Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Johnson

EastEnders producer John Yorke has revealed that Don Gilet was "ecstatic" about his character Lucas Johnson's murderous personality.

Yorke was responding to criticisms from author and journalist Hannah Pool, who claimed that writers turned Lucas into a killer with little reasoning.

Pool had suggested: "When Lucas first appeared and as a man of the cloth, I was really interested because religion plays a big part in many black communities.

"But then he started killing people and my heart sank. I thought, 'When you have so few black male characters, is this really the best you can do?'

"EastEnders very nearly had a credible, working black family and they ruined it by making Lucas a murderer. I feel that a whole family has been written off."

Yorke said in response: "If you look at the history of Afro-Caribbean men on British TV, the early days saw them almost universally cast as 'villains'.

"In the more enlightened '80s things started to change, and in a bid to correct that bias they tended to mean 'boring'."

He continued: "When Gary Beadle was cast as Paul Trueman, he actually hugged me and said, 'Thank God I can be a *******!' When we discussed Lucas's storyline with Don Gilet, he was ecstatic.

"It struck me then how ironic it was that the good intentions of the white liberal media had the effect of denying black men interesting roles.

"While you have to be careful about representation, if all actors aren't allowed equal rights to play whatever stories come up, then a whole new type of far more insidious racism comes into place."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-07-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Not necessarily. Will anyone other than Lucas see who is in the coffin?
    I would think at least some of the family go to see the body at a funeral parlour. Or maybe they don't do that in some cases?

They might be advised not to if the body is badly decomposed or the face has been badly injured and not everyone wants to

As some one pointed out , Lucas would not say that was his wife on the slab , if it was someone else. The cops already know what Denise looks like, they had her in for an interview and had seen her at home before that too, bottom line Lucas strangled her and then dumped her body in the canal, the autopsy will tell the cops that she was murdered

If it was a different body on the slab and Lucas had said , yes that is my wife denise , the cops would have had him on the spot. Why would he say that was his wife if it had been someone else .. he would have been found out

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    As some one pointed out , Lucas would not say that was his wife on the slab , if it was someone else. The cops already know what Denise looks like, they had her in for an interview and had seen her at home before that too, bottom line Lucas strangled her and then dumped her body in the canal, the autopsy will tell the cops that she was murdered

If it was a different body on the slab and Lucas had said , yes that is my wife denise , the cops would have had him on the spot. Why would he say that was his wife if it had been someone else .. he would have been found out
    I think he would, as he is not like most people, and if he says she's dead he can put the blame onto her for Owen's murder.

well looking at the magazines in asda today and it looks like his next victim is patrick
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    well looking at the magazines in asda today and it looks like his next victim is patrick
    Yes I think Patrick could be next or he will frame Patrick for part of Owen's death

There's going to be no-one left in that family soon...
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

So anyway, to sum up my thoughts on where we are at the moment.

1. Either the body is not Denise, in which case the police would know that as they have seen her or
    2. The body is Denise and a post-mortem would show she was strangled before drowning.

Either way the current storyline just doesn't add up.
    Last edited by parkerman; 16-07-2010 at 10:19.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-07-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Yes I think Patrick could be next or he will frame Patrick for part of Owen's death
    Hope he doesn't kill Patrick.

Thread Information