Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Fitzgerald

Neighbours mechanic Lucas Fitzgerald collapses at work later this month, sparking fresh fears over his health.

The worrying incident occurs after Lucas (Scott Major) heads back to the garage earlier than planned, wanting to concentrate on bringing in enough cash to give fiancée Vanessa Villante the wedding of her dreams.

With Vanessa believing that Lucas should be resting after his radiotherapy, he decides to keep her in the dark about what he's doing.

After a hard day's work in which an over-tired Lucas almost causes an accident, he finally pays the price when he collapses in pain - and there's nobody around to help him.

When Lucas is finally found by his employee Chris Pappas, he is rushed to hospital and everyone fears that his cancer has returned and spread. Does Lucas have another health crisis to worry about?

Lucas collapses at the garage.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas collapses at the garage.

Lucas falls unconscious.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas falls unconscious.

Lucas falls unconscious.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas falls unconscious.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, July 24 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-07-2013), tammyy2j (15-07-2013)

Neighbours Scott Major has revealed that he was initially upset over the decision to write his character out of the show.

It was announced earlier this month that Major, who has been in the show for over five years, had filmed his final scenes as Lucas Fitzgerald.

Major told What's on TV: "The producers actually called me in and told me they felt my character, Lucas, had run his course.

"When I first found out, it was a bit like a girlfriend breaking up with you when you're not ready to break up. 'I'm still into this relationship, how can you not want me?!'

"But in the same conversation they said they didn't want me to leave the building and offered me the chance to direct some episodes of Neighbours.

"It's a big compliment, and I'm happy with that. Directing is a big challenge and I love a good challenge."

Speaking about Lucas's exit storyline, Major added: "I am happy the writers have stayed true to Lucas and given me a massive challenge on the way out.

"Lucas goes down a very dark road before his exit. That was a massive challenge for me as an actor, and I loved it."

Lucas was introduced to the soap in July 2008 as the younger brother of Daniel Fitzgerald. His major storylines have included a gambling addiction, taking part in illegal street racing and being diagnosed with testicular cancer.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-07-2013), Ruffed_lemur (24-07-2013), tammyy2j (24-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours Scott Major has revealed that he was initially upset over the decision to write his character out of the show.
    I don't agree that Lucas had run his course at all

It's the writers' jobs to keep finding stories for good, well-liked actors who are happy to stay.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-07-2013), Perdita (23-07-2013), Ruffed_lemur (24-07-2013), tammyy2j (24-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I don't agree that Lucas had run his course at all

It's the writers' jobs to keep finding stories for good, well-liked actors who are happy to stay.
    I don't think he'd run his course either, how strange! So disappointed with this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-07-2013)

Awwww that's a shame... he has interesting scenes coming up with losing all his money, so it'll be interesting how hw bows out.... surely not cancer again... like Romeo on H&A...? lol

Neighbours fans were shocked earlier this month as it was confirmed that Scott Major had finished filming his role as Lucas Fitzgerald.

After five years of drama for Lucas, the Erinsborough mechanic will be bowing out later this year - but not before another big storyline for the popular character.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Scott to hear his thoughts on his Neighbours exit and his future career plans.

How are you feeling now that your time at Neighbours has come to an end?
    "It was a wonderful, wonderful experience, and I loved every second of working on the show. There just wasn't space for young Lucas. They've been lovely enough to offer me directing work on the show, so I will be staying within the doors of the Neighbours production."

Would you have liked to stay on the show for longer in terms of acting?
    "Well, it wasn't my choice to leave - they decided it was time to go. Look to be honest, it felt a little bit like a girlfriend breaking up with you when you weren't ready to finish the relationship. But I think everything happens for a reason. The next stage moving into directing is going to open many doors for me in the future, and I appreciate every minute of every day I work on the show."

So would you say that directing is your main passion, or is it acting?
    "Acting will always be my main passion."

And then directing after?
    "Yeah, yeah, I love creating television and film. I love creating drama, not in my personal life, more in my professional life. So any element of that is great, but I think I'll always be doing plays, always doing acting somewhere along the line."

We often see Neighbours characters come back after they've left, so would you be interested in returning as Lucas if the opportunity arose?
    "Absolutely, if the opportunity arose and was feasible, I would love to come back and work on the show again as Lucas Fitzgerald, or another character, who knows? I might be able to come back as someone else."

What was your last day filming like? Did Neighbours give you a good send-off and a leaving party?
    "I threw my own leaving party! I got some lovely gifts, so they were very nice to me. Lots of people turned up to the party, so that was lovely. The last day was very, very emotional."

You must have made some great friendships with the cast and crew.
    "Yeah, everyone says it, but the crew that you work with every day, really are your family. I didn't think I'd break on the last day, and I kind of did, but I sort of didn't. My voice went very high, a very high voice and I didn't quite know what to say! (Laughs.) So yes, it was extremely emotional."

We're sure you can't give too much away, but were you pleased with what the producers came up with for your exit story?
    "I think it was a massive challenge what they gave me. It was great to explore the darker side of Lucas Fitzgerald. I can't say enough how much I appreciate the respect that the producers showed me. Lucas will be very busy for his last few weeks on air. You'll see a lot of him. And you'll question what you know about him."

Will your directing work on the show be full-time?
    "It will be full-time, yeah, until around February I think so far. As long as I don't stuff it up totally, I might hang around a bit longer!"

