Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney)

DS article:

Neighbours to air surprise proposal after death tragedy
    Our third Neighbours wedding of the year?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...death-tragedy/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

While Ramsay Street mourns the loss of a loved one, one couple looks like they could be about to walk down the aisle in Neighbours next week.

Erinsborough is left reeling when Hendrix passes away after his body does not take to the new lung after the transplant.

The shock everyone feels at losing someone so young reverberates across the community, and while everyone tries to be there for Mackenzie, they are all struggling to deal with what has happened.

That's no different across the road at number 30 and, perhaps in part due to reminders of losing Sonya, Toadie is struggling to get his head around what happened.

Nell and Hugo are both sad too, but it's Melanie that proves to be the glue that holds the Rebecchi family together. She steps up to be there for everyone ? despite her own sadness at what occurred with Hendrix.

Toadie is quick to notice how much of a rock she is, especially when she takes the time to help Nell who needs some comfort.

Overwhelmed by how caring she is and grateful to have her in his life, Toadie leaves Melanie stunned when he asks her to marry him.

Melanie is unsure, worried that Toadie is only acting out of grief rather than because he actually wants to get married again.

She tells him that she loves him, but they might be better off coming to a compromise instead. So, she suggests that she moves in with them all so they can become a proper family.

But was Toadie only asking Mel to marry him out of grief, or is his heart really set on making her the fourth Mrs Rebecchi?

If wedding bells are indeed on the cards, then Mel should maybe be a little concerned. Toadie?s first wedding ended with him driving his bride off a cliff, while another marriage ended early due to an explosion.

Be wary, Melanie!

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 6pm on Channel 5 and streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach and streams on 10 Play.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (06-06-2022)

Sunday Post article:

Life according to? Ryan Moloney: Neighbours star on celebration tour, show?s return, and playing Toadie

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/ryan-moloney/

What can fans expect from the forthcoming Neighbours Celebration UK tour?

It will be a walk down memory lane. They?ve been putting it together behind the scenes and they?ve asked us a lot of questions and details about stories, so I think it?ll be a different thing each night to try to keep it fresh. It?ll be a lot of fun and we?ll have a good laugh.

Can you easily recall your past storylines?
    As soon as they call cut, I?m like ?delete? and it goes and I move on to the next thing. So they?ve been bringing up storylines and I?m asking, ?Uh, did that happen?? and then they explain and I remember.

Do you expect the tour to have a different feel now Neighbours is returning to our screens?
    I think so. Instead of a sadness at the end of the night, it?ll be more like ?Oh my God, how amazing is this??

What was it like adjusting to life without Neighbours when it was cancelled?

It was a state of shock, because after 28 years it?s a big mental adjustment to tell yourself you?re not doing that any more, and you ask questions of who are you, what do you do, and where do you fit into the world. There?s an expectation you need to be going to work.

You took part in The Masked Singer in Australia last summer. What else have you done since the show ended?
    I did a civil construction course because we?ve bought a farm we?re going to pull apart and build up again. So I?ve been out in the paddocks covered in dust most of the time.

How did you react when you were told Neighbours had been saved and they wanted you to return?
    When Jason Herbison (the show?s executive producer) came to see me, I had got to the point where I was like, ?OK, we?re moving on now and the world is going to look vastly different? but now I needed to step back in! It was one of those things where I thought, ?I don?t know how I feel about that?, but when they say Neighbours is coming back, you have to say yes. You can?t not be a part of that.

You started in the show in 1994 at 15 and were supposed to be in one episode. When did you realise Toadie had become one of the cornerstone characters?

Probably when they want to put out a T-shirt with your face on it! They say I?m one of the four, along with Alan, Jackie and Stefan (Karl, Susan and Paul), and I always think why am I one of the four? It still doesn?t sit with me, that kind of stature, and I don?t take it for granted. I always want to turn up and do my absolute best.

