Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer (Mick Carter)

EastEnders has created a powerful storyline that will see Mick Carter considering suicide in its New Year's Eve episode.

This gripping development will come months after Mick (Danny Dyer) realised he'd been sexually abused by his carer Katy Lewis (Simone Lahbib) when he was a child.

Katy has been manipulating Mick ever since she arrived in Walford, twisting his memories to insist that she was only ever a caring mentor in his youth.

Mick has become increasingly withdrawn from his family ever since he had this revelation about his past, lashing out at Tina and Shirley. He's also hidden his heartbreak over Linda having an affair with Max Branning.

All of Mick's trauma will compound on New Year's Eve, as he considers taking his own life when he feels he has no-one left to turn to.

EastEnders boss Jon Sen and his team are working with Samaritans to create a story that will try to show viewers that suicide is not inevitable.

"This storyline is such a vital one for EastEnders to portray," the producer said. "We've worked closely with the NSPCC and Survivors UK since the inception of this story and as viewers have watched Mick struggle to come to terms with the truth of what happened to him as a child, we were determined to show the brutal reality and effects that abuse can cause.

"Working with the Samaritans has been invaluable to ensure that Mick's story is true to life and they've been a huge support, offering guidance throughout the process. Danny gives an incredible performance and we hope his portrayal of Mick's trauma will help dispel the stigma that survivors are often burdened with."

Soap bosses have previously worked with Samaritans to address the subject of mental health and suicide with Mick's son Lee, Sean Slater and Bex Fowler.

"Suicide is not inevitable and just having someone there to listen, without judgement, can help save a life," Samaritan's Lorna Fraser said. "We have been pleased to work with EastEnders giving expert advice on Mick Carter's story, as it's a chance to explore some of the issues surrounding suicide in a sensitive and considered way.

"Responsible storylines can help start important conversations and encourage people to reach out for help. We would encourage any viewers who have been touched by this storyline to contact Samaritans. You don't have to have reached crisis point to get in touch, sometimes it's just a case of needing to talk concerns or worries through. Whatever it may be, our amazing volunteers are always here to listen, day and night."

The Carters were central to EastEnders' New Year's Eve episode in 2019 as well, as the writers penned a full half-hour exploration of Linda's alcoholism.

Digital Spy

does mick have any friends anymore, no jack callum or stuart checking in

Thumbs down Micky no mates

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    does mick have any friends anymore, no jack callum or stuart checking in
    Mitch was his footie mate, wheres he?
    Looks like his so called friends, kept in with him when he was landlord!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    Mitch was his footie mate, wheres he?
    Looks like his so called friends, kept in with him when he was landlord!!!!
    max is checking in on linda ian was supposedly a mate

mitch is grieving still

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    max is checking in on linda ian was supposedly a mate

mitch is grieving still
    They could lean on each other? I never deserted my friend when I was grieving, I felt it was good to take my mind away just for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    They could lean on each other? I never deserted my friend when I was grieving, I felt it was good to take my mind away just for a little bit.
    since mick has left the pub no one talks to him outside

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (21-12-2020)

young mick cast for flash back episode

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mysangry (30-12-2020)

dani dyer cameo as taxi driver in a scene with daddy danny

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-01-2022), lizann (13-06-2022), Ruffed_lemur (08-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    Thank god, we won't need subtitles for the show then because his overuse of cockney is really painful.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-01-2022), lizann (13-06-2022), parkerman (09-01-2022)

Thread Information