Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masood Family Appreciation Thread **May contain spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    i really like the way they dress Amira, she wears more tradtional things for important occassions but she also has a nice balance of east and west in my opinion.
    I love how she dresses as well

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    i love the dorky one( cant remember his name) and mother their sooooo funny!! wonder wht he looks like in real life
    This is how he looks in real life - pretty handsome i say

Tamwar Masood/Himesh Patel

Ganatra: 'Masoods are making TV history'
    Saturday, November 28 2009, 11:29 GMT

By Sarah Rollo, Entertainment Reporter

Nitin Ganatra has praised the BBC for making TV history by depicting a Muslim family to which viewers can relate.

The EastEnders star reportedly said that the Masoods have become the "first really successful Muslim family on the BBC".

Ganatra, who plays Albert Square's Masood Ahmed, told Inside Soap that the clan have a "typical family quality" which allows viewers to easily relate to them.

"It's hats off to the producers at EastEnders, as the Masoods have become the first really successful Muslim family on the BBC - we're making history that way."

Earlier this year, a BBC spokesperson defended the family after they were blasted as "two-dimensional and ill-conceived" by former EastEnders star Deepak Verma.

"The Masood family have proved to be hugely popular with EastEnders viewers," the spokesperson said.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...v-history.html

I'm loving the Masoods, too, especially the Syed/Christian affair. I think it may all come out on New Year's day at the wedding. Can't wait!

Hey everyone i really love the Masoods as well they are great

Wasn`t Nintin and Nina in Goodness gracious me i loved that show so funny
    angelblue

EastEnders star Nina Wadia has revealed that there are "really dark" times ahead for the Masood family over the coming weeks.

Earlier this year, the actress's character Zainab Masood was forced to deal with the bombshell news that her son Syed (Marc Elliott) is gay and had been having an affair. Next week, the plot reaches a climax as Syed's wife Amira (Preeya Kalidas) discovers the truth.

Speaking on This Morning today, Wadia explained that the Masoods are to face more misery as the BBC soap's producers want to carry on providing a realistic portrayal of the issues affecting gay Muslims.

Fans of the Walford serial have already seen Syed's father Masood, played by Nitin Ganatra, being told to disown his son after seeking guidance from his local imam.

Wadia commented: "They've really done their research on this. It goes to a really dark place because that is what would happen - and has happened.

"From the research they've done, they've spoken to families who've had this conflict and you literally cut off all ties. It's like that person doesn't exist."

Ganatra, who was also interviewed, added: "It's very tragic, it's a very tragic situation for a family to have to go through that. They've handled it beautifully and very delicately."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-04-2010), parkerman (23-04-2010)

EastEnders star Himesh Patel has revealed that his character Tamwar Masood will face "a very big obstacle" in a new romance storyline.

In the coming weeks, Tamwar will be left feeling lonely on the Square as his friend Darren Miller starts spending more time with girlfriend Jodie Gold - but he is expected to soon find a possible new love interest of his own.

Speaking to Walford Web about what kind of woman Tamwar is looking for, Patel explained: "I'm not sure he knows, due to lack of experience in that part of life.

"It's got to the stage where he just wants someone, whether that someone is perfect or not. He won't ask many questions and that is what's going to cause problems."

Meanwhile, asked whether the identity of Tamwar's potential girlfriend will surprise fans, the actor replied: "It depends how long you've been watching the show."

He added: "There's one very, very big obstacle to overcome. It's something that Tamwar couldn't possibly prepare himself for."

So Tamwar's girlfriend is not a new comer then. I cant think of anyone his age that would really fit the bill. Lauren? she's kinda with Peter isnt she?! Maybe they will be the next Bradley and Stacey. Tamwar being the kind hearted geek and Lauren the live wire who is tamed ha.

Isn't it Afia?

She's not really a main character. I dont know what the obstacle would be. It seems like the perfect scenario. And his parents would love him for it lol. Muslim related to one of their best friends.

'asked whether the identity of Tamwar's potential girlfriend will surprise fans, the actor replied: "It depends how long you've been watching the show."' suggests it wouldn't be Lauren.

I'm sticking with Afia!

Thread Information