What are your favourite moments from the show?
    It was working with Eve Morey, who played my wife Sonia, and doing her death storyline. The level of input was amazing ? we had meetings about it and all got together and wrote the script. It was a very collaborative experience. Every crew member bought into it and it was special for everyone involved. I remember one scene, when Sonia told Toadie she had cancer and, when they yelled cut, Eve and I hugged for about five minutes and normally the crew would be packing up and going home, but nobody moved. It was like, ?Woah, what is this? This is amazing.? Apart from that, I enjoyed the fun stuff, like the House of Trouser.

What can you tell us about the show?s return this year?

We?re meant to start filming in April and it?ll go to air later in the year. They said they were thinking of maybe jumping ahead a couple of years but I don?t know. I don?t even know who is coming back apart from Alan, Jackie, Stefan and myself. I suppose the exciting thing is while we?re doing the tour, I expect scripts to begin landing in our inboxes, so it?ll be ?Guess what I read today? I can?t tell you!?.

Neighbours: The Celebration Tour, Festival Theatre, Edinburgh, SEC Armadillo, Glasgow, March 8 and 10

And:

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney teases possible time jump when show returns
    Could the soap be jumping forward a few years?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-ryan-moloney/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 08-02-2023 at 20:46.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (08-02-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Neighbours spoilers: Toadie is devastated when Nell ominously goes missing from school
    'Where is she?"

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-missing-79088

In her latest attempt to break up her father Toadie's marriage to Terese ? by tracking down her dad's ex-wife Melanie ? Nell convinces Melanie's friend Sharon to reveal her whereabouts in Neighbours.

Desperate to find Melanie (Lucinda Cowden), Nell (Ayisha Salem-Towner) skips school to secretly hunt her down. But, totally in over her head, she encounters a dangerous intruder at Melanie's supposed address.

When a panicked Toadie (Ryan Moloney) discovers Nell has skipped school and isn't answering his calls, he raises the alarm.

"When she doesn't answer his calls, Toadie starts to get really worried," Ryan, 43, tells TV WEEK.

After Nell's friend JJ (Riley Bryant) finally divulges where she is, Toadie's worst nightmare becomes reality.

"Sharon [Jessica Muschamp] helping Nell in this way was reckless and has put her in danger," Ryan explains.

When Sergeant Andrew Rodwell (Lloyd Will) kicks in the front door at the address they were given, he, Toadie and Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) find no sign of Nell, only her backpack and a smashed phone. With no sign of his daughter, poor Toadie's mind is in turmoil.

After Nell's neighbours Haz (Shiv Palekar) and Holly (Lucinda Armstrong Hall) join the search party, they make a stunning discovery.

"Toadie's neighbours are like family," Ryan explains. "They continue to always show up for the good and the bad moments in his life ? their support means everything."

Will this bring Toadie face-to-face with Melanie for the first time since she walked out on their marriage? And, if it does, what will this mean for Toadie and Terese's future?

"Toadie was shocked when Melanie left him," Ryan reveals. "There were so many unanswered questions."

Elsewhere in Erinsborough, Reece (Mischa Barton) and Byron's (Xavier Molyneux) love is going strong, as Reece stands up to her father Conrad's right-hand woman Tess (Anica Calida), who's proved an unwelcome presence.

Refusing to return home to America and give up the search for her missing sister Krista, Reece is exhilarated by Byron's outlook on life and declares to never return to who she used to be.

Will she give up being the heiress to Conrad's fortune to remain in Erinsborough and take her relationship with Byron to the next level?

And:

Neighbours' Nell Rebecchi to go missing in sinister twist
    Is this how Melanie makes her return?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ssing-melanie/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 30-10-2023 at 21:08.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (10-11-2023)

Wink

All hell is going to break out in Ramsey Street!!

At least Reece will get a well deserved break from Paul!

Storylines for Paul to date have been uneventful and boring. Great to have Paul back in the middle of a storm!
    Last edited by Bossy7; 10-11-2023 at 19:43.

