Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan)

bet she wished she'd stayed on the cobbles now:

BREAKING NEWS
    Swansea winger Scott Sinclair to undergo a medical at Manchester City after the clubs agree a fee of £6.2m.

The 23-year-old has agreed a four-year contract at the Etihad and is expected to complete the deal later today.

Hope to goodness she doesn't come back ,absolute nightmare.

I liked Rawsie. She needs to com back Eva is a poor replacement.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Former Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has hit back at critics who have branded her a "talentless bimbo".

In an interview with The People, the actress - who left the soap in February - admitted that people often assume she is like her old character Rosie Webster.

"Sometimes people write nasty things about me but I don't take it to heart. I'm just used to it," she told the paper.

"I'm not a bitch, don't spend my boyfriend's money. I have my own money. Some people say I'm a *'talentless bimbo' but I think they have the wrong impression of me.

"You know Rosie, my character from Corrie? People think I'm like that.

"But she was just a character," explained Flanagan. "People have a misconception of who you are but it's not true."

The 22-year-old revealed that she was frustrated by people thinking she left the soap to pursue the WAG lifestyle with footballer boyfriend Scott Sinclair.

"When I left Corrie I think people thought it was because I just wanted to be with my boyfriend," she said, "and that isn't the case at all. I left because I needed to move on. I really needed to find myself.

"My boyfriend just happens to play football and I support him in his job," she continued. "And I have my own *direction, my own career, my own goals."

Flanagan also admitted that joining the soap at the age of ten meant that she didn't really have time to choose her own path in life.

"I remember when [I left school to concentrate on Coronation Street] I was 16," she said. "I just wasn't in the right place, I couldn't concentrate... I wasn't off the rails but I was a little bit crazy.

"It was the wrong time for me," Flanagan explained, "but since leaving Corrie I've been keeping my options open. I'm going back to my old school, Westholme in Blackburn. The *principal is amazing and she said I could do my A Levels privately."

She continued: "I'm enrolling to do history, *psychology and religious studies. Those are the subjects I really enjoyed when I was younger and I'm looking forward to *focusing my mind.

"It's easy to get wrapped up in make-up and *fashion," she admitted. "Now I'm looking forward to *focusing on something that really matters in life."

Helen Flanagan has revealed that she quit Coronation Street due to a bout of depression.

The Rosie Webster actress, who stood down from her Weatherfield role last October, explained that she felt "trapped" on the show she had been part of for 11 years.

Flanagan, who has relocated to Australia to compete on this year's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, is quoted as saying in this week's Reveal magazine: "I've suffered from depression.

"It was the main reason I had to leave Coronation Street. I was down and it was very intense - I don't think I was very well.

"I wasn't happy there any more. I wanted to find my own identity and I didn't feel free - I couldn't be myself or do what I wanted to do.

"I like to think I'm strong, but I really struggled. My head was in such a state that I wanted to run away, without thinking where I'd go or how I'd get there."

Helen Flanagan should be a warning to any other parents who think it's a good idea to let their children grow up on the set of a soap opera. Self obsessed, thick as two short planks, doesn't know how to do basic things like washing towells (she sends them to the dry cleaners apparently) or look after her own hair (hairdressers every other day, just to get it blow dried) - the list goes on and hopefully her parents are ashamed of themsekves when they watch her on I'm a non-entity, get me out of here. I can only imagine what the lad who plays Simon Barlow will be like when he's "grown up" - he's already given adult style lines despite his young age. Lost in Showbiz is the phrase that sums it up. If you doubt what I'm saying, just take a look at Adam Rickett (the young Nick Tilsley) when he's next on your tv screen!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

alan45 (23-11-2012), Chloe O'brien (25-11-2012), Glen1 (23-11-2012), parkerman (23-11-2012), Siobhan (23-11-2012), tammyy2j (21-01-2013)

Absolutely spot on Brucie, Iv'e always been staggered by the massive salaries and fees some of these talentless young actors get paid, they must think the viewing public are a load of muppets.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Brucie (26-11-2012)

Helen Flanagan has claimed that the Coronation Street cast and crew used to laugh at her on the set.

The I'm a Celebrity star believes writers destroyed her self-confidence when giving her character Rosie Webster "silly costumes".

Flanagan told the Daily Mail: "I felt people were taking the mickey out of me. I felt Rosie had become a cartoon character and I wasn't being taken seriously.

"At times, when I was asked to wear silly costumes, I felt a bit degraded and demoralised and there were times when I ran off set because I couldn't stand it anymore."

She continued: "I just wanted to be myself. I wanted to get rid of this sexy image. I felt I was being laughed at.

"I thought people at work didn't like me anymore and considered me a drama queen, a brattish diva, but I was severely depressed. I was crying my eyes out all the time.

"Eventually, someone at work pulled me aside and said, 'I really don't think you can do this anymore', because I was not well at all."

The actress pinpointed one particular moment of upset, recalling: "Once, on Corrie, I had to do this really sexy scene with loads of dialogue. I'd hardly been sleeping and couldn't concentrate so I was struggling to remember the words.

"I was wearing a bra and knickers, feeling very self-conscious, going through really bad depression. I felt knackered and just burst into tears. It was too much pressure."

Flanagan stood down from Corrie in October 2011 before her character departed Weatherfield in February 2012.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Flanagan told the Daily Mail: "I felt people were taking the mickey out of me. I felt Rosie had become a cartoon character and I wasn't being taken seriously.

"At times, when I was asked to wear silly costumes, I felt a bit degraded and demoralised and there were times when I ran off set because I couldn't stand it anymore."
    No, it's because you can't act and they had to make you play yourself. And was it so degrading that you somehow had to force yourself to parade about on I'm A Celebrity in just a bra, along with all those photoshoots you do now?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

No, it's because you can't act and they had to make you play yourself. And was it so degrading that you somehow had to force yourself to parade about on I'm A Celebrity in just a bra, along with all those photoshoots you do now?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information