Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Goody

Sorry but he commited a crime. He served his sentence and now he's on parole. There's still terms to that, just because you're getting married doesn't mean you should have your curfew lifted. I'm sure there are thousands of men and women in this country who were on license when released and didn't get their curfew lifted because it would make their life easier If he hadn't assaulted someone then he wouldn't be in this position now. His fault.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I think this happened more for Jade's benefit rather than making his life easier. But I agree with you, there are millions of other women around who are ill and their partners don't have their terms altered for personal reasons. It is only because she has always lived in the public eye since winning BB that she/Jack is getting this preferrential treatment.

Jade Goody is said to be "absolutely thrilled" with the government's decision to waive her fiancé's curfew for their wedding night this Sunday.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw has lifted the order on Jack Tweed, which states that he must return to his mother's home by 7pm every day.

Tweed has been under the order since his early release from Wayland Prison in Norfolk after he attacked a teenager with a golf club.

Straw said: "It is crucial that offenders are treated equally within the rules regardless of the publicity surrounding their case, but I was satisfied that it was reasonable to allow this."

A spokesman added: "Jack has enormous sympathy for Jade Goody and her family at this time. She is showing extraordinary courage and his thoughts are with her and her family."

Goody's publicist Max Clifford said the decision would give her a "dream finish" to her big day that would make a big difference to the occasion.

Earlier this week, Tweed spoke of his heartache of having to leave his partner to return home under his curfew order.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Jade Goody is said to be "absolutely thrilled" with the government's decision to waive her fiancé's curfew for their wedding night this Sunday.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw has lifted the order on Jack Tweed, which states that he must return to his mother's home by 7pm every day.

Tweed has been under the order since his early release from Wayland Prison in Norfolk after he attacked a teenager with a golf club.

Straw said: "It is crucial that offenders are treated equally within the rules regardless of the publicity surrounding their case, but I was satisfied that it was reasonable to allow this."

A spokesman added: "Jack has enormous sympathy for Jade Goody and her family at this time. She is showing extraordinary courage and his thoughts are with her and her family."

Goody's publicist Max Clifford said the decision would give her a "dream finish" to her big day that would make a big difference to the occasion.

Earlier this week, Tweed spoke of his heartache of having to leave his partner to return home under his curfew order.
    well i dont think its the government that needs to be thanked i think its this morning

so what is the story of this cancer...didnt she go for a smear
    Last edited by sindydoll; 20-02-2009 at 16:08.
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

I don't think this should have been allowed myself; I would allow it when it's close to the end for Jade though. I just hope Jade doesn't have to die without Jack there in the middle of the night or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Jade is getting as much coverage in the nation newspapers as the lady round the corner from me at home did when she had terminal cancer. She had two young children, 6 and 8. Every week she was in the local paper fundraising or giving updates on her treatment. I see this no different.

Everybody copes differently with terminal illnesses. Some shout and scream and become depressed. Some decide to make the most of what they have left and do what the want, regardless of what other people think.

I've seen first hand what a parent with terminal cancer or other serious illness does to children. It's not nice to watch children suffer and know that the only thing that could possibly make things ok is something you can't give them.

Jade doing all these photo shoots with her children is just another way of her helping to keep her children's memory of a parent alive. When they grow up they may not wish to see their mum with no hair and looking ill, but at least they have something to keep forever, her last few photos. The way she looked before her death.

If Jade wants to sell her wedding pictures and secure her children's future, let her do so. Until you're in that situation, you're in no position to judge her. If you don't like what she's doing, don't read the articles.
    I completely agree, yes shes famous so her circumstances have been slightly different but she can use that to help provide for her family whch at the end of the day is what any mother would want to do

I'd be interested to know if that is the norm for this kind of situations. Because this isn't a unique case, its just got attention because she is famous. I hope everyone else would get the same treatment.

Curfews can be lifted temporarily for reasons such as the death or serious illness (in hospital) of a close friend or relative or if it's really important that the detainee attend something outside his curfew.

I should think each case will be addressed on it's own merits and it won't be a blanket decision that if you get married, the curfew gets lifted.

Jack Straw only stepped in because Jack's prison governor refused to lift the curfew.
    Thanks CrazyLea

she only has a month left hasnt she so letting them spend 1 night together is ok!!
    did anyone watch her programme last night on living?
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

well i dont think its the government that needs to be thanked i think its this morning

so what is the story of this cancer...didnt she go for a smear
    She did go for a smear, the docs found her first pre-cancerous cells when she was 16 years old and treated her at the time so she's had this ticking timebomb for a while now.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Tangliss For This Useful Post:

sindydoll (21-02-2009)

Thread Information