Page 746 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 246646696736744745746747748756796846 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,460 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

If I were Linda I couldn't stand to be in the same house as Stan knowing he believes her a liar. He'd have to go, dying or not I'm afraid. I think Tina's confused about what to believe because of Shirley's poison, but I think she'll believe Linda when she hears her side.

Shabnam's comments about running to lose weight and her alluding to having known a certain type of man were interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    dot really don't care phil is in jail and is innocent that isn't very christian of dot, very unlike her
    I didn't get the impression Dot doesn't care about Phil. Sharon's assured her she can get him out without the Cottons being involved. We don't know Dot's motivation yet but I'd be astonished if she was putting Nick first given what he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I am liking this take control Sharon proving she is a Mitchell
    Me too. I love strong and feisty Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    As far as the Phil storyline goes, I still can't get over the fact that he is suddenly broke. He has three businesses (well, did have till Ben signed one over to Max) and is always show to be rolling in money. How come he is suddenly broke?
    I think Ronnie took all of Phil's ready cash and the rest is tied up. We don't know for a fact that the money in the safe was Roxy's - that could be long gone. Didn't Shirley say something like "ask Phil about Roxy's money"? She didn't specify an amount or what has happened to it. It could be invested and tied up for all we know.

Phil's businesses probably bring in lots of cash but what I don't understand is that Ritchie's been his lawyer for years and knows all about his assets. Therefore, even though he didn't have the cash to hand, surely she'd know he's good for it sooner or later?
    Last edited by Dazzle; 20-01-2015 at 14:56.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (20-01-2015), tammyy2j (20-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

Phil's businesses probably bring in lots of cash but what I don't understand is that Ritchie's been his lawyer for years and knows all about his assets. Therefore, even though he didn't have the cash to hand, surely she'd know he's good for it sooner or later?
    Yes, that's what I was really getting at, Dazzle. I can't remember the exact words but at one point Ritchie asked Sharon if Phil had any assets. I thought to myself, well, yes, she knows better than anyone that he has The Arches, R&Rs and the Albert, why is she asking?

But, in any case, I still can't believe that Phil has no money left. I know someone as dodgy as Phil would try and get out of paying as much tax as possible, but he would have to make it look good, so surely he has at least one bank account with enough money in to look good. Also, I know that interest rates are no great shakes at the moment, but again, wouldn't Phil have money in some sort of savings, not just leave it as cash in his safe? None of it rings true to me that he has no money.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-01-2015), tammyy2j (20-01-2015)

But, in any case, I still can't believe that Phil has no money left. I know someone as dodgy as Phil would try and get out of paying as much tax as possible, but he would have to make it look good, so surely he has at least one bank account with enough money in to look good. Also, I know that interest rates are no great shakes at the moment, but again, wouldn't Phil have money in some sort of savings, not just leave it as cash in his safe? None of it rings true to me that he has no money.
    Another point is that I've always assumed that Phil's doing dodgy deals off-screen, but we've now been told that's not the case. It doesn't ring true to me that Phil's no longer involved in the criminal underworld and couldn't access funds that way.

It's all a bit contrived but I'm enjoying the storyline anyway.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 20-01-2015 at 16:29.

is dean and shirley paying phil back money for the hair salon?

richie must not have been paid in a while and this is why she don't want to work for phil or his minions anymore

is dean and shirley paying phil back money for the hair salon?

richie must not have been paid in a while and this is why she don't want to work for phil or his minions anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    That doesn't make sense to me given that Phil had a hundred thousand sitting in a safe, and he'd want to keep Ritchie (who's kept him out of prison on numerous occasions) onside surely?
    Last edited by Dazzle; 20-01-2015 at 19:22.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (20-01-2015), parkerman (20-01-2015)

Great acting by all tonight especially Kellie as Linda

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-01-2015), Jessie Wallace (21-01-2015), lizann (21-01-2015)

Linda's smile at the end of the episode was really heartwarming! You could see the weight had physically lifted from her shoulders.

It's a shame that Dean will almost certainly not be prosecuted but I think it was worth Linda reporting the rape anyway because at least he'll be interrogated by the police, which I imagine is an unpleasant experience. I think in real life such an ordeal might be enough to stop some rapists from repeating their crime.

Does Shirley really believe Dean? I don't think so, she just didn't want to lose him again.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (21-01-2015), lizann (21-01-2015), parkerman (21-01-2015), tammyy2j (21-01-2015)

I agree, Dazzle. I think Linda's sincerity hit home when Shirley asked her about what happened that night. She believed her all right. On the other hand she could see that Dean was lying, but, as you say, she doesn't want to lose him again. How far she can continue with this contradiction between what she knows to be true and what she would like to be true remains to be seen.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-01-2015), Glen1 (21-01-2015), lizann (21-01-2015), tammyy2j (21-01-2015)

I agree, Dazzle. I think Linda's sincerity hit home when Shirley asked her about what happened that night. She believed her all right. On the other hand she could see that Dean was lying, but, as you say, she doesn't want to lose him again. How far she can continue with this contradiction between what she knows to be true and what she would like to be true remains to be seen.
    I'm glad you're of the same opinion as I am that Dean was lying (as opposed to being deluded).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (21-01-2015)

Thread Information