Page 964 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496296396496596697410141064 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I have just watched the last bit of Tuesday's episode again to see why Liv and Vinny were wandering about in the village. It would appears that The Yorkshire vet couldn't be @rsed to look after his own child
    or leave her in a pub with people so he could see his cheating wife in hospital

Surely there was someone sober enough to keep an eye on her for him. Diane and Victoria weren't pished.

And surely they could have done Liv's death better than stuck between a caravan and a wall with a dodgy camera angle for her last scenes with Vinny. I had to laugh at the paramedics just casually packing up their stuff and looking like they were getting ready to leave while she's still sat there dying.

Also Sam did pretty well to walk.and talk while still skewered.

Edit - did anyone else notice how quick that wind died down in this episode considering it was supposedly immediately after the caravan had just been blown about.
    Last edited by hward; 20-10-2022 at 02:06.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (20-10-2022), lizann (20-10-2022), Son of Cain (20-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post

Edit - did anyone else notice how quick that wind died down in this episode considering it was supposedly immediately after the caravan had just been blown about.
    With such increased electricity prices they had to switch off the wind machines quickly

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (20-10-2022), johntrevor (20-10-2022), Son of Cain (20-10-2022)

I liked the last moments Vinny had with Liv, I wish Isobella all the best for her future career.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (20-10-2022), lizann (20-10-2022), Son of Cain (20-10-2022)

I find it difficult to believe the emergency services would just stand there waiting for Liv to die. Fire fighters normally have cutting gear with them. I have seen demonstrations where fire fighters have cut people out ot cars. Caravans being more flimsy than the average car, I am sure they could have got her free in minutes. Even if she subsequently died at least they would have done everything to give her a chance of surviving.

Bet Sam is glad Nate was there to cut him free, if the emergency services had been called out, he would still probably be impaled on that spike, while they called his nearest and dearest to say goodbye.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (20-10-2022), hward (20-10-2022), lizann (20-10-2022), Perdita (21-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I find it difficult to believe the emergency services would just stand there waiting for Liv to die. Fire fighters normally have cutting gear with them. I have seen demonstrations where fire fighters have cut people out ot cars. Caravans being more flimsy than the average car, I am sure they could have got her free in minutes. Even if she subsequently died at least they would have done everything to give her a chance of surviving.
    Well said. Did they even call for the Fire Service ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

hward (20-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I liked the last moments Vinny had with Liv, I wish Isobella all the best for her future career.
    I've heard one of her songs, not a bad singer. She has left to pursue her singing career

13. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (20-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Well said. Did they even call for the Fire Service ?
    Yes they were there, just standing about doing little, remarkably untouch by the situation. One of them looked in the upturned car. I think the woman that Paddy spoke to was their leading officer. She said that the caravan had pinned Liv down, crushed her lower body, and it was the only thing keeping her alive. I am not sure how they knew this, as it must have been difficult to see Life's injuries beneath the caravan. The whole scene was engineered to give Aaron and Vinny the opportunity to say goodbye. But I am sure in real life they would have tried to free her.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 20-10-2022 at 15:41.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

hward (20-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Yes they were there, just standing about doing little, remarkably untouch by the situation. One of them looked in the upturned car. I think the woman that Paddy spoke to was their leading officer. She said that the caravan had pinned Liv down, crushed her lower body, and it was the only thing keeping her alive. I am not sure how they knew this, as it must have been difficult to see Life's injuries beneath the caravan. The whole scene was engineered to give Aaron and Vinny the opportunity to say goodbye. But I am sure in real life they would have tried to free her.
    Of course they would.

If she was trapped near to the wheel she would not be totally crushed and if she was trapped at one of the ends, she could be released by pushing down on the other end

Exactly, it was still on it's wheels so there was a gap underneath it or else Vinny would have been crushed too. Plus, when Aaron was with her and the camera was from Liv's side you could see daylight underneath the caravan and out the otherside where he was crouched.

Thread Information