Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The final instalment of the Harry Potter film franchise is to be released in 2011 it has been announced.

Fans of the boy wizard will get to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II in cinemas from 15 July.

Warner Brothers decided to split the seventh book in JK Rowling's series into two parts as it was impossible to cram its 608 pages into a single film.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I is set to be released on 19 November 2010.

Stuntman David Holmes suffered serious back injuries on the set of Deathly Hallows last month practising an aerial sequence.

The set was closed for a week for investigation before being allowed to re-open by the Health and Safety Executive.

It was announced in August last year that the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince would be pushed back eight months to July this year.

Warner Bros president Alan Horn said the decision was taken to guarantee the studio a major summer blockbuster in 2009.

He also blamed the Hollywood writers' strike, which hit the film industry hard in 2008.

The first five movies have made $4.5 billion (£2.2 billion) worldwide - making it the biggest film franchise in box office history, surpassing both James Bond and Star Wars.

awww wow! thats good cos the breaks wont be as long

Theo Walcott's girlfriend has reportedly landed a role in the next Harry Potter film.

According to the Daily Mail, Melanie Slade will appear in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part One as a friend of Hermione Granger (Emma Watson).

Explaining her part, she said: "I had a couple of lines to say. I'd love to do more acting."

The 20-year-old, who has been dating the Arsenal and England star since 2006, was offered the role through her boyfriend's aunt, whose partner David Yates is directing the movie.

Slade will make her screen debut alongside Watson as the two girls watch a Quidditch match at Hogwarts.

Lucky her

If only i knew the right people

Excited about this film MY favourite book - although 2011 is ages away

Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    If only i knew the right people
    same, i feel like that sometimes, its so unfair! cant wait for the films though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Rhys Ifans has joined the cast of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.

Appearing on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, the Welsh actor spoke about being fitted for a wizard costume while filming Mr. Nice, a movie about notorious drug smuggler Howard Marks.

"These people from Harry Potter had to fly out to Spain to fit me for my wizard outfit," Ifans said. "I'm in this room with the sleeves, the pointy hat, and Howard's wandering past the room with [a joint] on the go. He says, 'I never used to wear stuff like that'. I said, 'No Howard, don't panic. This is for another film'."

Ifans did not reveal which character he will play, but Potter site SnitchSeeker.com speculates that he may be Xenophilius Lovegood.

Poesy in talks to reprise role as Fleur Delacour

Poésy, who played Fleur Delacour in Goblet of Fire , is in talks to reprise her role in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , according to her representatives.

Nothing is confirmed so far.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Deathly Hallows to be shot in Pembrokeshire

WalesOnline is reporting this morning that crews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and a new Robin Hood movie are expected to be shooting in the town of Pembrokeshire:

Planning officer Cathy Milner said: “It’s a huge bonus for Pembrokeshire. There’s the input of the finance, and it will also raise the county’s profile.” Ms Milner said Freshwater West had captured the film makers’ imagination and six days’ filming was planned for early May.

The Harry Potter crew is expected to be in the area for 50 days. A set will be built in Pembroke Dock and moved to a site in the dunes.

Work is expected to start in the area after Easter.

Filming for Deathly Hallows will continue until early 2010.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Hinds rumored to be cast as Aberforth Dumbledore

It is being reported that Ciaran Hinds has been cast in the role of Aberforth Dumbledore for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

When reached by MuggleNet, Warner Bros. neither confirmed nor denied the rumor. We'll keep you posted as more information becomes available. No word yet on if the goat from Order of the Phoenix will reprise its role in the final films.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Andy Linden confirmed as Mundungus Fletcher
    As more casting news comes pouring in, rumours have been circulating that actor Andy Linden has been cast as Mundungus Fletcher for the Deathly Hallows film. Universe Harry Potter contacted his agent Polly Andrews and Andrews confirmed the rumour. Linden previously worked with David Yates, the director, on a movie called Punch back in 1996.

Actor Domhnall Gleeson expected to be cast in DH
    Broadway.com is reporting today that the Tony Award nominee is expected to become a part of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows cast as Bill Weasley:

Gleeson would join his father, returning player Brendan Gleeson, who has appeared in the series since the 2005 release Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as popular character Professor Alastor “MadEye” Moody.

"I'd been very certain about not wanting to do the acting thing because of my father," the younger Gleeson told Broadway.com in 2006 about his pursuit of acting. "I thought I'd always have the father-son thing of 'He got you the part.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information