Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley)

Will he be back for this week's siege?

I really wanna see Cain get a few smacks into Cameron

Also he proposes to Moira

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Tracy burns (29-10-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 14-10-2013 at 16:12.

Yep Cain may propose to Moira but there's a rumor of them breaking up. I think it has something to do with John Barton's brother coming into the village. I hope the writers keep Moira & Cain together, they make such an awesome couple. And I like the fact that he can be still a little rough around the edges.

Emmerdale actor Jeff Hordley has confirmed that his character Cain Dingle won't be staying out of trouble in the months ahead.

Cain has tried to tone down his bad boy antics since settling down with Moira Barton this year, but may find himself with something to prove when the new Barton arrivals move into Butler's Farm.

Viewers have already been introduced to James and Ross Barton (Bill Ward and Michael Parr), while Pete and Finn (Anthony Quinlan and Joe Gill) make their first appearances next week.

Speaking to TV Times about Cain's future, Hordley explained: "We're in a real purple patch at Emmerdale. We've got this amazing producer, Kate Oates, who knows how to tell stories and pace them correctly.

"We have all the new Bartons at the farm now for Cain to spar with. There's a lot of testosterone bouncing around. Cain would love to be sat in front of the fire with Moira rather than be doing scams all day long, but he won't give them up as he needs to keep his edge to be able to compete with the Barton men.

"Also, he's jealous of James and can see he's hanging around Moira too much. And of course, Charity has just made a move on him and she could be a threat to his relationship."

Hordley also promised that he will be sticking with Emmerdale for the foreseeable future.

He commented: "Why wouldn't I stay? They're writing great stuff for me all the time, my wife [Zoe Henry] is on the show, which is lovely, and we've got a young family - our children Violet and Stanley are 9 and 5 now. I'm extremely happy to be sitting in Camp Emmerdale right now."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (26-11-2013), lizann (26-11-2013), maidmarian (27-11-2013), suzewebb (27-11-2013), tammyy2j (27-11-2013)

^ Good to hear, love Cain one of the best characters ever on the show imo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (29-11-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 28-11-2013 at 22:08.

Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has backed the decision to keep exploring his character Cain Dingle's chemistry with ex-partner Charity Sharma.

Tonight's double bill (November 28) sees Charity make a move on Cain in the aftermath of her split from husband Jai.

While Cain's heart currently belongs to Moira Barton, Hordley today (November 28) told Loose Women that he also still shares a strong connection with Charity.

"You never write Charity and Cain off because we've got a lot of history with the show. I think it's good to keep that bubbling away," he explained.

"I think because they were young loves and they had Debbie when they were teenage loves, that first love [is] always going to exist. I think that's why the writers are writing these scenes."

Hordley added: "Of course, there's stuff to come with Cain and Moira as well, but there might be some repercussions from tonight. She's a tough old bird, is Moira!"

The actor also admitted that he prefers playing Cain now that he is showing his softer side more often.

He commented: "I like the way the character's moved now, because I think the guy's getting older and he wants to settle down a bit more. But his DNA hasn't changed - he can't help slipping back into the old Cain.

"He is a human, and it makes the character more three-dimensional instead of this two-dimensional villain. Since I've come back [in 2009], I've had a bit of a personality transplant, but in a good way because the DNA hasn't changed and I think it makes for a better character.

"I think the longer you stay in a show, the writers have got more tools to write for your character and there's more layers. I think the character now is the best it's ever been."

Emmerdale airs a double bill tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kiwigirl (30-11-2013)

Cain Dingle walks out on Moira next week when he becomes fed up with feeling second best.

The bad boy mechanic reckons Moira will never love him as much as she did John Barton and decides he doesn't want to have to compete with a ghost.

Moira, who shows signs of feelings for John's brother, James, is frosty with Cain after he admits Charity tried it on with him.

When Cain arrives at the farm, he gets a grilling from Moira who wonders where he has been.

A show insider says: 'In a moment of anger, he tells Moira he feels second best to John and to give them space, he is off to Italy to do a job. He hopes that by the time he gets back she will have realised how she feels about him. But it's a dangerous game because he could be giving James the perfect opportunity to muscle in on his patch.'

Cain Dingle walks out on Moira next week when he becomes fed up with feeling second best.

The bad boy mechanic reckons Moira will never love him as much as she did John Barton and decides he doesn't want to have to compete with a ghost.

Moira, who shows signs of feelings for John's brother, James, is frosty with Cain after he admits Charity tried it on with him.

When Cain arrives at the farm, he gets a grilling from Moira who wonders where he has been.

A show insider says: 'In a moment of anger, he tells Moira he feels second best to John and to give them space, he is off to Italy to do a job. He hopes that by the time he gets back she will have realised how she feels about him. But it's a dangerous game because he could be giving James the perfect opportunity to muscle in on his patch.'

Emmerdale: Jeff Hordley reveals Cain, Belle court plea drama

Emmerdale's Cain Dingle takes drastic action on the day of Belle's big court hearing next week.

