Thread: £5m Russell to be Depp brother ?

£5m Russell to be Depp brother ?

RUSSELL Brand is thrashing out a deal to appear in Pirates of The Caribbean 4 — as Captain Jack Sparrow’s brother.
    The deal to play Jonathan, younger brother of Johnny Depp’s character, could be worth £5million.

It would catapult Brand, 33, into the Hollywood A-list less than a week after resigning from his Radio 2 show over the Andrew Sachs phone row involving him and Jonathan Ross.

A source said: “There couldn’t be a role more perfectly suited. There’s a lot of Jack Sparrow in his mannerisms and behaviour. Depp’s accent isn’t a million miles away from Russell’s either.

“Russell joining the Sparrows alongside Johnny and Keith Richards as their dad will complete the ultimate on-screen pirate family.”

Brand, based in Los Angeles for the next few months working on new films and a Comedy Central special, has already formed a close relationship with Disney.

In his first US theatre show since the Radio 2 scandal, he took a swipe at Sachs’s granddaughter, burlesque dancer and model Georgina Baillie — who was at the centre of the phone storm.

He told the audience in West Hollywood: “Burlesque and erotica – I’ve been rethinking it of late.”

wow more well known people in the film

Love it Would suit one another Russell and Johnny!

Although i hope they dont just turn this film into a whose who film, im sure they wont though

oooo russs in pirate gear,yumm. He did a photo a while back of him dressed up as jack sparrow and looked gorge!

eurgh i hate russell brand! i really hope this doesnt happen!
    Last edited by di marco; 08-11-2008 at 21:15.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Russell Brand has confirmed rumours that he has held talks about appearing in the fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

The British comic admitted that he may have to decline a starring role opposite Johnny Depp because he has too much work to do.

"There's been some talk of doing a Pirates movie," he told Access Hollywood. "But, I've got eight other things to do [including] Get Him To The Greek with Judd Apatow... So I don't know if there'll be time to be a pirate, I've got enough of that in my private life."

Brand, who was linked to the role of Jack Sparrow's brother last year, added that the part is just a "possibility" at the moment.

Thread Information