Page 805 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 305705755795803804805806807815855905 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Leanna was beautifully posed in the river bed.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 10-07-2021 at 14:22.

billy or jacob blamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    She may try to plant the ring on Jacob.
    Who knew that he had given it her back ?
    I suppose those at the party will be too dumb to remember Meena was looking for the rucksack and they told her it was at the house.
    I hope it doesn't drag out, the stupidity of it all is doing my head in.
    Totally agree

I was dreading the Liam scenes and I was right.

The dialogue in this episode was terrible, no one in real life speaks like this. First the police officer dragging out the conversation, talking about managing the scene and naming Bernice as a passer-by to Jacob's outburst on the bridge wanting Liam to demand answers from the police.How could they do this when they do not know what happened. Even a drama queen like Bernice would not babble on the way she did, first to Liam, then to Gabby and Kim, instead of talking about Leanna being lost and alone and having her face in her head, surely she would just come out and say "Leanna's dead" and I found her. Even Marlon telling them to stop pointing the finger and listen, why did he simply not tell them what had happened. The special effects of blurry images and echoey soundtrack, did nothing to add to the drama, instead it did the opposite introducing an element of unintended comedy. Emmerdale seems to be trying to imitate Eastenders in this respect, and look at the state of mess that's in at present.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 10-07-2021 at 10:31.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-07-2021), Snagglepus (10-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I agree, I doubt people think where they're going in these situations.
    I am sure I would run to the nearest place where I find other people like family, neighbours who were only a couple of houses away .. but then we would not have had a murder and now probably months and months of the incredibly useless police in Emmerdale/Hotten coming to the wrong conclusions .... n:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (10-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    The dialogue in this episode was terrible, no one in real life speaks like this. First the police officer dragging out the conversation, talking about managing the scene and naming Bernice as a passer-by to Jacob's outburst on the bridge wanting Liam to demand answers from the police.How could they do this when they do not know what happened. Even a drama queen like Bernice would not babble on the way she did, first to Liam, then to Gabby and Kim, instead of talking about Leanna being lost and alone and having her face in her head, surely she would just come out and say "Leanna's dead" and I found her. Even Marlon telling them to stop pointing the finger and listen, why did he simply not tell them what had happened. The special effects of blurry images and echoey soundtrack, did nothing to add to the drama, instead it did the opposite introducing an element of unintended comedy. Emmerdale seems to be trying to imitate Eastenders in this respect, and look at the state of mess that's in at present.
    I think they were trying to show Bernice in shock and that is how she reacted and it is quite possible that some folk would be like that. As for people never letting others speak but rather jumping to conclusions and slagging people off ... that is very much soapland behaviour

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (11-07-2021), lizann (11-07-2021), Son of Cain (11-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think they were trying to show Bernice in shock and that is how she reacted and it is quite possible that some folk would be like that. As for people never letting others speak but rather jumping to conclusions and slagging people off ... that is very much soapland behaviour
    I agree that they were trying to show Bernice in shock, but personally I feel they failed, especially with the special effects. When you compare this to a six part drama, which rarely ever portrays similar situations like this. Soaps seem to continually fall into the trap of over damatizing and dragging things out. Maybe it's because the actors are not capable of the subtlety required to act in a more realistic way. It seems that when they act the one part for so long they become a caricature. Although I am sure the writing is really mostly to blame.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 11-07-2021 at 11:02.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (11-07-2021), Perdita (12-07-2021), tammyy2j (12-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I am sure I would run to the nearest place where I find other people like family, neighbours who were only a couple of houses away .. but then we would not have had a murder and now probably months and months of the incredibly useless police in Emmerdale/Hotten coming to the wrong conclusions .... n:
    PC Swirling is not useless. He's a fine officer

why was liam not asked to identify leanna

gabby should have hugged her upset mother

Ridiculous scene tonight.

It is not the job of a pathologist to declare an accidental death. That's the job of a coroners court.

Be patient Noah. She's coming round.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (12-07-2021), tammyy2j (12-07-2021)

Thread Information