Page 469 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569969 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Last edited by Dutchgirl; 12-10-2012 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I guess they have given up on her
    Abit like the viewers then! What a pointless character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    I guess he is her cousin?
    one removed or something?

his father and whitneys step grandmother are siblings....?

Maybe the producer thinks that Sharon was so popular years ago, viewers would love to see her back and bring ratings up again. They forget that the storyline has to be fitting too, bringing a once popular character back just for the sake of it is bound to fail

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-10-2012), parkerman (12-10-2012), tammyy2j (14-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i cant take much more of sharon and hate her friendship with tanya it looks so forced and odd compared to jane and tanya

christian deserves better than syed and does syed not look after his kid anyone it always looks like christian has her
    Syed is clearly bored with his little accessory

Sorry to put this post in guys when things have moved on since the Social Worker incident last Friday, I did complain to the BBC at the time and have just recieved the following reply,in full quote
    Our intention isn’t to portray social workers in a negative light. Whilst the audience has seen how much Lola loves Lexi and how responsible she can be with her baby, we were careful to ensure that when the social worker was visiting, she generally saw only more worrying behaviour. Lola was often abrasive when speaking to the social worker and casual – sometimes even flippant in her responses to the social worker’s suggestions. Given that Lola is a young mother, who has been, until this episode, wearing an electronic tag (for criminal damage to the car lot), with a history of getting into trouble with the police, and is known to have had a difficult childhood herself (indeed, three generations of the family have been through the care system), it was clearly important for social services to be involved with the family in order to ensure that Lola could cope with having a baby.

In the last few weeks the social worker witnessed a series of unfortunate incidents, including Lexi wearing a tea-towel as a make-shift nappy, reports of Lola not taking Lexi to the mother & baby group, a messy and unclean flat, and the discovery that Billy had lied to her about having a job. Under the circumstances, we believe the audience will have understood why she had to act to remove Lexi quickly when the allegation of assault is made against Lola by Alexa. There was no suggestion that the social worker’s actions were anything other than a genuine desire to protect Lexi, or that her concerns about Lola were unreasonable, given the picture she and the previous social worker had formed over a substantial period of time. There was certainly no inference that her actions were anything personal against Lola or her family.

I understand the strength of your comments and I'd like to assure you that I’ve registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Kevin Freeburn

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

As I said at the time brilliant news that Social Services Association complained, I won't keep banging on about it but the Beeb just don't get it continuing to defend the undefencible. No apology, if they wish to show these half-cocked storylines then say at the start the storyline isn't meant to represent factual reality imo. Rant over, back to my normal insanity.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

megan999 (12-10-2012), parkerman (12-10-2012), Perdita (12-10-2012), sarah c (12-10-2012), tammyy2j (14-10-2012)

Last edited by Glen1; 12-10-2012 at 14:57.

Thanks for doing that, Glen. The BBC's response is pathetic. Even if the social worker did see an untidy house and a tea-towel being used as a make-shift nappy that would be no reason for Social Services to remove Lexi. And as for Lola being abrasive and flippant with the social worker, I can't believe they would even advance that as reason for taking Lexi into care.

They also say, "Under the circumstances, we believe the audience will have understood why she had to act to remove Lexi quickly when the allegation of assault is made against Lola by Alexa." And when Abi backed up Lola and said what really happened why did social services keep Lexi? Do we understand that? Obviously the Social Services Association don't and they are the people who should know.

Eastenders' hold on reality is tenuous at the best of times, but this story really takes the biscuit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-10-2012)

Same again!
    Last edited by parkerman; 12-10-2012 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Thanks for doing that, Glen. The BBC's response is pathetic. Even if the social worker did see an untidy house and a tea-towel being used as a make-shift nappy that would be no reason for Social Services to remove Lexi. And as for Lola being abrasive and flippant with the social worker, I can't believe they would even advance that as reason for taking Lexi into care.

They also say, "Under the circumstances, we believe the audience will have understood why she had to act to remove Lexi quickly when the allegation of assault is made against Lola by Alexa." And when Abi backed up Lola and said what really happened why did social services keep Lexi? Do we understand that? Obviously the Social Services Association don't and they are the people who should know.

Eastenders' hold on reality is tenuous at the best of times, but this story really takes the biscuit.
    Most people complaining about the over-reaction of Social Services have overlooked the fact that Lola has an awful record and she is an irresponsible person.

Thread Information