Thread: New love interest for Sean

New love interest for Sean

CORRIE’S gay knicker-stitcher Sean Tully is about to land a new boyfriend — thanks to his man boobs.

The undies factory worker, played by Antony Cotton, tells his pals about how concerned he is over his fuller figure.

So housemate Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) takes a reluctant Sean to the gym.

Once there, he gives a hunky stranger called Leon the eye.

A source told TV Biz: “Sean doesn’t like going to the gym — but changes his mind as soon as he meets Leon. Soon he’s obsessed with pumping iron.”

From The Sun

Crap Sean has passed his sell by date time to ditch him before plots for him get even more stupid. Sorry but he's just like Garry and Minty of EE the writers don't know what to do with him and Kirk. Everyone who they were close to have progressed and grown up these two haven't. They're not funny or entertaining anymore they need to be given the big heave-oh.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Could it be Leon Jackson?! Maybe hes turned to acting now his singing career has flopped
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    Could it be Leon Jackson?! Maybe hes turned to acting now his singing career has flopped
    I don't give a flying fook who it is just get the goon of my tv he's doing my head in.

Coronation Street's gay knicker-stitcher Sean Tully will fall for a gay bodybuilder in an upcoming storyline.

At the beginning of July, Sean - played by 33-year-old Antony Cotton - embarks on a new fitness regime with friend and housemate Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) and regularly begins to attend a local gym.

While there, Sean falls head over heels for clean-living and religious gay gym-goer Leon, played by Andrew Langtree (pictured).

Despite his best efforts, Sean quickly realises that Leon actually fancies Jason and so in an attempt to win him around, Sean begins to tell a series of comedic lies in the hope of forging a closer friendship.

The camp barman first makes out that Jason is gay, before 'revealing' that Jason's mum Eileen (Sue Cleaver) is a Jehovah's Witness.

However, when Leon makes a surprise visit to The Rovers, he's taken aback to see Jason kissing Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) and Eileen discussing gambling.

Langtree, who is also a professional singer, was handpicked by Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney to sing during his late wife Linda's memorial service, while former Prime Minister Tony Blair's wife Cherie also asked him to perform in front of the Queen at Buckingham Palace.

A Coronation Street source told The People: "Andrew's taken a bit of friendly ribbing from his mates after singing in front of the Queen - because his new character is one. But he's fitted in really well and the storylines are set to be a lot of fun."

Langtree, who has previously appeared in Cutting It, Heartbeat, Holby City and Doctors, makes his first appearance in Weatherfield on July 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Perdita; 31-05-2009 at 19:21.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-05-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street's gay knicker-stitcher Sean Tully will fall for a gay bodybuilder in an upcoming storyline.

At the beginning of July, Sean - played by 33-year-old Antony Cotton - embarks on a new fitness regime with friend and housemate Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) and regularly begins to attend a local gym.

While there, Sean falls head over heels for clean-living and religious gay gym-goer Leon, played by Andrew Langtree (pictured).

Despite his best efforts, Sean quickly realises that Leon actually fancies Jason and so in an attempt to win him around, Sean begins to tell a series of comedic lies in the hope of forging a closer friendship.

The camp barman first makes out that Jason is gay, before 'revealing' that Jason's mum Eileen (Sue Cleaver) is a Jehovah's Witness.

However, when Leon makes a surprise visit to The Rovers, he's taken aback to see Jason kissing Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) and Eileen discussing gambling.

Langtree, who is also a professional singer, was handpicked by Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney to sing during his late wife Linda's memorial service, while former Prime Minister Tony Blair's wife Cherie also asked him to perform in front of the Queen at Buckingham Palace.

A Coronation Street source told The People: "Andrew's taken a bit of friendly ribbing from his mates after singing in front of the Queen - because his new character is one. But he's fitted in really well and the storylines are set to be a lot of fun."

Langtree, who has previously appeared in Cutting It, Heartbeat, Holby City and Doctors, makes his first appearance in Weatherfield on July 3.
    Should be funny

Yeah as funny as having your appendix removed without anesthetic. Can't they just get rid of Sean he's a pain in the backside.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (01-06-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Can't they just get rid of Sean he's a pain in the backside.
    Bet thats what the other bloke will be saying
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Corrie star Antony Cotton has revealed that his character Sean Tully may be getting a new love interest.

The actor hinted that romance is on the way for Sean as he made an appearance on ITV's Lorraine today (March 12).

When show host Lorraine Kelly suggested that Sean needs to find a new man, Cotton replied: "Well, funny you should say that. In our world, things change at the drop of a sixpence. You think one thing's going to happen, the writers think of something else and it goes in a different direction.

"But there is a chance that something may be happening along those lines in the future. It will be somebody completely… actually, I can't say any more otherwise I'll just talk!"

He continued: "It might change, it might not happen in the way we might think it happens at the moment. But I'm very excited, and this July marks the beginning of my tenth year in Corrie."

Cotton also spoke about next week's Rovers Return fire storyline, confirming that there will be two deaths in the disaster.

He said: "There is somebody that nobody really knows about. I think they've all been concentrating on the fact that Sunita may indeed not make it.

"But there is somebody else that doesn't make it. Somebody else carks it. It's a good thing that somebody is going to cark it and nobody really knows about it. So there's two people possibly, and then others injured and things happen. Sean's fine - phew!"

Coronation Street continues tomorrow (March 13) at 7.30pm on ITV.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-03-2013)

Cotton also spoke about next week's Rovers Return fire storyline, confirming that there will be two deaths in the disaster.

He said: "There is somebody that nobody really knows about. I think they've all been concentrating on the fact that Sunita may indeed not make it.

"But there is somebody else that doesn't make it. Somebody else carks it. It's a good thing that somebody is going to cark it and nobody really knows about it. So there's two people possibly, and then others injured and things happen. Sean's fine - phew!"
    It is Paul

Thread Information