Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours General News Thread

Neighbours actress Kym Valentine has started dating former co-star Jonathon Dutton, according to a report.

The 32-year-old, best known for her role as Libby Kennedy on the soap, went public with the new romance at a David Gray concert in South Melbourne this week, the Herald Sun claims.

Dutton, 28, played Tad Reeves on Neighbours between 1998 and 2002. He has since appeared in a number of other Australian dramas, including The Secret Life Of Us, All Saints and Blue Heelers.

Speaking of her new relationship, Valentine is quoted as saying: "It is all early days."

The soap star parted from husband Fabio Tolli in 2007. She went on to have a short romance with actor Vince Colosimo last year.

Erin McNaught had to undergo emergency surgery yesterday after severing her finger in a motorbike accident.

The model and Neighbours star, who played Sienna Cammeniti in the Australian soap, fell on a dirt bike that she was riding and got her hand trapped in its spinning wheel.

McNaught's spokesperson told The Daily Telegraph: "An electronic dirt bike fell on her. She is having a major operation to reattach the finger, reconnect nerves and blood vessels in the finger that were severed in the accident."

The representative added that the Aussie star is "traumatised" by the incident.

Neighbours star Margot Robbie has revealed that she wants to see screen mother Tottie Goldsmith back in Erinsborough.

The actress's character Donna Freedman was devastated last year when scheming mum Cassandra descended on Ramsay Street for a short-lived stint. Cass's time with her daughter only served to worsen their relationship and she ended up leaving the street in disgrace.

However, Robbie told TV Soap that they got on much better in real life, explaining: "I would love Tottie to come back. We just had a ball when she was on set. It was just the most fun.

"We would giggle, and once we started we just couldn't stop. It was ridiculous. So any excuse to get Cass back on the show, I would fully get behind that."

Robbie also commented on Donna's turbulent romance with Ringo Brown (Sam Clark), which recently ended after she grew close to new arrival Andrew Robinson (Jordan Smith).

Speaking of the pair's future, she explained: "I think at the moment it's quite in the balance. It's right up to the network at the moment as to whether they'll get back together or not."

I'd hate to see Cass come back, she was awful.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kayuqtuq For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-04-2010), lizann (21-05-2010)

Neighbours star Sam Clark has admitted that he does not know whether he has a long-term future with the soap.

The 22-year-old confirmed that he is planning to spend "five or six months" promoting his music career in the UK later this year, leaving a question mark hanging over his Ramsay Street character Ringo Brown.

Clark told Holy Soap: "At the moment I'm taking a break so I don't know whether the producers will have me back or how Ringo's leaving at this stage or what's happening there."

Speaking of his British plans, he explained: "I've never been to the UK so it's going to be really exciting for me. Hopefully I'll get to travel all around and meet a lot of people. I'm planning on going to a bunch of schools.

"I've got people asking me to come to the UK with my music all the time so to get that opportunity and to get to play to a new audience is very exciting."

Clark returned to Neighbours filming in January following a previous three-month break to promote his music.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-04-2010)

Neighbours newcomer Jordy Lucas has revealed that she is keen to sing in a future episode of the show.

The actress, who plays Ramsay Street's Summer Hoyland, told Inside Soap that she dreams of getting the chance to show off her vocal abilities.

Lucas explained: "I really want to see Summer performing. I sing myself so I'd be very happy if I read in the script that she had to be in a musical or sing a song at some point. That'd be awesome, in fact!"

The star also reaffirmed her desire to see the rest of the Hoylands back in Erinsborough, especially Summer's brother Boyd (Kyal Marsh).

She said: "I was a huge fan of Kyal Marsh when he was in the show, so it would be nice to get to work with him."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-04-2010)

Neighbours star James Sorensen has insisted that he is not feeling anxious about his new army career.

The actor recently bowed out from his role as Declan Napier in order to pursue a long-held ambition of becoming a soldier.

Asked by TV Week whether he feels nervous as he gets ready for life in the army, Sorensen replied: "No, not at all. I've been preparing with my trainer, Jay Shepherd, for the past three years - two years specifically for this. There's been blood, sweat and tears."

He continued: "I do anything from weights, to running up and down stairs, to skydiving. I don't think I could get any fitter. But I'm sure the army will change that!"

Sorensen also revealed how his Neighbours colleagues feel about his plans.

The 23-year-old said: "They've become like family, so they were always going to be worried about me. But they know it's something I've always wanted to do, so they're happy for me."

Declan is not being written out of Neighbours as Erin Mullally has been recruited to take over the part.

vvv
    Last edited by alan45; 21-05-2010 at 12:30.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-04-2010)

Neighbours newcomer Erin Mullally has admitted that he is trying to improve his physique after replacing James Sorensen on the soap.

The 18-year-old has taken over the role of Ramsay Street's Declan Napier following Sorensen's decision to quit the part.

In a joint video interview with Sorensen published on the official Neighbours site, Mullally confessed that he feels under pressure to appear muscular like his predecessor.

The new recruit revealed: "To prepare for the role of Declan, I've been basically trying to watch and get a feel for where James has taken Declan so far.

"And I guess also trying to get as big as him! I look scrawny sitting next to James so I've been doing push-ups, sit-ups and working out as much as I can."

Meanwhile, Sorensen tipped his successor to be a hit with fans, explaining: "It's for the better - it's either no Declan or another Declan and Erin's fantastic."

Sorensen bowed out from Neighbours in favour of a new career in the army.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-05-2010)

Kylie Minogue has admitted that it could be "hilarious" to make a one-off return to Neighbours in the future.

The star played car mechanic Charlene Robinson on the Ramsay Street soap for two years before bowing out to focus on music in 1988. Although the character is occasionally mentioned, she has not been seen on screen since then.

Speaking to The Sun about a possible comeback, Minogue revealed: "The other day I thought how much fun it would be to do it after years of saying never. I've decided how it would work.

"Charlene would screech up the drive in her souped-up Mini which she's been working on all the time. I don't watch the show any more but it could be fun to do that. It could be hilarious."

The 41-year-old has previously spoken of how she would "love" to try more acting projects in the future.

Minogue is currently promoting the forthcoming release of her new album Aphrodite.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-05-2010)

Thread Information