Page 918 of 1201 FirstFirst ... 4188188689089169179189199209289681018 ... LastLast
Results 9,171 to 9,180 of 12008

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Is Wendy a doctor now - covering Liam's clinic?
    If Liam says she's a doctor, she's a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Because it helps her cope with the stressful year she has had thanks to Meena.
    Does not seem to be helping her much - lying to her husband and friends, blackmail, and pushing everyone away. Bringing out the worst of her. I know it must seem simplistic and unsympathetic of me, but she could look on the bright side of things and realize she survived her ordeal with Meena.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (25-06-2022), lizann (25-06-2022), Perdita (25-06-2022)

Does not seem to be helping her much - lying to her husband and friends, blackmail, and pushing everyone away. Bringing out the worst of her. I know it must seem simplistic and unsympathetic of me, but she could look on the bright side of things and realize she survived her ordeal with Meena.
    I agree with you totally.

The other person who really annoys me as David. He is supposed to be in a serious relationship with Victoria but he is unable to be honest with her. Hopeless relationship. Well done Brenda. Keep your money.

Chastity should not feel guilty because all the time she was kissing Al she was imagining she was with Paddy.

I will miss Sam and Lydia when they go on their tour of Scotland.
    Last edited by Dennis tanner; 25-06-2022 at 00:16.

I agree, I do find it strange though that Suzy, after many years of using it, meets Vanessa and does not seem to have a problem at all to stop using it. Guess they are trying to demonstrate that different people are different addicts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (25-06-2022)

I agree, I do find it strange though that Suzy, after many years of using it, meets Vanessa and does not seem to have a problem at all to stop using it. Guess they are trying to demonstrate that different people are different addicts.
    True, but it also seems that Suzy was using more recreationally, whereas Leyla has gone in full blown at every opportunity, just to get through the day.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (25-06-2022), Son of Cain (25-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    True, but it also seems that Suzy was using more recreationally, whereas Leyla has gone in full blown at every opportunity, just to get through the day.
    She needs to chill out with a nice cup of tea and watch Corrie .
    Last edited by Dennis tanner; 25-06-2022 at 17:27.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (25-06-2022)

Cocaine is not a physically addictive drug, like heroin, the addiction is psychological. As johntrevor says Suzi seemed to use it socially, probably on nights out, whereas Leyla is now using it just to get through the day. Taking cocaine makes it difficult to sleep, or at least to get restful sleep, so that you wake up in morning feeling tired and hungover, taking more cocaine helps to make you feel up again, starting a vicious circle. I had a neighbour who was a major coke dealer who used large quantities of the drug himself. But he could stop at any time when he felt it was getting much, and he needed to get some good sleep, there was no signs of physical addiction. Leyla could do the same if she wanted too, and had the will power to do so. I am not sure where she is finding the money to fund this habit, although she is an event and wedding organizer, we not really see much evidence of this, only talk. Would Priya not notice if she was taking money from the business?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (26-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    If Liam says she's a doctor, she's a doctor
    She is not even a FULLY qualified nurse.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (26-06-2022), lizann (26-06-2022)

If ?5,000 is not enough to pay off David's debt, he should shut up shop now. As he only seems to have about a dozen customers, he is never going to earn enough to clear them. I am surprized he has lasted this long, probably only because villagers have not yet realized the existence of supermarkets.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (26-06-2022)

Cocaine is not a physically addictive drug, like heroin, the addiction is psychological. As johntrevor says Suzi seemed to use it socially, probably on nights out, whereas Leyla is now using it just to get through the day. Taking cocaine makes it difficult to sleep, or at least to get restful sleep, so that you wake up in morning feeling tired and hungover, taking more cocaine helps to make you feel up again, starting a vicious circle. I had a neighbour who was a major coke dealer who used large quantities of the drug himself. But he could stop at any time when he felt it was getting much, and he needed to get some good sleep, there was no signs of physical addiction. Leyla could do the same if she wanted too, and had the will power to do so. I am not sure where she is finding the money to fund this habit, although she is an event and wedding organizer, we not really see much evidence of this, only talk. Would Priya not notice if she was taking money from the business?
    An excellent assessment of the situation that Leyla finds herself in.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (26-06-2022)

Thread Information