Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Fitzgerald

Lucas Fitzgerald

Lucas Fitzgerald is Dan's brother

He takes a romantic interest in Libby (who Dan also has feelings for) and also Elle Robinson

He is played by Scott Major

He played the first Darren Stark in Neighbours and also Peter Rivers in Heartbreak High

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

mikkimoo (05-11-2008)

I thought i recognised him from the past

Desperate Dan Fitzgerald plants a smacker on teacher Libby Kennedy when he finally decides she’s the woman for him.

Despite trying to make a go of it with his wife Sam, Dan (Brett Tucker, 36) realises Libby is the girl of his dreams and decides to do something about it.

So he tracks her down at school and kisses her passionately.

But instead of melting in his arms, his actions earn him a stinging slap from the babe (Kym Valentine, 31) who is
    furious he’s trying it on after dumping her.

Libby has also got someone else on her mind in the shape of sexy Lucas.

However, she has no idea the two men are brothers. An insider said: “The poor girl hasn’t had much luck in the men stakes recently and she’s furious when she finds out they are related.

“She thinks they have been playing her from the start and if either of them want a future with her then they have a lot of making up to do.”

NEIGHBOURS hunk Dan Fitzgerald proves his love for Libby Kennedy tonight.

Libby (Kym Valentine, 31) has always wanted to be principal at Erinsborough High, so Dan steps out of the running for the position.

Brett Tucker, 36, who plays Dan, said: “He’d do anything to make Libby happy.”

The lass is furious at first, but her anger turns to passion as the couple enjoy a saucy romp.

I really like Lucas and elle

Scott Major has predicted that his Neighbours character Lucas Fitzgerald will always be tempted to get up to no good.

The actor's alter ego has previously battled a gambling addiction and is currently at the centre of an illegal street racing storyline on UK screens.

Speaking to Holy Soap about the mechanic's future, Major explained: "I think Lucas would like to think he could be on the straight and narrow, but there is always going to be something in him that will push him toward something more edgy."

However, Major also confirmed that viewers will see Lucas try to make amends in the coming months by providing support to others who are in need.

He said: "Lucas will embrace his life and try to make it up to others for things he has done in the past.

"Also for the first time he is in a family environment and becomes a pseudo guardian of the Ramsays and he also has other friends that are in need and he will be there for them."

Major has played the role of Lucas for almost three years.

DS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2011)

Interview with Scott Major

Lucas's street racing storyline has given you a chance to explore the darker side of the character again. Do you enjoy those chances to show Lucas's edgy side?
    "Absolutely. As an actor, it would be quite boring to play the good guy all the time and I love playing Lucas when he's being the bad boy. The storyline itself has allowed us to go to new locations - something different - and the good thing about the storyline initially for me was that it was initially Lucas on his own."

What's his main motivation for the street racing - the money involved, the excitement, or his heartbreak over Steph's departure?
    "Lucas has many layers. Before Steph went away, he was prepared to settle down with her and almost embrace suburban life. But when she went away to jail, he changed and perhaps rebelled a little against suburban life and wanted a rush, because suburban life doesn't seem to work for him - Elle went to New York, Steph went to jail - not a happy ending!"

Why is Lucas so reluctant to throw races?
    "Lucas, for better or worse, is very proud. He races to win, that's all he does. If he was in it for the money, he would fix the race. But he is in it for the rush - the adrenaline he gets from racing."

What happens next?
    "We've seen him refuse to throw a race, and the consequences of that are quite drastic for Ramsay Street and Lucas physically. Then he does throw a race because he was backed into a corner and did what he could do to survive and also protect those around him."

But then he makes an ultimatum that he'll race one last time on his own terms…
    "Yes, this is after the race he is forced into throwing. He wants one more race and definitely doesn't want to go out a loser. Lucas is in a very steep downward spiral and unless something pulls him up soon, it could all end in tears."

With Steph gone, if one person on the street could help Lucas out of this mess, who would it be?
    "It would be Sonya because we share a gambling addiction and we open up to each other a lot, so Sonya would certainly have some influence over him."