With Belle still adamant that she is going to plead guilty over Gemma's death, Cain makes one last-ditch attempt to convince her to change her mind.

Here, Jeff Hordley - who plays Cain - reveals his character's plan to save Belle from a stretch behind bars.

How concerned is Cain about Belle's plans to plead guilty?
    "Cain thinks that Belle is throwing her life away. He is also extremely concerned because his dad is showing signs of having a breakdown again. Of all the Dingle children, Belle has always been the bright one - the one that's not like the rest of them. Now she's fallen into Dingle mode and is going to plead guilty for something that was an accident.

"Cain is really scared and doesn't want her to do that. He knows it would break the family apart, because Zak's going to have another breakdown if Belle goes to prison."

What are the signs that Zak is taking a turn for the worse again?
    "At one point, Cain goes into the barn and sees that Zak has really lost the plot. Zak is holding onto a blanket and he isn't making any sense, just like he was when he was on top of the cliff. Cain is quite shocked, and that's the catalyst to make him realise that he really needs to do something to change Belle's mind."

What happens when Cain confronts Belle?
    "On the morning of the court hearing, Cain finds Belle in the café and tells her that Zak isn't taking her to the court any more because he's not well. Cain tells Belle that she's got a choice - he can either drive her to court and she can be a martyr, or he'll take her to see what's happening to her dad. Obviously Belle is concerned about her dad, so she chooses the second option.

"Cain drives Belle up to the edge of a cliff and basically shows her the place where Zak was going to jump off last year. He says, 'If you carry on trying to be a hero, then this is where you're going to find your dad'. Cain says it'll be because of her.

"Cain knows how that feels, because he's been in the same situation himself. The reason why Zak had the breakdown in the first place was because of his attack on Cain. Cain says, 'You don't want to be in the same position that I was in, which is feeling terrible that you were the reason he had a breakdown'."

Will those words make an impact on Belle?
    "I think Cain feels it's the last roll of the dice. It's quite a desperate measure and he's not particularly forceful with her, but he's so genuine that there's a little bit of desperation in the way he's acting. Hopefully that will change Belle's mind, but whether it does, we'll have to wait and see."

When Belle later arrives at court, it's only with seconds to spare. What's the mood like?
    "Everybody is panicked because they think that Belle is not going to turn up. Cain just gives Belle a little word before she goes in and says, 'Right, now it's down to you, sis'. Then we'll see what happens in the court…"

We don't often see Cain and Belle scenes. What has it been like to work with Eden?
    "This particular story for Eden has shown that she's no longer a young child actor any more - she's one of the mature adult actors. She's been on the show for so long now, but this really is the maturing of Eden in terms of an actress. She's fantastic and has been great to work with.

"What I love about these scenes is that I don't think many people remember that Cain and Belle are brother and sister. Belle is Cain's little sister and he does care about her. He doesn't want her to be like the rest of the Dingles, because she's the one bright hope of the family.

"Cain has got a lot of time for Belle and it's great to see them in scenes together. I just hope they write more for us further down the line."

Do the Dingles have a hard road ahead regardless of Belle's plea?
    "I think regardless of whether Belle pleads guilty or not guilty, she's not necessarily going to get off with it. The charge is manslaughter so even if Belle says not guilty, it doesn't mean to say that she's going to walk free. There's a long road ahead. Belle will carry the guilt of what happened to Gemma and potentially what could happen to her dad."

While all of this is going on, there are increased tensions between Moira and James. Is Cain aware of that?
    "Cain isn't really aware of it, as he's got so much going on with Belle's situation. Moira makes Cain aware that there has been some tension, but Cain points out that they've been in this position for a while and she'll just have to put up with it for the sake of the business. That's how Cain deals with it. In a way, he's pleased that the penny has dropped for Moira when it comes to James!"

Is Cain now convinced that James's feelings for Chas are genuine?
    "I think Cain is buying that the two of them have become an item. I also don't think Cain sees James as a threat when it comes to Moira any more. Now that he and Moira are engaged, Cain is convinced that their relationship is strong and they can deal with James and the other cuckoos living in their nest."

The week of the court hearing also sees Chas tell Cain that she is organising a secret wedding for him and Moira. How does he react?
    "Cain is initially really naffed off at Chas for doing that. He said to Moira previously that the reason they can't plan a wedding just yet is that the whole family are dealing with the Belle situation and nobody will be in the mood for partying. When Chas puts him on the spot he says, 'Okay, let's do it, I suppose everybody does need to smile now'. Cain changes his mind and says they can go through with it, as long as Chas runs everything past him with no games.

"I think Cain realises that if somebody else is willing to do it, and his sister has got a nice little idea, it'll be a great surprise for Moira."

Is Cain still convinced that Moira is the right woman for him?
    "Yes, most definitely. He's 100% certain that Moira is the one for him now. They've been through so much together and she's created an honest man of him."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (16-04-2014), maidmarian (16-04-2014), tammyy2j (15-04-2014)

Thread Information