Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor - General Discussion

haha I love number 12!

Cheryl does smile though!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Diana Vickers has admitted that she still has regrets about auditioning for The X Factor, despite making it to the finals.

The reality show contestant said that she is concerned about opening herself up to criticism at such a young age.

The Daily Mail quotes her as saying: "It is hard. Sometimes I do think I'm 17, and there's so much pressure anyway growing up.

"Now I'm growing up in the public eye and something bad will be said about me and I'll think, 'Why did I do this?'

"But that will last for literally five minutes and I get over it. Then I'm on stage on the Saturday night and all this amazing stuff happens and everything is worth it."

It was recently reported that more than 8,000 people have joined Facebook groups protesting the quirky movements of Diana's left hand.

JLS hunk Marvin Humes has got the eX Factor — after splitting with his girlfriend of five years.

The 23-year-old broke up with singer Jaime Jay, 27, last week.

He is the second X Factor hopeful to reveal that the pressures of appearing on the talent show had taken its toll.

Alexandra Burke has also ended a relationship.

Marvin said yesterday: “It’s something that was on the cards for a while. It was a mutual thing. We split up on good terms and we’re speaking every day. We were together for five years. She’s an amazing girl. We were very much in love with each other but it’s time to move on. We didn’t end it because we cheated, it was just a case of all good things coming to an end.”

Alexandra, 20, broke up with her fella last month to concentrate on winning the ITV1 hit.

The Londoner said: “He wasn’t expecting it and I wasn’t expecting it — it is what it is. He still helps me look after my mum.”

She also revealed her show mentor Cheryl Cole, 25, supported her through her decision — and told her to stick with it.

Alexandra said: “She thought it was the right thing to do.”

SHARON OSBOURNE today breaks her silence on leaving The X Factor – and claims she was driven out by “manipulative” Dannii Minogue.
    The show’s fiery ex-judge says she was bullied off the programme by the Aussie singer — who she insists is now trying to get rid of Louis Walsh in the same way.

In an explosive interview, Sharon also claims Dannii . . .

* Is as cold as an iceberg

* Acted like the teacher’s pet to boss Simon Cowell — but is furious that Cheryl Cole is now flavour of the month instead

* Never thanked Louis for a present he bought as a peace offering

* Needs to go to a reconstructive surgeon — because her plastic surgery is so BAD.

Sharon, 56, who is filming a new telly show in LA with husband Ozzy and children Jack and Kelly, quit The X Factor earlier this year and was replaced by Girls Aloud singer Cheryl, 25.

She refused to discuss her reasons for going at the time and flew straight to America to avoid doing any interviews about her resignation.

But now she has decided to spill the beans — because she is furious that her pal Louis is being accused of bullying Dannii over a bitter bust-up on last week’s show.

Dannii, 37, was left in floods of tears after Louis accused her of nicking Take That’s song Rule The World for her act Rachel Hylton when he wanted it for his own band, JLS.

Public sympathy for Dannii was high after the spat and Simon waded in and told 56-year-old Louis to kiss and make up with her.

But Sharon reckons it is Dannii who is the bully.

She says: “Louis is genuinely upset because he doesn’t want people to think he is a bully.

“It’s the last thing he is but that’s what people think when Dannii’s sitting like a porcelain doll with big fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

“People who don’t know Louis would be watching and thinking, ‘That poor girl!’ But there are two sides to the story. This has been building up for months.

“It’s a very emotional show to work on and everyone wants their act to win. But there is a point where you have to be fair and say, ‘You had that song picked out weeks ago, you have it’.

“Dannii’s got great timing and knows when to pull out the sympathy card. She didn’t cry when JLS came knocking at her door to ask for the song, did she? Her tears were only on live TV.

“Louis has Tourette’s — he has no filter — so he says whatever he thinks. He’s confrontational but he’s not malicious and he’s not a bully.

“I’m not just saying this because I love him. I never answered back to her interviews last year, I took all her *******, I kept my mouth shut. But I have to stand up for Louis.

“He’s in bed with flu this week — this whole situation is making him sick. Believe me, I know, because I’ve been that way.

“I got physically sick with the stress and the pressure. Nothing is worth that. I went through so much hurt and that was the biggest factor in me leaving The X Factor. Dannii was 99.9 per cent of the reason. I couldn’t take that in my life.”

Rumours of a rift began soon after Simon, 49, hired Dannii when he spotted her on the judging panel of Australia’s Got Talent.

Insiders claimed Sharon was put out by Dannii’s arrival and was freezing her out on set. Then Dannii was quoted as saying Sharon didn’t like her because: “I’m younger and prettier”, while Sharon launched an attack on her rival on The Graham Norton Show.

Dannii accused Sharon and Louis of bullying her, but Sharon insists she was the victim, adding: “She’s petite, she’s little, she’s got these big doll’s eyes.

“There’s the perception she’s the sweetest little thing in the world but she’s not. She’s a woman of the world. She’s got balls of steel.

“We didn’t talk that much during the auditions because we have nothing in common, and it was difficult to get to know her because she was always up Simon’s ar*e and trying to be teacher’s pet. She was always at his side, like a little stray dog.

“Her eyes turned brown she had her head so far up his backside.

“There’s a gap after auditions where you don’t see each other. When we came back for the live shows it all kicked off.

“I’d been reading all these things she’d said about me and I asked her, ‘Why are you giving me all this *******? Why are you saying I’m jealous of you because you’re better looking and younger?’

