Page 794 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 294694744784792793794795796804844894 ... LastLast
Results 7,931 to 7,940 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    He's been on leave a long time hasn't he?
    My understanding is that he hasn't been on leave but has been attending an army plumbing course by day (it's been mentioned very occasionally). Now he's rejoining his unit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (06-03-2015)

Zoe got a mention last night, is she the next returnee

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-03-2015), parkerman (06-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I think the man in the car was actually following Kat. It was a twist at the end and got the duff duffs (unless I completely got the wrong end of the stick!).
    I disagree - he was following Kim before at the tube station. I think Vincent would of given him a description or more realistically a photo of Kim and I don't think he could mistake her for Kat really.
    Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 06-03-2015 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Zoe got a mention last night, is she the next returnee
    It's usually a good indicator, tammy.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    I disagree - he was following Kim before at the tube station. I think Vincent would of given him a description or more realistically a photo of Kim and I don't think he could mistake her for Kat really.
    Although they do look very alike

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I enjoyed last night's episode (even gobby Kat was bearable) but I think they missed a trick or two.

I'd have liked to have seen Kat and Linda have had a real in-depth heart-to-heart about their rapes and subsequent pregnancies. As it was it was barely touched upon, which puzzles me.

Also, it would have been the perfect time for Shirley to apologise profusely to Linda for bullying and humiliating her about the rape. I still can't believe the Carters have allowed Shirley back into their lives without so much as a sorry!

Linda couldn't go through with an abortion much earlier in the pregnancy so she's not going to now (and I'm pretty sure EE wouldn't got there at this stage as it'd be too harrowing). She was traumatised and not thinking straight after the rape so she wasn't thinking logically about the baby.

Not all rape victims who get pregnant have abortions anyway. (Little Mo didn't if you remember.)
    Of course not, but my interpretation was that Linda couldn't go through with the abortion because Mick knew about it and didn't want her to have it. Had it taken place with Mick knowing about the rape, I think she would have gone through with it - especially if she'd had a test and knew categorically that the baby was Dean's.

I too was expecting more from the Kat and Linda scene. The spoilers suggested that Kat poured her heart out to Linda, but she actually told her off camera! It was quite odd that Shirley and Kim appeared to know, but Linda hadn't heard yet. It is common knowledge. Kim may have been told by Kat, but Shirley? "Who's Zoe?" also didn't fit; Linda knew of her existence as she was asking Sharon for the gossip on Kat/Zoe/Anthony back in the summer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-03-2015)

does roxy love charlie now?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-03-2015)

I am glad the aftermath of Linda's rape is being handled well and not skipped over or rushed, Danny and Kellie have great chemistry and play off each other so well, he was so sweet with her and liked their scenes in the park recreating their first date

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-03-2015), flappinfanny (07-03-2015), Jessie Wallace (07-03-2015), lizann (07-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    Although they do look very alike
    I thought it was obvious from the phone conversation the guy had in the car at the end of Thursday's episode that he'd been looking for Kat all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Of course not, but my interpretation was that Linda couldn't go through with the abortion because Mick knew about it and didn't want her to have it. Had it taken place with Mick knowing about the rape, I think she would have gone through with it - especially if she'd had a test and knew categorically that the baby was Dean's.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. As far as I can remember Mick said he'd support whatever decision Linda made about the pregnancy (after his initial shock) but was obviously unhappy about it. Linda then went to her appointment but couldn't go through with the abortion. How much influence Mick had on her change of heart I can't really remember though.

I do think there's a possibility she wouldn't have been able to go through with it anyway as she'd been desperate for a baby not that long before, but I guess we'll never know now.

I am glad the aftermath of Linda's rape is being handled well and not skipped over or rushed, Danny and Kellie have great chemistry and play off each other so well, he was so sweet with her and liked their scenes in the park recreating their first date
    That was a lovely scene and it's really good to see the couple tentatively trying to get past the rape (and it's excellent that EE are still dealing with the effect it's has on both of them). Did anyone else feel that Mick's line about tonguing Linda with cheesy breath was ad-libbed?

It's good to see the effects of Kat's abuse being dealt with too. If this storyline will help the character move on that can only be a good thing.

So we're going to have a love triangle storyline between Ronnie, Roxy and Charlie...
    Last edited by Dazzle; 07-03-2015 at 00:53.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (07-03-2015), Jessie Wallace (07-03-2015), lizann (07-03-2015), parkerman (07-03-2015)

I thought the Scenes with Mick and Linda in the park with the sweets was well done. Also it is nice to see a different side to Kim. I thought it was clever that the bloke in the car wanted Kat and not Kim as we were lead to believe.

Some nice bits of comedy also, Denise to Kim: "I'm going to buy Patrick some new pants. The glamour." Shirley answering the phone in blades in a posh voice and telling Lolo off for her efforts on a client. Shirley to Lolo: "Blonde like Kylie Minogue, not Nanny McPhee" - Shirley Carter at her finest. I like her in Blades. The duff duff was a little flat however.
    The People's Channel

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-03-2015), lizann (07-03-2015), tammyy2j (09-03-2015)

Thread Information