Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley)

If he does then his character hasn't improved since the last time and they're just recycling old plots, which is a waste of time bringing him back if the writers can't come up with new plots.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I prefered the old Cain to the New one, the old Cain wasn't a police informant/snitch I think they only brought him back for Debbies custody battle and now they are putting Cain against the Wyldes/Kings trying to start new feuds, it will be interesting to see if he gets on with the Bartons when they arrive or is a bit wary of them

Yeah but having him feuding with the Wyldes then sleeping with the females of the family is just the same as he did with the Reynolds and Kings. He must be a police informant for some pretty huge crime as Cain wouldn't grass anyone up. I just thimk it will be pretty boring if he did the same as the last time he was in the dales.

I agree the feud with the Wyldes is the same as the Reynolds, but I think its to get to Marks secret, because he knows hes hiding something, but he just doesn't know what it is yet

Cain snitched on some major criminals/gangsters when he was abroad, so this is how he became a police informant and can still get away with murder I am just waiting until his pastcomes back to haunt him, because we know everything will eventually crumble for Cain, but this being Emmerdale and him being a Dingle, can hardly see that happening

The phrase falling in sh*t and coming out smelling of roses comes to mind.

I hate Maisie - Cain can do so much better than her - hopefully he will get back with Charity when she arrives i love them together

I would love Charity and Cain together, but you know that won't happen straight away, and from what Emma Atkins has said, Cain and Debbie won't be happy to see her.

I can see him getting Maisie into bed as he wouldn't have to try too hard but as for Natasha that could involve a lot of hard work!

Cain Dingle Swings At Marlon

ANGRY Cain Dingle decks his cousin Marlon after discovering he’s been secretly supporting Charity Tate.

Cain (Jeff Hordley, 38) unleashes a flurry of punches on the lanky chef (Mark Charnock, 40) after he confesses to allowing Charity (Emma Atkins, 34) to stay with him.

The blonde found herself out in the cold after trying to rob Cain.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/soapersta...ngs-at-Marlon/

Jeff Hordley, Emma Atkins (Cain and Charity, 'Emmerdale') DS Interview

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...emmerdale.html

Sparring Emmerdale lovers Cain and Charity Dingle - played by Jeff Hordley and Emma Atkins - reach a crossroads in their relationship on Christmas Day when Charity goes on bended knee and asks Cain for his hand in marriage. Following a disastrous Dingle dinner, Debbie (Charley Webb) incinerates the cash that her mother and father are arguing over, prompting Charity and Cain to return home and wallow in their own self-pity. Cain, however, is taken aback when Charity suggests that they should tie the knot. Realising that he has nothing to lose, Cain shrugs and happily agrees, before sealing the proposal with a kiss. Here, DS chats to Jeff and Emma about the Christmas Day episode and what's on the horizon for their screen counterparts.

How quickly did you both find that on-screen spark with each other again?
    [JH] "Pretty much straight away. You know there are certain actors that you really spark off and bounce off. I don't know what it is but as far as I'm concerned, when Emma says the lines to me, it really penetrates through and she means it - so that makes it easier for me to act with her. You don't always get that with every actor you work with. I'm lucky that with Emma - and with Charley - I've got somebody I naturally bounce off."
    [EA] "Absolutely ditto! We were talking [about this] earlier and a lot of it's based on trust and having the openness to try different things and not feeling stupid or embarrassed if something doesn't work. You can always fall back on that person because they'll never make you feel stupid. Having a good rapport in that way both on and off screen is vital I'd say."

Why don't Cain and Charity see that they're made for each other?
    [JH] "They're too busy arguing!"
    [EA] "I think now they're coming round to the idea of it. It's basically been that the grass is always greener for both of them and they both thought, 'Maybe we can do better than being together in this way'. They're so linked through their family and through Debbie that they question, 'Is this going to work?'"
    [JH] "They're so busy competing and getting one up on each other they can't see they're acting the same as each other. It's, 'I'm better than you! No, you're better than me! You do this! You do that!' but actually they're both the same."

What's the mood like between them on Christmas Day?
    [EA] "Christmas Day begins very hostile and moody."
    [JH] "There's a very icy atmosphere - they're wishing each other merry Christmas through gritted teeth. Debbie, unbeknownst to the Dingles, brings Charity along to the Dingles' Christmas Day. It escalates from there and it's quite a hilarious situation round the Christmas table. You've got Chas there and Aaron and Paddy at the end of the table - they're not happy with Chas. Cain's not happy with Chas because Carl threatened Debbie... Everyone's sniping at each other and poor Lisa's trying to have the best Christmas Day ever! It ends in disaster and people end up rowing. Charity tells Cain to chill out and have a beer but when she opens it, it splurges all over him and it all kicks off from there."

