Page 739 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789839 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Why are most of the characters in Emmerdale so useless?

Why has Kirk had to work when normally he would just cancel all appointments at the drop of a hat.
    Not only useless but so miserable and unlikable. I cannot think of many characters here I would like if they were real people. Marlon has become an unbelievable idiot. I use to like Dawn but not now, not because she killed Malone, I am OK with that, but she is so whiney now. Chastity likewise, how long is she going to punish Paddy, things actually worked out better for Charity because he went to the police, Kirin agreed to the adoption and she got her money back. The whole programme not seems devoted to relationship problems with people I feel nothing for. Cannot wait for Mandy and Paul to leave.
    I think the producers and writers exist in a bubble where they think viewers love what they are doing. Media tend to describe Mandy as a "viewers favourite", don't know about other viewers but she is not my favourite. Funny enough Paddy is still one of the characters I quite like bit not as much as I used to.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 03-10-2020 at 10:27.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (03-10-2020), Perdita (03-10-2020), Snagglepus (03-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Not only useless but so miserable and unlikable. I cannot think of many characters here I would like if they were real people. Marlon has become an unbelievable idiot. I use to like Dawn but not now, not because she killed Malone, I am OK with that, but she is so whiney now. Chastity likewise, how long is she going to punish Paddy, things actually worked out better for Charity because he went to the police, Kirin agreed to the adoption and she got her money back. The whole programme not seems devoted to relationship problems with people I feel nothing for. Cannot wait for Mandy and Paul to leave.
    I think the producers and writers exist in a bubble where they think viewers love what they are doing. Media tend to describe Mandy as a "viewers favourite", don't know about other viewers but she is not my favourite. Funny enough Paddy is still one of the characters I quite like bit not as much as I used to.
    After Corrie, Emmerdale always used to be my second favourite soap ... starting to struggle with Corrie at times but certainly Emmerdale is losing ground with me ... I get it that soaps do not want to introduce new characters every 5 minutes but to make existing characters suddenly become involved romantically when before they hardly ever exchanged a greeting in a couple of years or more .. or suddenly they change sexual orientation ... How come that 50 years or more ago they used to be able to write interesting storylines that kept viewers wanting to see the next episode as soon as possible .. still had murders, affairs then but less of them and far more intersting written .. and of course .. much more humour .. Now we have old Kim to repeat what she did 30 years ago throw her weight around with money and threats and bribes... .. a criminal not long out of jail able to throw her weight around and apparently wealthy ..??? Surely after her time in jail she should not have any money? Mabye I am just tired of the same storylines of cheating folk, overhearing conversations they should not .. not watching EastEnders now for 5 or 6 years has shown me that I have not missed one episode, , I do not want Corrie or Emmerdale to go the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    After Corrie, Emmerdale always used to be my second favourite soap ... starting to struggle with Corrie at times but certainly Emmerdale is losing ground with me ... I get it that soaps do not want to introduce new characters every 5 minutes but to make existing characters suddenly become involved romantically when before they hardly ever exchanged a greeting in a couple of years or more .. or suddenly they change sexual orientation ... How come that 50 years or more ago they used to be able to write interesting storylines that kept viewers wanting to see the next episode as soon as possible .. still had murders, affairs then but less of them and far more intersting written .. and of course .. much more humour .. Now we have old Kim to repeat what she did 30 years ago throw her weight around with money and threats and bribes... .. a criminal not long out of jail able to throw her weight around and apparently wealthy ..??? Surely after her time in jail she should not have any money? Mabye I am just tired of the same storylines of cheating folk, overhearing conversations they should not .. not watching EastEnders now for 5 or 6 years has shown me that I have not missed one episode, , I do not want Corrie or Emmerdale to go the same way
    I suspect that the quality is down to the pressure to produce more episodes.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (03-10-2020), Perdita (04-10-2020), Son of Cain (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I suspect that the quality is down to the pressure to produce more episodes.
    I agree which sadly will not change, the cupboard is bare, ITV have nothing else to show mid evening and have not the inclination or imagination to change this. Plus the soaps rate well and bring in the advertisers. ITV is a business first and a broadcaster second!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Believe me Eastenders is much worse than than either Emmerdale or Corrie so you are not missing anything. It has not become obsessed with rubbish gangster stories. Walford must run a close second to Tijuana as the "The Murder Capital of the World"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    I agree which sadly will not change, the cupboard is bare, ITV have nothing else to show mid evening and have not the inclination or imagination to change this. Plus the soaps rate well and bring in the advertisers. ITV is a business first and a broadcaster second!
    The extra episodes have definately cased a drop in quality and ITV is a business, but if the quality continues to drop, so will the viewing audience, so less people will see the adverts. I have always wondered how effective TV advertising is anyway, myself I don't really watch them, I get up to do things or check my phone or just look away, rarely could I tell you what has been advertised. The problem is now with the extra episodes they have come to rely on characters having relationship problems and just repeat variations of the same storylines over and over. It gets to the point where almost all the characters have been in relationships with every other character. It is rare for them to meet anyone outside of their own world. Does anyone actually know a real Steve MacDonald. (Maybe should have posted this bit in Corrie Forum, but commenta apply to both programmes.)
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 04-10-2020 at 10:23.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (08-10-2020)

They need to bring in characters like Matt Skilbeck who was always busy fixing the dry stone wall up at top field. A hard working man who wasn't always trying to get his leg over someone else, unlike his floozy, Dolly. That would be more interesting than what's going on now.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    They need to bring in characters like Matt Skilbeck who was always busy fixing the dry stone wall up at top field. A hard working man who wasn't always trying to get his leg over someone else, unlike his floozy, Dolly. That would be more interesting than what's going on now.
    BRING BACK
    MATT SKILBECK

Is this the start of a campaign - Things have never been the same since Jack left.

did chas make a move, proposition al, poor paddy

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    did chas make a move, proposition al, poor paddy
    Chas deserves better that that idiot.

Jamie needs proper punishment. Cain will have plenty of alibi witnesses.

Thread Information