You did a few of Steph's webisodes, didn't you?
    "Yeah I did all of Steph's webisodes, though I was only editor of those. They seemed to be fairly popular, and the producers were happy with those. It was great to be part of. It was a bit different to Neighbours obviously, and that's the point of webisodes I guess, to tell a different story in a different way.

"Now I'm really looking forward to the challenge of producing six episodes of TV every week. It'll be a big challenge. So I'm looking forward, I'm really looking forward to working with the actors from a director's point of view. Hopefully I'll be bringing something new, and putting a little bit of my own stamp on the show."

Which storyline has been your favourite to play?
    "I think one of the biggest challenges was when they killed off Lucas's father nine months after my own father died. That was a big challenge for me. Also the testicular cancer storyline, I sort of grabbed that as an opportunity to raise awareness.

"I also liked the long-running storylines of gambling addiction. It gave a bit of reality to the fact that when you're an addict you're not just an addict for a week, you're an addict for life, and it's always going to be just tapping you on the shoulder.

"The stuff I have done with Alin, or Vanessa as you know her, was also fantastic, and I really do love the relationship of Sonya and Lucas. I think that's a really lovely friendship."

There are some great dramas being made here in the UK and in the US. Would you be interested in doing some more work overseas?
    "I would love to do some work in the UK, please write that in big letters! I really love the dramas that England produces, and you know the high end of America produces some wonderful stuff too. But you never know what's going to happen. A lot of Australians have headed over to LA and that's what they're all doing, so there is somewhat of a glut of Australian actors over in LA at the moment.

"I would love to work in the UK, I would love to work in America. I also have a little bit of a pipedream - going and living and working in France. Of course I don't speak the language just yet. I'm learning, but that's probably the first thing on the list to do before I try and go over there and get acting work."

Finally, how would you like Lucas to be remembered by the fans?
    "As good bloke and someone you'd like to have a beer with."

Neighbours mechanic Lucas Fitzgerald will suffer big losses as he starts gambling again in a new storyline.

Lucas has previously overcome a gambling addiction, but slips back into his old ways as he struggles with debt problems.

The latest crisis for Lucas leads to him agreeing to play poker with bad boy Robbo Slade (Aaron Jakubenko).

Scott Major, who recently filmed his final scenes as Lucas, told TV Week: "He's under a heap of financial pressure. He's put a deposit on a new apartment, the Ramsay Street house hasn't sold and there's another baby on the way.

"When Lucas comes into some money, he's tempted by Robbo to join a high-stakes poker game."

Lucas receives a confidence boost when he wins his first game, but when his pregnant fiancée Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata) suffers a health scare, he decides that he needs more money to pay for private medical treatment.

Unfortunately, this time Robbo decides to fix the game, setting Lucas up for a huge fall.

Major added: "Lucas has no hope of winning thanks to the fixed game Robbo is playing, and he ends up in debt."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours mechanic Lucas Fitzgerald will suffer big losses as he starts gambling again in a new storyline.
    Looks like Lucas won't have a happy exit

Neighbours mechanic Lucas Fitzgerald slips back into old habits on UK screens next month as he starts gambling again.

Lucas (Scott Major) decides to join a high-stakes poker game after becoming increasingly worried over his troubled financial situation.

When bad boy Robbo Slade (Aaron Jakubenko) shows up and reveals that he runs the game, Lucas gets cold feet but ultimately agrees to stay as he is running out of options.

Lucas succumbs to his gambling addiction once more.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas succumbs to his gambling addiction once more

Robbo gets Lucas to stay and take part in the game.
    © Channel 5
    Robbo gets Lucas to stay and take part in the game

The stakes are high for Lucas.
    © Channel 5
    The stakes are high for Lucas.

Fortunately for Lucas, the game goes his way and when he wins a huge hand, he has enough self-control to know that it's time to quit while he's ahead.

Robbo is quick to goad Lucas and suggests that he'll be back for another game in no time. Battling against his gambling addiction, will Lucas have the strength to resist?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-08-2013)

Neighbours' Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante show their love for each other with an unofficial wedding later this month, but their big day is interrupted by a shock arrest.

The happy couple have to make do with a commitment ceremony once they learn that Vanessa is still married to her ex-partner Alek Pocoli.

Even though it's not an official wedding, Lucas (Scott Major) and Vanessa's (Alin Sumarwata) celebratory event is heartfelt and moving as they exchange their vows in front of their delighted friends and neighbours.

Lucas and Vanessa tie the knot.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas and Vanessa tie the knot.

Lucas and Vanessa make their vows.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas and Vanessa make their vows.

Lucas kisses his bride.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas kisses his bride.

Lucas and Vanessa are congratulated.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas and Vanessa are congratulated.

Lucas and Vanessa enjoy their first dance as man and wife.
    © Channel 5
    Lucas and Vanessa enjoy their first dance.

The 'wedding' itself goes off without a hitch, but as the subsequent party begins, the locals are shocked by the sudden appearance of the police who are investigating Robbo Slade's fatal hit and run.

Following a breakthrough in the case, the detectives are ready to arrest the real killer…

The police gate crash the wedding.
    © Channel 5
    The police gate crash the wedding.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, October 15 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (06-10-2013)

Thread Information