Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2011

Eurovision Song Contest 2011

CORRIE star Margi Clarke is making a bid for Eurovision glory with a high-energy dance track.

Margi, 56, who has played fiery Jackie Dobbs on and off for 12 years, has lent her vocals to a Bjork-style record.

In the Nineties, Margi released a version of Edith Piaf's No Regrets with fellow Scousers Half Man Half Biscuit.

She may have some tough competition this time around, though.

Big Brother transsexual Nadia Almada is launching her own bid to represent the UK at the Eurovision Song Contest in Germany next year.

The Portuguese-born champ is the centre of an internet campaign to get her song released.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0wUOocE5L

No way we're the laughing stock of Europe as it is when it comes to Eurovision. If these two are the best we can come up with we won't even get into the qualifying rounds.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    No way we're the laughing stock of Europe as it is when it comes to Eurovision. If these two are the best we can come up with we won't even get into the qualifying rounds.
    No, you are second to Ireland as laughing stock.. we entered a bloody Turkey one year
    Super Mod

I heard on the radio that Bono from U2 is backing it? Anyone know anything about this? Does Margi Clarke know him or something?

Actually, I think the tracks really good!

Here's a link to the video :

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    No, you are second to Ireland as laughing stock.. we entered a bloody Turkey one year
    I loved that year

Bono is having a laugh. He is a sick man

Dustin was brilliant!

Irelland have had it, even when they were taking it seriously last year they still came near the bottom!

They need to bring back Johnny Logan.

Blue to represent UK at Eurovision

Blue have been revealed as the act representing the UK at this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Dusseldorf.

The reunited boyband were confirmed to have been chosen by the BBC in a statement made on the corporation's official Eurovision Twitter page. They will perform a new self-penned song entitled 'I Can', with the track's promotion and recording also being filmed as part of a BBC documentary to be screened in April.

BBC Head of Entertainment and Events Katie Taylor commented: "We're enormously pleased to have found an act that not only meets but exceeds all the criteria for a great entry. Blue are the perfect choice and we're so proud to have them representing us at this year's Eurovision Song Contest."

Band member Duncan James also revealed his excitement on Twitter, saying: "Yes the rumour r true!! We r representing the uk in this yrs EUROVISION! We r really excited and cant wait till u hear the song!! ITS BIG!!! (sic)."

The group have previous links to the contest, as Antony Costa came second in the 2006 edition of Eurovision song selection show Making Your Mind Up with 'It's a Beautiful Thing'. Duncan James was also part of the judging panel on the show's successor Eurovision: Your Country Needs You in 2009.

Blue originally formed in 2001 and had a string of top ten hits in the UK, including 'All Rise', 'One Love' and 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word', a duet with Elton John, before splitting in 2005.

The final of the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest will take place on May 14.

Thread Information