Page 847 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897947 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    He may do. I think he suspects that Linda is telling the truth and therefore, it would be for the best. A rapist is the last person you want near a child, even if he happens to be her father.
    I agree. After seeing that mad look in Dean's eyes at the salon, I think Buster fears what Dean is capable of. I hope Shabnam thinks again about Jade.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (20-06-2015), lizann (21-06-2015), maidmarian (20-06-2015), tammyy2j (22-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I am very rapidly approaching the point when I will just be unable to watch EE any longer.
    I'm in the same boat. I didn't watch Thursday's episode and fast forwarded any scenes including Dean in Friday's. The problem is he's featuring so heavily at the moment that it gets irritating to keep forwarding constantly. Also, I caught him doing up his zip after a session with Roxy which was enough to make me feel queasy.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    does buster want to keep dean away from jade that's he took the dna results
    Yes I'd say Buster's worried about Dean being around Jade. It's heartening that at least one person is questioning his suitability to be a parent. However, it's really infuriating they're trying to twist it so Dean's mentally ill now. He wasn't ill when he raped Linda or when he harassed her for months beforehand. He knew exactly what he was doing. Is this how they're going to try to absolve him of guilt?

Stacey using Martin to forget Kush.

I enjoyed the mention of Arthur but I must admit that, as much as I like James Bye, I find it hard to think of him as Pauline and Arthur's Martin. I suppose that'll change with time.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 20-06-2015 at 14:08.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (20-06-2015), lizann (20-06-2015), maidmarian (20-06-2015), parkerman (20-06-2015)

its about a sick twisted rapist not being punished some crimes cannot be overlooked, eastenders always has had evil villains over the years the likes of nick, archie, den and trevor who i didn't mind watching as you knew their day for being punished was coming but dtc is trying to evoke sympathy for dean by introducing his kid with cf

i probably will not stop watching but i understand by why some viewers are tuning out

her daughter wakes having a nightmare and roxy chooses to leave her alone and chase a rapist, idiot
    Dean not being punished etc... is a sad fact of life. Having been in a very similar situation myself. Also having sat through many different therapy sessions, justice is a very rare thing with Rape cases and I believe that is realistic truth they are trying to portray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    Dean not being punished etc... is a sad fact of life. Having been in a very similar situation myself. Also having sat through many different therapy sessions, justice is a very rare thing with Rape cases and I believe that is realistic truth they are trying to portray.
    Sorry to hear about your dreadful experience. I've been affected by a similar rape to Linda's too (through someone close to me).

While I don't deny portraying Linda as not getting justice is showing reality, they could do it just as well by having Dean leave the square. We don't want to watch his life going on as normal. The writers could easily make it clear that it was without us having to witness his sleazy bunk-ups and constant whingeing about how unfair his life is. (I do understand that some rape victims have no choice but to live in close proximity to their attackers, but this is a TV show and there's a limit to what they should expect viewers to swallow.)

To add insult to injury Dean's been promoted to a major character and is currently central to several storyline threads - and evidently will be for some time to come.

Also, Matt di Angelo made clear in a recent interview that the writers have changed their minds about Dean getting comeuppance (at least any time soon). This has led to confusion and inconsistencies in the writing, and a vocal minority of viewers sympathising with HIS plight over Linda's.

Far more time's being spent on his state of mind than ever was on Linda's, making HIM him the focus of the rape storyline (and sometimes, it seems to many of us, the victim). It's very, very wrong.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 20-06-2015 at 23:20.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (20-06-2015), lizann (21-06-2015), maidmarian (21-06-2015), parkerman (21-06-2015)

sorry to hear that

linda and dean cant live both on the square he has to go, shirley, denise and buster disown him tell everyone he is a rapist he has to leave then

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2015), Jessie Wallace (21-06-2015), maidmarian (21-06-2015), tammyy2j (22-06-2015)

sorry to hear that

linda and dean cant live both on the square he has to go, shirley, denise and buster disown him tell everyone he is a rapist he has to leave then

sorry to hear that

Sadly people still have to live around or near the person that has raped them. I can see both sides, but still feel they are portraying the devastation at is reality however upsetting that is to watch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessie Wallace For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2015)

Dup
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 21-06-2015 at 16:14.

Sadly people still have to live around or near the person that has raped them. I can see both sides, but still feel they are portraying the devastation at is reality however upsetting that is to watch.
    I respect you speak from a place of experience on this subject.

My view is that if they felt they really had to go down the route of showing reality, they should at the very least be portraying Dean objectively. Having spent time perusing other forums, the more malleable viewers are starting to forget he's a rapist and aren't disgusted by his continued presence on the square. So if the intention is to provoke outrage at how unjust our system is for rape victims, it's not working.

Many feel the same as I do, but I've been dismayed to notice a subtle change in the tide of opinion the past couple of days, no doubt largely down to sympathy for Dean because Jade has cystic fibrosis.

Also, it's very contrived that they still live on top of each other though. Mick and Linda are in a position to sell up and move away. It's even been mentioned but some lame excuse was made. Given how badly the rape has affected the entire family, I think they would have done anything to get away from Dean in reality.

Neither Mick, Linda and the kids or Dean have lived in Albert Square for very long so keeping them all there feels unnatural.

I think this story's connection to reality is extremely tenuous and getting more so by the episode.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (21-06-2015), lizann (21-06-2015), maidmarian (21-06-2015), parkerman (21-06-2015), Perdita (21-06-2015), tammyy2j (22-06-2015)

how can shirley and dean get jade?

when will buster or shirley tell massod and shabham jade is sick with cf

Thread Information