Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ronaldo to get £200,000 a week

ronaldo to get £200,000 a week

MANCHESTER UNITED are to offer Cristiano Ronaldo an incredible new recession-busting deal which will make him the Premier League’s first £200,000-A-WEEK player.

United hope the record £10.4million- a-year contract will stop the Portuguese winger from joining Real Madrid.
    Ronaldo still three years left on his existing £120,000-a-week deal but a FIFA ruling means he can buy himself out of his contract at the end of next season.
    So as United began preparing for this afternoon’s Carling Cup Final against Spurs at Wembley, Old Trafford chiefs started plans to offer him a basic weekly wage of £160,000 — plus an extra £40,000 for image rights and commercial activities to keep him out of the Spanish champions’ clutches.

Spanish sources claim Ronaldo has a verbal agreement to move to Real this summer. But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insisted: “There is no question of Ronaldo leaving.”
    Ambitions

And a Portuguese source close to the player added: “Cristiano wants to clear his head of the Real Madrid move once and for all. When he agreed to stay at United last summer he thought it would be just for one more year.

“But now he seems to be setting his mind on the long term because he realises he can fulfil all his ambitions at Old Trafford.”

ANTONIO VALENCIA - wanted

The new offer will add another two years to his existing agreement which expires in 2012. And that will tie the reigning World Player of the Year to the Premier League and European champions until 2014.

It will also dwarf team-mate Wayne Rooney’s £115,000-a-week wages, England skipper John Terry’s £135,000 at Chelsea, Robinho’s £160,000 at Manchester City and Steven Gerrard’s £120,000 at Liverpool.

Away from Ronaldo, Manchester United and Real Madrid are locked in a bidding war for Wigan winger Antonio Valencia. And that could push the price for the Ecuador international, 23, past the £20million mark.

Madrid made a £17m bid during the January transfer window but that was rejected by Steve Bruce.

United boss Ferguson has asked his former defender Bruce to give him first option on Valencia — and will make his formal move during the summer.

Fergie is determined not to be outbid by the Spanish giants, for whom he developed a fierce hatred over the Ronaldo saga.

United and Madrid are both also chasing Lyon striker Karim Benzema while reports in Germany claim the two clubs have declared an interest in Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez.

thats shocking, how much tax will he pay a week
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

No one is worth that amount of money.

All the recession hit fans who pay for Sky sports and footie tickets are paying the price for this obscene pay packet.

They should all go on strike for a month - no money to Sky or Setanta, and no gate income would soon make the clubs take notice.

The again, maybe footie fans are happy for their 'heroes" (I use the term loosely) to be paid enough each year to build several schools.

What exactly do football players do to deserve such large sums of money? They contribute nothing to society and have one of the cushiest jobs around.
    Thanks CrazyLea

It is just shocking and it disgusts me!!!!

thats obscene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's absolutely disgusting that footballers get paid such obscene amounts of money. They are nothing more than entertainment. It's not even worthwhile entertainment like drama, where it can move people and change people for the better. Football causes violence, anger and it's never-ending. Nobody seems to care about what happens in the game anymore. It's become saturated with money and celebrity culture. Football has NEVER saved anyone's life, as much as some people may wish to believe. Doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, teachers... They all contribute a great deal to society. Footballers do not.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that footballers are even paid to play a game in the first place. I have to pay £7.50 a week to do drama, but I love it so I don't mind. Footballers should have to pay to play, in my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rawnie For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (01-03-2009)

Footballers and popular tv/radio show hosts these days are getting paid way too much for 'entertaining' their fans. But Man Utd is one of the richest football clubs and can afford to pay him, although the recession might reduce the club's takings so much they need to let him go because they can't afford those obscene wages for too long.

Professional rugby players get paid between £6,000 and £500,000 a year. Depending on position and experience. If they can survive on that, why can't football players?
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 02-03-2009 at 17:12.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

Rawnie (02-03-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    Professional rugby players get paid between £6,000 and £500,000 a year. Depending on position and experience. If they can survive on that, why can't football players?
    Add to that that rugby players are much more dignified, hardly ever get into trouble with the law and play a better sport.

I do believe that a lot of pro rugby players actually have a "daytime" job too.
    Thanks CrazyLea

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (02-03-2009)

It's all down to their agents and the publicty they get, that is why so many young footballers get into trouble as they have money thrown at them and they just waste it on drink, fast cars or gold digging wannabaes. George Best was the classic case, a young working class Irish lad away from home with more money to spend than he'd ever seen in his life and it killed him in the end.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information