What's in store for Lucas in the longer term and what are you filming at the moment?
    "I have a few glimpses of where Lucas is heading and there are still more dark times for him to navigate through later in the year. At the moment, what we are filming is Lucas back to being a bit naughty and cheeky, and also helping his close friends out who are going through dire troubles."

Many Neighbours fans look back fondly on Lucas's relationship with Elle. Are you the same and are you still in touch with Pippa Black?
    "Yes, I'm still in touch with Pippa and I definitely miss the Elle and Lucas storylines, particularly all the Erinsborough News stuff together. There was a lot of comedy involved but it also came across as a very deep love."

What have you and the Neighbours team made of the show's channel change from Ten to Eleven back home?
    "It doesn't impact on us greatly as we still do the same work, however personally I think in the public domain it has put the focus back on the show and given it new energy. It's on a network with a demographic that wants to watch Neighbours so it can only be a good thing. Also, it's the way of the future. Up until now here in Australia, we've only had five free-to-air channels to choose from - now we have nearly a dozen and viewers have embraced these new options. I think we've come up trumps."

You've recently been doing some directing on Neighbours, working with a mentor director. How's it all going?
    "It's going very well - I have another episode which I directed coming up soon and I'm about to start work on a few more."

You've previously done some writing for theatre - would you ever consider doing any writing for TV, or even Neighbours itself?
    "I have actually put in a submission to the writing department to write an episode and I've also written a six-part TV series set in Camden, London which some producers over in the UK are looking at, so I definitely would like to pursue TV writing."

Finally, if you could give us one cryptic hint on future developments for Lucas, what would it be?
    "Lucas's luck will change but only through tragedy…"

DS
    Last edited by alan45; 11-03-2011 at 00:43.

Cool Exclusive: 'Neighbours' star Scott Major promises big Lucas plots

Neighbours star Scott Major has revealed that the soap will be revisiting his character's edgier side next year.

The actor's alter ego Lucas Fitzgerald has previously fought a gambling addiction and been involved in illegal street racing, but has recently seemed to be back on the straight and narrow.

However, speaking to Digital Spy, Major warned of big drama ahead for Lucas in the show's 2012 storylines.

Asked whether viewers have seen the back of Lucas's darker side, he replied: "God, I hope not! I know we haven't seen the end. There is a lot planned for next year where you see the other side of Lucas and it's not pretty."

Major added that he is planning to stick with Neighbours for the foreseeable future. He is currently balancing his soap commitments with directing and starring in a self-penned play in Melbourne.

"[I'll stay] while I keep enjoying it," he explained. "At the moment, I still love working on the show and look forward to coming to work every day. I have a ball. I keep my outside interests active as well, which keeps me fresh."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-11-2011), kaz21 (09-11-2011)

Scott Major has had to strip off once again for a forthcoming scene in Neighbours.
    The actor, who plays unlucky-in-love Lucas Fitzgerald in the Aussie soap, had to bare all apart from a strategically-placed toolbox for a scene with guest star Freya Stafford, who plays Emilia Jovanovic.
    "It was a very funny scene to shoot because Freya was laughing about the size of the toolbox which I actually thought was quite impressive," Scott told the soap's official website.
    The scene, which hits our screens in February, sees Lucas in the buff in the garage in an attempt to convince Emilia he's comfortable being naked.
    Luckily Scott is no stranger to stripping off.
    He said: "It's definitely a recurring theme and in fact, my first scene on Neighbours as Lucas I was chained naked to a pole."

Neighbours star Scott Major has teased that his character Lucas Fitzgerald will have his world turned upside down in the New Year.

The actor revealed that Lucas will receive a huge shock in 2012 which could ultimately have a positive impact on his life.

Major told Channel 5: "Lucas is about to be hit with the biggest surprise which is going to rock his world initially, but could be the best thing that has ever happened to him."

Meanwhile, asked to name his favourite storylines from 2011, he replied: "Lucas coping with the death of his father was really interesting to play and the crazy girlfriend Michelle stuff, which was really fun."

Last month, Major told Digital Spy that Lucas's edgier side could be revisited in 2012.

"There is a lot planned for next year where you see the other side of Lucas and it's not pretty," he said at the time.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Thread Information