How does the engagement come about?
    [EA] "It's born out of a huge argument after the money's been burned. They reluctantly go back to the house together and there's absolutely nothing left. They're squabbling over who's going to finish the last drop of red wine and then Charity keeps pushing it saying, 'We might as well be married, there's nothing left to do but get married'. She mentions it again and Cain's like, 'Woah, woah, woah! Did I just hear what I think I heard?'"
    [JH] "It's probably the only thing we've not explored!"
    [EA] "She pushes it a bit further and we come back to a scene later on where she says, 'Sod it, if you're not going to do it I'll do it!' and she literally gets on both knees (laughs) She's not begging, though, because she's in control to a certain extent. To ask Cain of all people to marry her?! She's also certainly willing to get down on one knee to prove a point - so they agree to go for it and have a shotgun wedding."

Cain and Charity's battles have been over money and their daughter - where do they go from here?
    [JH] "I don't really know. All that Emma and I are concerned with is carrying on working together because we're really enjoying it. We're just hoping that the writers will write some great stuff for us next year."
    [EA] "There's a Charity/Cain scam brewing. At the moment, we're in the middle of filming scripts for a possible scam - it's a will they/won't they pull it off. So that's where we are at the moment, which leads us to believe that we're possibly doing a Bonnie and Clyde storyline but without the deaths!"

Did Charity save her old wedding dress?
    [EA] "I think that got burnt with the money! (Laughs)"
    [JH] "She can't fit into it anymore - she's had too much Christmas food!"

Will it be a white wedding?
    [JH] "I think it'll be more a black wedding if there's such a thing."
    [EA] "The thing is, I don't think she's ever been superstitious. Just to p*ss people off, she'd probably get the whitest dress in the world just to prove a point. I think they'll probably have a low-key civil affair if they didn't have any money. If they had money, though, they'd probably have a big ceremony!"
    [JH] "They'd be like Jordan and Peter if they had money!"

'Emmerdale's Cain and Charity on cash, kids and more

I recently caught up with Emmerdale stars Jeff Hordley and Emma Atkins - Yorkshire's Cain and Charity Dingle - to chat about their upcoming Christmas engagement in the show.

Click here to read the main serving, or stay on this page to find out more about Cain's cash, whether any more kids are on the cards and if Jeff thinks a leopard really can change its spots.

Where did all of Cain's money come from?
    [JH] "Cain got all his money from the Kings, so it is his money and that's why he's a dog with a bone and won't let it go. He really wants his money back. Even when the money's burned, I'm sure he's still going to want it back by hook or by crook."

Do you think Debbie really burns the money? Or do you think that she burns some scrap paper to make it look like it had gone up in smoke?
    [JH] "Interesting one - but do I think the money is burnt?"
    [EA] "I like that!"

Does Cain have a load more cash stashed away?
    [JH] "As far as I'm aware, that's all the cash he's got, but you never know - the storyline writers might go, 'We forgot to say but actually there's a little bit more somewhere!' I honestly believe, hand on heart, that the holdall full is the end of it. It brings them back to a level playing field again and that's when it's going to be most exciting with those characters - how do they get hold of money again?"

When did Charity realise that family meant more to her than cash?
    [EA] "When she got to the storage unit and had the chance to literally elope with all the money. She had freedom right in front of her and for some reason, she couldn't go through with it. That was the huge turning point… that spoke volumes about how deep her feelings run for Debbie and Cain. I think a stream of constant irresponsible, disloyal goings-on have made her rethink. Charity's a complete loser really, a confused mess - and the more she keeps running away, nothing's answering her problems."

Why doesn't Cain think Charity will ever change?
    [JH] "Well, she has a history of always letting people down. If there's one thing history teaches us, it's not to repeat something - if there was no history we'd have the Second World War again. Thankfully, it's locked into Cain's memory that Charity's always let people down, particularly him - and that's why he doesn't trust her."

Do you think they'll want more kids?
    [JH] "No, I think they've done the kid thing."

What do you think of Emmerdale's state of play at the moment?
    [EA] "I think it's great! You've got the stalker situation with Laurel and Ashley - that's really keeping the audience wondering what on earth could happen next…"
    [JH] "… And you've got all the Wylde stuff that's going to be coming out. The actors that are in it and what Gavin [Blyth]'s done with the show this year - it's really back on fire - literally with the church as well!"
    [EA] "We were also excited to learn we'd done really well on Thursday night in the ratings."

Do you think that Debbie wants her parents to be together again or does she just want them to get along with each other?
    [JH] "I think she just wants them to be happy and talking to each other and if that comes with them being together then so be it."

Thread Information