle Connor, Kym has delighted viewers with her raunchy antics, especially in a scene where she dropped her towel in front of builder Jake Harman.

She said: It does make me giggle when I hear people have asked for Michelle to drop her towel again.

For months after I did that scene that was all people would talk to me about. Everywhere I went, strangers would stop me in the street to talk about it. Because I wasn't actually naked I felt that I had to stop and explain to people that I didn't actually get my kit off.

That was definitely the most risque thing I've done. At Corrie we do have naughty bits because it is important. But we also need to keep it traditional because we don't have the Hollyoaks demographic.

The viewers don't like it if you change things too much. So the risque stuff is much more Jamie's thing.

I don't put myself forward for the sexiest female kind of bracket but of course it is nice when it happens. Nice, but also quite weird.

It is clear Kym enjoys her work on the ITV1 soap but the child she lost is never far from her mind.

She said: I think Archie's death is something Ill always find difficult.

There are times when I still feel low about it but I just have to carry on because my children need me to be there for them.

In the beginning they were my main reason for carrying on. I couldn't fall apart because they needed me.

Its not something that is ever going to leave me and there wont be a day that goes by that I don't wish Archie was here. I do and I always will.

Its really scary how premature birth is the biggest cause of infant death in the country and so many other women have been through what I went through.

Yet nobody knows what causes it. So how is anybody ever going to stop it happening?

That is why I think it is so important for people to donate to charities like Bliss, who are working to fund research into premature births.

Lancashire lass Kym, who grew up in Wigan and found fame in 2001 as a member of HearSay, is writing her autobiography, which is almost like therapy.

She said: Its been great remembering the funny things from my childhood but Ive had some really difficult times and reliving them has been hard. I've had to remember bullying, my brush with bulimia and what happened with Archie.

Its been strange being that open. Going through the hard parts has been horrible but at the end of the day you feel better for talking about it.

Kym, married for seven years from 2002 to actor Jack Ryder, added: Yes its fair to say Ive had a lot of ups and downs in my life but I do think I am a bit of a fighter.

The star, crowned Celebrity Mum of the Year 2009 by parenting healthcare charity Bounty, has teamed up with Childnet International to launch a guide designed to help parents and children safe while online.

The guide is called Music, Film, TV and the Internet and is free from childnet.com/downloading.

Kym said: I wanted to get involved because my children use the internet for talking on MSN and downloading music or videos. I am very protective of my kids like most mums.

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has admitted that she is unsure how her pregnancy will affect filming of the show.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor in the ITV1 soap, told The People that it was unlikely her pregnancy would be written into her character's storyline and that her bump will instead have to be disguised in scenes.

She said: "I don't know when I'm going to stop filming or how the show will reflect me being pregnant. We haven't discussed it yet.

"But I don't think they'll write a pregnancy into the script. That kind of thing happens very rarely. It's more likely they'll use a lot of baggy jumpers and standing behind tables."

Marsh, who is engaged to Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas, added: "My children are the centre of my life. I'm definitely a protective mum - overprotective probably - but they are my world."

Kym Marsh has clarified a remark she made about when she and Jamie Lomas will tie the knot.

Writing in her New magazine column, the Coronation Street actress explained that she had been asked the question by a journalist during press for the soap's 50th anniversary.

She continued: "I made light of it, saying, 'I only got divorced last year', but that’s definitely not to say we won’t tie the knot. We just want to do it in our own time and not feel pressured into it.

"Who knows, we might decide to go off and get married next week!"

Marsh also revealed that her pregnancy was behind her absence from last week's tram crash episodes and the live broadcast.

Kym Marsh has hit out at a message she received on Twitter, which asked if she had had a miscarriage.

The Coronation Street actress announced that she was pregnant in October. Marsh and her partner Jamie Lomas lost their prematurely-born baby son Archie in 2009.

She retweeted the received message which read: "hey Kym i heard rumours u lost the baby (sic)", adding: "Possibly the sickest tweet I've ever had or seen in my life!"

The 34-year-old - Michelle Connor in the Manchester serial - told another follower that the message had "shook me up a bit after everything".

She added: "Thank you to everyone for the support over that tweet."

Maybe we should rename this thread Kym Marsh Thread

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alan45 (11-01-2011), tammyy2j (12-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Maybe we should rename this thread Kym Marsh Thread
    If we did that it would be one of the biggest threads on the boards as that woman has an opinion on everything...
    Super Mod

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (11-01-2011), lizann (11-01-2011)

CORRIE bosses have been forced into a string of last-minute rewrites after Kym Marsh went on early maternity leave.

Kym's character Michelle Connor was due to have a steamy affair with wealthy business associate Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel).

But the shake-up will instead see Underworld manager Michelle jet off to Ireland to spend time with her family.

And her affair plotline goes to Samia Smith's character Maria Connor - as bosses had no time for a full rewrite.

Kym, 34, has gone on maternity leave five months early in a bid to avoid pregnancy complications.

She was given special leave after she and hubby Jamie Lomas lost their son Archie when he was born 18 weeks premature in February 2009.

The plot shake-up will see a furious Carla Connor (Alison King) poach Maria from Audrey's hair salon to be her personal assistant.

To make the line-up change at Underworld complete, Julie Carp (Katy Cavanagh) will be promoted to supervisor and Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) will replace departing Janice Battersby (Vicky Entwistle).

A Corrie insider said: "It's a massive shake-up and it opens up lots of ideas for exciting new plots."

The new line-up will take place in episodes to be screened in March.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...maternity.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (13-01-2011)

Thread Information