Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Dingle Tate Sharma (Emma Atkins)

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl View Post
    I wonder if Charity will learn of Sam's debts and give him money to ease her guilt?
    Or be so guiltridden she tells him about Rachel and the fire...?

I wonder if Charity will learn of Sam's debts and give him money to ease her guilt?
    Or be so guiltridden she tells him about Rachel and the fire...?

Quote Originally Posted by localoca View Post
    Exactly! Remember the sock-DNA...
    the problem here with the sock is that in theory it will have contained DNA

the sock would have had skin cells in it from being pulled on and off

however, how can James be 100% sure that Adam was the last and the only one to wear the sock? without that sample providence the test is flawed and rubbish

has she visited lisa yet?

has she visited lisa yet?

Emmerdale marks its 42nd birthday and 7,000th episode with another explosive storyline next week as scheming Charity Macey is attacked and held captive in a shipping container.

The shock incident unfolds after Charity decides to flee from the village for a while, feeling like an outcast after her lies are finally exposed.

With everyone assuming that Charity is lying low away from the village, nobody has any idea of the terrible danger that she is in. To make matters worse, Charity's captor later has a shocking accident of their own and is no longer able to provide her with basic supplies. Could this be the end of Charity?

Here, Emma Atkins - who plays Charity - reveals all the gossip on another unmissable week for her character.

Does Charity really believe that Declan is dead?
    "Charity assumes that she's killed Declan, but it starts to become apparent following a few visits from Megan that he's possibly not dead at all. When the news came through that a body had been found, Charity secretly hoped that it would be Declan's. The fact that it was Robbie's was another blow for Charity because Declan could still be alive.

"It's quite terrifying for Charity to still be there at Home Farm now. If Declan is still at large, he's going to want to finish the job - so an element of paranoia starts to seep into Charity's world. It's just beginning to dawn on her that she's not as safe as she had hoped."

Charity's lies are exposed this week, including how she manipulated Rachel into leaving with baby Archie. How does everybody respond to that?
    "People now realise how disloyal and fraudulent Charity has been with the insurance scam and the Home Farm fire. As soon as they find out, they confront her and there's the most almighty row up at Home Farm between Charity and the Dingles. It's Charity versus her own family and Jai.

"They're all so angry that Charity has cheated them of the truth for so long. She is completely and utterly ostracised by her family - more than she ever has been before. They all pretty much wash their hands of Charity and tell her that she's on her own now. That's a horrible state of affairs for Charity."

Does it affect the wider village too?
    "Yes, the whole village practically disowns Charity because she has done so many awful things, so I think the audience will be pleased that she is going to get her comeuppance and finally she will be brought to justice for what she's done.

"I'm also pleased with that as an actress, because when you're representing that sort of character, there's always got to be a judgement day. It's great that will play out now."

The shock arrival of a DVD also causes big problems, doesn't it?
    "Yes, suddenly this DVD presents itself. The first Charity knows of it is at Home Farm when her solicitor comes in and says, 'I think you need to watch this!' Charity sits down, prepares herself, watches it and sees Declan sat there on the screen. Declan admits that he is responsible for a lot of bad things, but the woman behind it all was the worst perpetrator of all - his wife Charity Macey!

"Charity is gobsmacked. It's quite funny and I think the audience will love it. As the DVD has been sent to the police and the insurers, Charity says, 'What can you do to get me off? As far as I'm concerned, it was a lot more 50/50 than he's letting on!'

"But then the solicitor points out that Charity has just admitted her guilt and he can't possibly represent her now. Charity is absolutely furious because she's let the cat out of the bag without meaning to."

What does Charity do next?
    "It's looking likely that Charity will be destitute, so she decides to cut her losses and leave the village for a while. Charity's main concern is Noah, so she goes to see the Dingles in the pub. She says that she's going to go away, but she's scared of taking Noah with her because of the possible danger. Debbie says that she's still ostracising Charity, but she will never turn her back on Noah and agrees to look after him.

"Charity then takes some money from the safe at Home Farm. Megan and Jai turn up as they want the truth about where Archie is, but obviously Charity doesn't have a clue. This is the bad thing - it pulls out so many skeletons from Charity's closet but she genuinely doesn't have the answers to help anyone out. It's not like she can turn around and reveal where Archie is. She's created world war three really!"

