Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natasha Blakeman

Natasha Blakeman

Is she going to be made a series regular?

I know she gets with Tony Gordon soon but then gets dumped as he favours Maria

She has been in Corrie for over a year now so I would class her as a regular already, even if she is not seen that often.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-02-2009)

Coronation Street star Rachel Leskovac has expressed fears that she could be axed from the soap.

The actress, who has played Natasha Blakeman since May 2008, confirmed that news of job cuts at ITV has left her concerned over her future.

"I am secure till August and I will know in May whether or not they want to keep me," Leskovac told The People. "But I am worried that if ITV are going to make cuts, I might go.

"I am going to have the best time I can and also hope I make as good an impact as possible so they keep me on.

"It's very quiet out there for actors, not much drama is being made. My agent told me I am in the best place even with the cuts that are happening though."

Leskovac was best known for playing murderous nurse Kelly Yorke in Holby City before landing her Weatherfield role. She has also appeared in The Royal and Where The Heart Is.

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    I thought she was a new character she's barely been seen
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Coronation Street star Rachel Leskovac has admitted that she is still unsure over her future with the soap.

The actress, who plays Natasha Blakeman, first expressed fears that she could be axed two months ago in the wake of job cuts at ITV.

In a new interview with The Mirror, Leskovac has confirmed that she remains in the dark over her fate.

"Everything has been going great guns but something might happen and then I might not be part of the soap any more," Leskovac explained. "This show certainly keeps you on your toes.

"I have a three-year contract, that is made up of a series of options. It's different for everyone but for me it's every six months, so I'll know at the end of this month if it's going to be extended. It does make me feel nervous.

"I do feel much more settled now than when I joined the soap but I never take anything for granted in this profession."

Weatherfield producers announced earlier this month that Jonathan Dixon (Darryl Morton) and Wanda Opalinska (Vicki Dankowska) are leaving the programme due to "natural story progression".

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...akeman-return/

Coming back .... guess that is the end of Nick and Leanne then ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-07-2020)

had she a child by nick

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    had she a child by nick
    No, she aborted it when she realised he was not ready to play happy family with her and Gail was working at doctor's surgery at the time and told Nick after seeing her medical records ... that is when she left ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-07-2020)

From my memory she was more into Nick that he was to her

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-07-2020)

Coronation Street airs Natasha Blakeman's return storyline next week.

Rachel Leskovac has reprised her role as Natasha after ten years away from the cobbles ? and she makes her comeback in the hour-long special airing on Friday, September 11.

Upcoming episodes see Nick Tilsley (Ben Price), Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) and Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) make plans to take a holiday to Cornwall with Oliver.

Sadly, just as they're looking forward to the happy occasion, Oliver's seizure alarm sounds and he has to return to hospital.

While Nick waits for news at the hospital, he's shocked as his ex-girlfriend Natasha approaches him.

Nick gravely explains that he's awaiting updates about his stepson, while Natasha reveals that she's there for a dermatology appointment.

Later, the doctor tells Nick, Leanne and Steve that Oliver has been moved back to intensive care and put on life support.

Leanne continues to take an optimistic approach to the situation, insisting that Oliver will pull through. Nick and Steve don't feel as hopeful that this will be the case.

Corrie bosses announced their plans to bring back Natasha in July.

Speaking at the time, Rachel Leskovac explained: "I am very excited and proud to be welcomed back to Coronation Street, especially as so many old friends are still there. It's always great to be able to return to a character to explore a whole new path for them."

Digital Spy

Thread Information