“But instead of having an adult conversation about it she just cried and never said a word. She is not confrontational. I confronted her a few times but she really doesn’t like it and goes into the baby hissy fit thing and sulks instead of saying, ‘OK, if that’s the way you feel, maybe we can fix it’.

“The next week the director wanted me to sort it out so I said to her, ‘What do you want me to do to make this work? I will walk over hot coals, will that make this better?’ She just stared at me like an iceberg, she never said a word.

“Eventually, in December I went to see Simon and the show’s executive producer, Richard Holloway, and said the stress was too much and I couldn’t do it any more.

“Who wants to get up and go to work and have an iceberg sit next to you with vibes that are so unhealthy? Waking up and thinking, ‘What’s she going to say about me in the papers today?’

“Showing her t*ts in some paper, saying I’m bullying her again. It was like Groundhog Day.”

Sharon admits she hoped to be kept on rather than Dannii, but Simon and Richard accepted her resignation. But she insists she is not bitter — though she admits she would consider an offer if she was asked back on the show in Dannii’s place, as has been rumoured.

She says: “I’ve so much going on in the US at the moment. But nobody’s asked me.”

Sharon is also keen to set the record straight about her “jealousy” of Dannii and says: “Why would I compare myself to her?

“There is nothing she has that I would be jealous of. I have a husband, children, my dogs and lots of houses and wonderful holidays.

“When she said she was younger and prettier than me, yes, it was humiliating. But I love my age, I embrace it. It’s never been a big deal for me. If you haven’t lived as somebody who thrives on their looks, it really doesn’t matter.

It just goes to show what goes through someone’s head to say something like that. Getting older probably would affect her. It’s important to her, but it’s absolutely not important to me. When her looks go, what has she got? She hasn’t got a voice.

“Look up plastic surgery on Google and I probably come up straight away. I’m extremely proud of my plastic surgery.

“I would be willing to give her a number for a reconstructive surgeon if she wants one. She’s a beautiful woman but her surgery isn’t the best I’ve ever seen.”

Warming to her theme, Sharon insists Dannii is the jealous one — jealous of newcomer Cheryl, who has replaced her in Simon’s affections. She says: “As an outsider looking in — and I am an outsider now — it’s the Simon and Cheryl show. When you were teacher’s pet and you come back to class and you’re no longer teacher’s pet, she must be hurting.

“She’s not the pretty one sitting next to Simon any more. She’s sitting next to old Louis!

“But it’s not Louis’s fault that Cheryl’s taken her place and people adore her.

“Louis tried to make it better with Dannii this year. Last year he bought her a Christmas present but an assistant grabbed it from him and closed the door in his face — he didn’t get a thank you, nothing. And it’s the same now.

“She obviously still sees Louis as being my friend and wants to get rid of him too.

“But if she’s really having a hard time now, it’s her own doing. The karma truck has well and truly parked outside her house.”

I so wish she would come back

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-11-2008)

im really pleased she has finally decided to speak - there are two sides to every story, and sharon wouldnt kick off without cause

i like sharon a lot more than danni wish she could come back in her place
    Maisie Mouse

Good on Sharon for giving her side of the story. Dannii needs to go and bring back Sharon next year.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

*-Rooney-* (29-11-2008)

We love you Mrs O! Simon, please bring her back next year and get rid of that sap Danni!!!!
    Last edited by Bryan; 28-11-2008 at 11:11.

Axed X Factor star Daniel Evans has admitted that he felt inadequate compared to his rival contestants.

The 38-year-old pool cleaner struggled to win praise from the judges throughout his stint on the ITV1 talent show. He also found it difficult to be away from his young daughter while he lived in the X Factor house.

Evans eventually became the first act to be eliminated from Dannii Minogue's 'Over 25s' category in the competition's sixth week.

"There were times when I just wanted to go home and hold baby Ana, but Dannii picked me up," Evans told Hello! magazine. "She told me I could phone her any time, day or night. When I was filled with self-doubt and in awe of the other contestants, she advised me to ignore everyone else and never watch their rehearsals."

He added: "I loved working with Dannii. She was the only mentor who'd turn up for our routining sessions on Sunday mornings. I used to help the camera crew lift their equipment and she got to hear about it. She sent me a text saying: 'You inspire me'. I'll save that message forever."

Sinitta recently suggested that Minogue was wrong to pick Evans for the show, claiming that he "couldn't sing".

Sinitta has revealed that she would not have put Daniel Evans in the final 12 of this year's X Factor.
    The singer criticised Dannii Minogue's selection of the 38-year-old, who was voted off the show two weeks ago, as well as Louis Walsh's decision to put Bad Lashes and Girlband through to the live shows.

"If I were a judge I would not have picked Daniel just because he could not sing. Nice guy, but no," she said.

Sinitta then picked Ruth Lorenzo as the act she would least like to see win the contest, saying: "People will kill me for that and I do love her but I think as an overall popstar I think the others are more right for X Factor."

The contestants will sing songs by Britney Spears on tonight's show ahead of the star's performance of new single 'Womanizer'.

The X Factor airs at 7.35pm and 10.15pm on ITV1.

I have to disagree with Sinitta on Daniel Evans. If he couldn't sing, he wouldn't have made it past the audition stages! In my opinion, I thought he was a very good singer and quite talented and I felt the only problem was he didn't really fit the image that the X Factor now has (the styling he recieved from the stylists on the show didn't help!) and he struggled to appeal to one demographic or one part of the audience, meaning he probably would have struggled to have sold records if he got a contract.

Bad Lashes and Girlband were too similar, I think which led to their downfall.

Thread Information