Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you honest when a cashpoint is faulty?

Are you honest when a cashpoint is faulty?

Customers at two faulty ATM's were given double their money when a technical glitch hit the machines this week.

According to the Daily Express, more than £50,000 was erroneously delivered to delighted customers at the cashpoints in Manchester and Wales.

Queues quickly formed at the Nationwide ATMs as word spread about the fault until one customer phoned the building society to report the problem.

The bank said the notes were loaded in the wrong way, adding that it was "disappointing" that it took six hours for someone to report the fault.

Would you have reported it immediately or would you have enjoyed a windfall?

I have to be really honest here and say no. I am normally very honest and would return a bag/purse but in this case the banks make so much money from me (overdraft charges!! etc), that I'm afarid I would take the money and run.

it depends.. if I only took out tenner and got twenty then probably not but if I took out over 50 then yes, I would hand it back, after all, they would have my account details and when the find the fault take it back anyway
    Super Mod

I think it depends on the amount, if only ten quid probably not.

This is the second time in a year the one in Stretford has given out double the money.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I probably wouldn't let on if it was a small amount but if it was something huge,, then I would report it because I am sure that my info is logged in on the machine I used ..

Not ever having had the good luck to find a faulty ATM Im sure that if one paid me double I would be quite happy to keep the money. After all its our money as thanks to Comrade Broon we now own the banks
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I've never been that lucky but if I was and it was only a small amount less than £50 then I would just keep it, but if it was a large amount I'd give it back as the bank will trace it eventually.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Being a student I would take the money. Then I'd phone the bank when I got home and report it.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Being a lot of money I would be honest, I hust feel terribly bad and couldnt take it

ive never been lucky enough to find a faulty machine but if i did theres no way id go and tell them if gave metoo much, id go spend it quick

Thread Information