Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Law + Order UK

DERVLA Kirwan has made a remarkable recovery since Christmas, when she exploded into a billion pieces (approximately) on the Doctor Who festive special.

Tonight she shows up for a guest appearance in episode two, playing a defence solicitor who’s about to give the CPS team a seriously hard time in the courtroom.

Why? How?

Well, because her hard-nosed character intends to put together one of the boldest defence cases you could imagine – one which, if she manages to pull it off, looks likely to turn the whole British legal system upside down.

On a more personal level, she also happens to be an old flame of James, so he’s not entirely unfamiliar with the way she operates.

Another brilliant episode tonight. A very dramatic and emotional conclusion. The woman who played the victim's mother acted out her emotion very strongly indeed. All the characters felt so 'real' yet again. I was completely drawn in.

Loving this series

I love this program. Are there any plans to bring it out on DVD?

Monday's episode was brilliant. Difficult to watch in parts but that's what made it so good.

I loved the episode where the boy was tried on murder and the defence's case was that he was genetically predisposed to comit crime.
    Thanks CrazyLea

ITV1 has commissioned Law & Order: UK for a 13-episode second series, it has announced.

The first series, starring Freema Agyeman, Jamie Bamber and Bradley Walsh, opened its seven-episode run with strong ratings earlier this year. The second half of the series is yet to air.

Series two will see the return of the original cast and will go into production later this year.

"This new commission brings our total order to 26 episodes, which demonstrates our commitment to series that have concepts and storylines that can run long-term," said ITV's Laura Mackie.

"Audiences clearly loved the first series, which featured the cream of British acting talent with gripping 'torn from the headlines' storylines, and this will again be at the heart of the new series."

Series creator Dick Wolf added: "This is a great day for the Law & Order brand. On the heels of the original Law and Order tying Gunsmoke's all time drama series record of 20 years, and Law and Order: SVU's renewal for season 11, it's wonderful to have pick-ups on both sides of the Atlantic."

Watched the opening episode and I was a little put off by Bradley Walsh so never watched the rest of the series. Did I miss a good series?

I never seen it either as it clashed with 24 hopefully itv will repeat the first series.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I hope they repeat it which is likely as I need to see what I missed

When are they going to show the second half of the first series?

Hannelene, you can catch up on the first series here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (04-07-2009)

i thought it was a great series and bradley walsh was great in it cant wait for the rest of the series

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    When are they going to show the second half of the first series?

Hannelene, you can catch up on the first series here
    Thanks I will!

Thread Information