DS article:

Neighbours' Toadie Rebecchi to make a big decision over Melanie Pearson
    Does he still have feelings for his ex-wife?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...anie-decision/

Neighbours lawyer Toadie Rebecchi reaches out to support his ex-wife Melanie Pearson next week.

The Ramsay Street favourite has taken on a harsh attitude towards Melanie since her return to Erinsborough, but he's about to change his stance for the sake of his daughter Nell.

Last week, Melanie confessed that she was responsible for the 'death' of Krista Sinclair by pushing her into the rooftop pool at Lassiters.

Melanie was held on remand after speaking to the police about the incident, but she has since found out that Krista survived. This has opened up the possibility of Melanie escaping serious charges.

Next week, Melanie goes in for another police interview but doesn't bring her lawyer with her.

Nell is visibly concerned about this, worried that her stepmum doesn't have all the support she needs.

When the schoolgirl raises the issue with Toadie, he initially shows little sympathy for Melanie's predicament.

Later though, Toadie crosses paths with Melanie by chance and is pleased when she respectfully offers to attend one of Nell's upcoming therapy sessions.

Toadie can't help softening towards Melanie, seeing how much she still genuinely cares about Nell's welfare.

Before long, Toadie calls in a favour and arranges for Melanie's case to be reassigned to one of the best legal aid lawyers in Melbourne.

Toadie's friend Andrew Rodwell quizzes him over this, wondering whether it means he still has unresolved feelings for Melanie.

Although Toadie denies this and insists that he's only acting in Nell's best interests, is there more to it?

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 22-11-2023 at 20:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (22-11-2023)

How long are we going to give it before TOADIE & MELANIE hookup????

DS article:

Neighbours' Toadie Rebecchi left rattled by Terese Willis confession
    He questions his own recent behaviour.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...se-confession/

Neighbours' Toadie Rebecchi is left with food for thought next week after his wife Terese Willis comes clean over lying to him.

Toadie's marriage faces further strain over the coming days as Terese focuses her efforts on supporting her ex-husband Paul Robinson.

Paul was left devastated at the start of this month as his son David Tanaka lost his life following a dramatic cliff fall with Eden Shaw.

Toadie fears that he could be losing Terese when she seems to be drifting away from him in favour of helping Paul.

One key moment sees Terese sneak away to check on Paul following David's funeral this week.

Terese then lies to Toadie about where she has been. She's unaware that scheming Chelsea Murphy later stirs up trouble by exposing her deception to Toadie.

Early next week, Toadie is left reeling after a surprise declaration from his ex-wife Melanie Pearson. Viewers will have to tune in to see exactly what Melanie says to Toadie, but it's no secret that she's struggling to move on from their split.

Rather than address the situation afterwards, Toadie takes the easy approach by trying to avoid Melanie.

Terese then confesses her own secret about visiting Paul and lying about it, unaware that Toadie already knows about this thanks to Chelsea.

Terese's honesty fuels Toadie's sense of guilt over the way Melanie has been crossing the line in their interactions recently.

When Toadie confronts Melanie, he hopes to close the door on her hopes for good but only fuels them further. Is it only a matter of time before someone gets their heart broken in this messy situation?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, February 19.

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (12-02-2024)

There is no way MELANIE is walking away from TOADIE!!! I quite like that angle, but dont want to see TERESE dumped by TOADIE after the whole BRAD saga. I want TERESE to try and end things first.
    Last edited by Bossy7; 12-02-2024 at 02:23.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bossy7 For This Useful Post:

its.like.that (12-02-2024)

Melanie is still not on the credits. I think she leaves soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to its.like.that For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (13-02-2024)

Ryan Moloney is appearing at my theatre in his own show on 12 September: "Toad on the Road".

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (12-02-2024), lizann (12-02-2024), Pantherboy (12-02-2024), Perdita (12-02-2024)

Thread Information