Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Actress Michelle Fairley cast as Mrs. Granger
    The role of Hermione Granger's mom in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has been filled by actress Michelle Fairley, Coleraine Times reports:

The Coleraine actress's agent was contacted by film representatives last week to arrange a new schedule of shooting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Michelle had almost missed out on the part due to her involvement in Brian Friel's Olivier award-winning play Dancing at Lughnasa which opened at the Old Vic in London last Thursday.

However producers for the blockbuster have insisted that they want Michelle to play the part of Mrs Granger, a Muggle dentist and the mother of Hermione Granger, one of Harry's two best friends, played by Emma Watson.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Rumor: Jamie Campbell Bower to play Grindelwald in DH

The Daily Mail is reporting that Jamie Campbell Bower, most recently known for his role in Sweeney Todd, is in final negotiations to play Grindelwald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Please note that this is strictly a rumor for now, and no representatives are talking yet. Some fans may note that Jamie was recently cast as Caius in the second Twilight film New Moon. As always, we'll keep you updated!
    Thanks CrazyLea

Bill Nighy has revealed that he will playing the part of Rufus Scrimgeour in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.

The Boat That Rocked star, who confirmed his involvement earlier this month, told BBC Newsround that he was "very pleased" to be joining the magical franchise.

"I am in the next Harry Potter. I will be Rufus Scrimgeour, who is the Minister of Magic and he is a very, very important man," he said.

"I am no longer the only English actor not to be in Harry Potter and I am very pleased!"

Nighy is expected to begin filming his role in the two-part Deathly Hallows within the next few weeks.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...character.html

He is a brilliant actor

Yeah, I can imagine Bill as Scrimgeour.

Bill Nighy has revealed details of what fans can expect from his portrayal of Minister of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

The British star, who confirmed his involvement in the final instalment earlier this month, told Sci-Fi Wire that Scrimgeour is a "rather tragic figure" who cultivated an "interesting relationship" with Harry (Daniel Radcliffe).

"Harry views him initially with complete contempt, but then it's softened by subsequent events," he explained. "There's one where he comes and delivers Dumbledore's (Michael Gambon) legacy to the three children [Harry, Ron and Hermione].

"He gives them all of the things that Dumbledore has left them, and that's when it's first indicated that he may not be around for much longer. So it's quite an affecting scene."

Nighy added that he will start filming on Deathly Hallows when he returns to the UK from his current promotional tour of the US in support of upcoming animation G-Force.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...ticle_continue

That's completely wrong. Harry always holds him in contempt and never softens to him. Either the script has been rewritten or Bill has interpreted it wrong.

It's been long understood by fans of Harry Potter that J.K. Rowling's last epic book in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, would be split into two flicks. The big question looming for readers since this news, however, has been where will the moviemakers make the division?

Now, we know!

If you don't want to be spoiled, we'd suggest going away!

It was confirmed by Joshua Herdman, who plays Slytherin goon Goyle in the films (you may also know him as the Muggle busted for cannabis possession) that while it may still change in the final hours of editing, as far as he knows, the ending of the first film is as follows:

"Part one of "Deathly Hallows" will close right after Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) are captured by the Snatchers. Part two will open as the trio and their captors arrive at Malfoy Manor."

What a cliffhanger!!

Ooo I like the cliffhanger! I knew it had to be somewhere around that point

Warner Bros has confirmed that it will release the next Harry Potter films in 3D.

The two Deathly Hallows movies, which are based on JK Rowling's final book in the wizard series, will cost $5 million a piece to convert to the 3D format, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The news comes in the week that James Cameron's 3D space epic Avatar smashed the $1.843 billion all-time box office record held by Titanic.

Last year's Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince included 3D footage for its IMAX screenings.

Warner has also firmed up plans to bring out its Clash Of The Titans remake in 3D and has pushed back its release until April 2 in order to complete the conversion.

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part I will open on November 19 this year, with Part II following on July 15, 2011.

Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis has revealed that Deathly Hallows will be a "gory" film.

Speaking to SnitchSeeker.com, the Neville Longbottom actor compared the final two Potter instalments to the Lord Of The Rings.

"David [Yates, director] as well as [screenwriter] Steve Kloves haven't shied away from the more severe stuff in it that was in the book. It's bloody and it's gory and it's very real. But it's been cool and it's not like anything I've had to do before," he said.

Lewis added that splitting the final Potter outing into two movies has given the filmmakers the opportunity to include everything they wanted from J.K. Rowling's source material.

"[They're] trying to keep as much stuff as they can from the book in the film," he explained. "We want to hit all the points and no one's making it into a good film everyone enjoys - we're going to stick to the book and we're gonna say, 'Look, some of it is quite harrowing, some of it's quite serious. People do die and you're just gonna have to...' It's not sugar-coated. It's right there, it's quite raw and all the performances have had to step up."

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part I will open in cinemas this November, with Part II bowing summer 2011.

DS

Thread Information