Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Dingle Tate Sharma (Emma Atkins)

Quote Originally Posted by Rach33 View Post
    DNA tests proved Noah was Chris Tate's son if my memory served me correctly cos Zoe tried to get custody
    Yes, I remember that too

Bad girl Charity Tate is making an explosive comeback.

Charity (Emma Atkins, 33) left the Dales back in 2005.

She fled with son Noah after getting revenge on Sadie King (Patsy Kensit, 41) by having an affair with her husband Jim (Nick Miles, 47).

But she will return in a blaze of glory, much to the shock of estranged daughter Debbie (Charley Webb, 21) and ex lover Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley, 38).

Emma, left, said: “I couldn’t resist the opportunity to return.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Noah's dad Chris Tate?
    Sorry I think Marlon is Noah real dad as Charity slept with Marlon at some family wedding Paddy and Emily's maybe.

I'm the only one who doesn't share everyone's enthusiams for Charity returning, yeah she was alright when the Dingles were running rings round the kings, but to me it's another actress/actor begging for the job back that she thought was too good for.
    No you're not.
    It's not so long ago that she said she wouldn't go back to Emmerdale because it was too easy and didn't challenge her enough. I suppose the dwindling bank balance from lack of work turned out to be a bigger challenge.
    What's more she brings a kid, and there's too many of them in Emmerdale already.
    I'm also not looking forward to the return of the spotty neanderthal thug, Cain. There's already one of those in the shape of Andy Sugden. Only difference is I have seen Andy smile once or twice.

When is she back on screen?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    When is she back on screen?
    It says Late 09 in the Inside Soap

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angel_eyes87 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (06-05-2009)

EMMERDALE star Emma Atkins admits she is only making a comeback as superbitch Charity Tate because she FLOPPED after leaving the soap.
    The actress, 34, said she struggled to find roles after quitting the ITV1 series four years ago.

Work was so scarce she was reduced to living on poached eggs and spending her days watching telly.

But she will start filming again this summer after bosses wrote her scheming ex-prostitute character back into the Dales drama.

In her first chat since signing her new contract, Emma said: “I did a bit of theatre and that but honestly I also sat at home eating poached eggs on toast, watching TV and getting stuck into the net.

“I defy any actress to admit that it’s hard when you’re ‘resting’ — I did bits and bobs but it was not like working on a soap. It made me realise how lucky we are in a soap to have regular work and a routine.”

Emma bagged small guest roles in Heartbeat, Casualty, and Dalziel and Pascoe but failed to land the big break of her dreams in the US.

She added: “I quit the show as I felt at the time I wanted to try other things. Charity was my first big job out of drama school and you want to see if you can play someone else.

“But I missed her all the time. She was my creation, love her or loathe her.

Charity was last seen roaring out of the village with a stash of an ex-lover’s cash and baby son Noah. Emma said: “She might have a few secrets — people will be surprised.”

LOL atleast shes been honest I suppose.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

She is not the one who gladly returns to a soap because other offers are not coming along. At least she is a character liked by most people, I hope that her storylines with Cain will improve his return to Emmerdale, so far I find him too predictable and boring, just a thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    EMMERDALE star Emma Atkins admits she is only making a comeback as superbitch Charity Tate because she FLOPPED after leaving the soap.
    The actress, 34, said she struggled to find roles after quitting the ITV1 series four years ago.

Work was so scarce she was reduced to living on poached eggs and spending her days watching telly.

But she will start filming again this summer after bosses wrote her scheming ex-prostitute character back into the Dales drama.

In her first chat since signing her new contract, Emma said: “I did a bit of theatre and that but honestly I also sat at home eating poached eggs on toast, watching TV and getting stuck into the net.

“I defy any actress to admit that it’s hard when you’re ‘resting’ — I did bits and bobs but it was not like working on a soap. It made me realise how lucky we are in a soap to have regular work and a routine.”

Emma bagged small guest roles in Heartbeat, Casualty, and Dalziel and Pascoe but failed to land the big break of her dreams in the US.

She added: “I quit the show as I felt at the time I wanted to try other things. Charity was my first big job out of drama school and you want to see if you can play someone else.

“But I missed her all the time. She was my creation, love her or loathe her.

Charity was last seen roaring out of the village with a stash of an ex-lover’s cash and baby son Noah. Emma said: “She might have a few secrets — people will be surprised.”
    At least she is honest unlike lots of others who have left the soaps to pursue a career in Holywood or release and album. She left with a believeable storyline so it will be no problem explaining her return,
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (27-06-2009)

I cant wait until she comes back

Thread Information