What can you tell us about the attack on Charity?
    "After leaving the village, Charity is driving along a dirt track and there's a car further down the road facing the opposite way with all of the doors open and the lights on. Charity wonders what this inconvenience is, so she gets out of the car. As she goes nearer to investigate, she is greeted by a huge knock on the back of the head. Later she wakes up in a shipping container."

What were those scenes like to film?
    "It was incredible and a real challenge. We filmed it over two or three days and it was hard work, actually. It was more mentally challenging than it was physical, because it's so dark and Charity has no idea where she is at first. She's chained at one ankle so she can move around slightly.

"Whoever's left Charity in there has left just a bucket for her to relieve herself. There's also a bottle of water as whoever has got her there turns up and throws it at her! Charity realises that whoever has got her there is not messing around - it's serious."

Does Charity think it's Declan?
    "Yes, Charity is terrified that it's Declan. What she went through at the cottage has made her realise that Declan is absolutely dead set on finishing her off. Charity thinks that it's game over - it's the end of the road and she's going to die. It's terrifying for her. She's screaming out to Declan as she hears noises and assumes it's him but there's no answer. She's being completely terrorised."

Did you put yourself in that frame of mind?
    "Yeah, I tried to as much as I could. You want to take yourself to the most truthful situation you can, to be able to act with a sense of authenticity. Obviously I knew that I wasn't really locked in a shipping container, so you've just got to let your imagination take over.

"In between takes, the first assistant director would offer to unchain me so that I could go for a walk, but I decided that it would be more fitting if I stayed where I was. The more uncomfortable I felt, the more I felt like I was really in that situation."

To make matters worse, Charity's captor later has a shock accident of their own and nobody else knows where she is…
    "Yes, but Charity doesn't know that! She thinks that she's been left for dead and her time's up. The little bottle of water that was thrown in is only going to last for a short time. There's no more thrown in, so Charity starts to lose a sense of normality. She starts to go a little bit off the wall."

Do you think the audience will be sympathetic towards Charity?
    "It all depends, because I'm sure you've got people who dislike the character immensely. They'll think that it's about time and hope she dies. But I think there'll be a lot of people who possibly have watched the whole journey Charity has gone on, have seen that she makes mistakes and hope that she'll learn her lesson.

"Then you'll have your ardent Charity fans who love her and think that it's all so unfair! I think there'll be a real mixture and that's great - you can't have everyone loving your character and you can't have everyone hating your character. People do keep coming up to me and saying, 'Oh, when is Charity going to get her comeuppance?' It's good that people are saying that and this is definitely it."

How does this storyline compare to the cottage week?
    "In terms of filming, they were both extremely challenging in their own right, however, I think the journey Charity has been on in the cottage and everything afterwards only heightens and intensifies what goes on in the shipping container. We can't forget that Declan dug a grave and dragged Charity to it, so she knows how far he's willing to go to get rid of her. It's just so terrifying!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (07-10-2014), TaintedLove (07-10-2014)

A new Emmerdale trailer has been released, showing Charity Macey (Emma Atkins) having another very bad week.

The video shows the aftermath of Declan Macey (Jason Merrells) gathering Charity's family together at gunpoint and exposing all of her secrets, which leads to someone taking revenge against her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qO6O6l5ZiU

The dramatic storyline has seen Charity's recent bad decisions exposed to all of her family and friends, who have turned against her. Recent secrets - the Home Farm fire, the insurance scam and Rachel Breckle's departure with baby Archie - have shocked everyone.

Now that all of her secrets have been revealed, Charity decides to leave the village to get away from all those she has lied to, but before she can leave, she's attacked and held captive in a shipping container.

With everyone in the village believing she has left, nobody is looking for her.

Emmerdale airs weeknights at 7pm on ITV, with an extra episode at 8pm on Thursdays.
    Last edited by Perdita; 11-10-2014 at 07:29.

So who do you think is responsible for Charity waking up in the container?

Sam? Jai? Declan? Megan? Debbie? Chas?

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Not Declan, if he'd wanted to physically harm her he'd have done it instead of drugging her??!

Jai no, too clumsy?

Sam too thought out?

Haulage container....? Is there a clue there? Who'd have access to one?

Thread Information