Page 468 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568968 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

For the Guardian story see here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gree...re?INTCMP=SRCH

I particularly like some of the comments underneath especially this one: "As a retired social worker I have been appalled by the way the role of Lola's social worker has been presented in East Enders. Real life, trained social workers just don't behave like this woman. The script writers dont even appear to know the difference between the roles of the social worker and the health visitor - not the social worker's job to be checking for nappy rash! Social workers dont sit with a file open and taking notes while visiting clients. Social workers don't go taking babies into care without good reason (social work departments don't have the funds to keep children in care unless there is serious risk and it is absolutely necessary), and without having consulted the whole team involved - health visitors, GP, senior child protection workers, police and probation. And what was the legal basis for removing the baby? This social worker appears to be completely negative and critical rather than supportive and encouraging - if I were her line manager she would probably be sacked - or at least sent away for some child protection training!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-10-2012), megan999 (10-10-2012), Perdita (09-10-2012)

Last edited by parkerman; 09-10-2012 at 18:52. Reason: you know why

Derek was right tonight Sharon needs to but out god she is annoying me this time around and especially when she calls Denny

Abi looked like a younger Cora in her outfit

Tanya seems to be turning into a right snob

Looks like Alice has a crush on Ray now seems any male attention or help she gets she is hooked

Whitney back full of slap and kisses Joey, why was she at Abi's party exactly anyway?

Double posts are evil
    Last edited by lizann; 09-10-2012 at 20:27.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (10-10-2012), tammyy2j (14-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    For the Guardian story see here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/oct/09/eastenders-social-care?INTCMP=SRCH

I particularly like some of the comments underneath especially this one: \"As a retired social worker I have been appalled by the way the role of Lola's social worker has been presented in East Enders. Real life, trained social workers just don't behave like this woman. The script writers dont even appear to know the difference between the roles of the social worker and the health visitor - not the social worker's job to be checking for nappy rash! Social workers dont sit with a file open and taking notes while visiting clients. Social workers don't go taking babies into care without good reason (social work departments don't have the funds to keep children in care unless there is serious risk and it is absolutely necessary), and without having consulted the whole team involved - health visitors, GP, senior child protection workers, police and probation. And what was the legal basis for removing the baby? This social worker appears to be completely negative and critical rather than supportive and encouraging - if I were her line manager she would probably be sacked - or at least sent away for some child protection training!
    Poor old EastEnders. They pretend to be real and just totally mess up

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-10-2012), parkerman (10-10-2012)

So Lauren is back boozing and her family dont mind anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    So Lauren is back boozing and her family dont mind anymore?
    I guess they have given up on her

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Brucie (12-10-2012)

i cant take much more of sharon and hate her friendship with tanya it looks so forced and odd compared to jane and tanya

christian deserves better than syed and does syed not look after his kid anyone it always looks like christian has her

i cant take much more of sharon and hate her friendship with tanya it looks so forced and odd compared to jane and tanya

christian deserves better than syed and does syed not look after his kid anyone it always looks like christian has her

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Derek was right tonight Sharon needs to but out god she is annoying me this time around and especially when she calls Denny

Abi looked like a younger Cora in her outfit

Tanya seems to be turning into a right snob

Looks like Alice has a crush on Ray now seems any male attention or help she gets she is hooked

Whitney back full of slap and kisses Joey, why was she at Abi's party exactly anyway?
    I guess he is her cousin?

Thread Information