Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Relief 2009 - Red Nose Day 13/03/09

Comic Relief 2009 - Red Nose Day 13/03/09

David Tennant will be hosting this year's Red Nose Day alongside Davina McCall on 13 March."It's going to be fantastic. There has always been a sense that Comic Relief is about everyone being able to join in," said the Doctor Who actor. "We can all help to make sure as much cash goes to all the people who need it most." Other highlights of this year's show will include Duncan Bannatyne and Peter Jones of Dragons' Den partnering on a Strictly Come Dancing Special and the stars of Gavin And Stacey releasing the comedy single Barry Islands In The Stream.

I heard The Saturdays are doing the single for it
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

DAVID TENNANT Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    DAVID TENNANT Yay.
    My thoughts exactly
    And Davinaaa
    And Gavin and Stacey YAY!

I can't wait

I was that excited by David Tennant i didn't actually read the rest of the post - GAVIN AND STACEY Im looking forward to it now!

Oooooooh! Just realised that's the weekend I'm seeing Lily Allen

I heard aaaaaaages ago that they've dumped Comic Relief does Fame Academy and are doing a celebrity version of Britain's Next Top Model.. I don't know if it's true though

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David Tennant!!!
    Yay!

Celebrities including Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh have voiced BT's speaking clock to raise money for Comic Relief.

The Girls Aloud bandmates have been joined in the fundraising initiative by Gary Barlow, Chris Moyles and Fearne Cotton.

When callers dial 123 they will be told the time by one of the celebs, whose voices will be randomly selected, reports PA.

A further mystery guest will feature in the run-up to Red Nose Day on March 13.

BT will donate 10p from every speaking clock call made from a BT fixed line in the UK up to March 23.

As well as stating the time, each celebrity will replace the 'pips' with their own special sound.

you can call 123, to find out the time?

BLUE Peter’s legends are reuniting for a Comic Relief dance special — but scandal-hit John Leslie has been left out.

Former presenters Peter Duncan, Peter Purves, Janet Ellis and Tim Vincent are lined up for charity show Let’s Dance For Comic Relief.

Anthea Turner, Mark Curry, Diana Louise Jordan, and Helen Skelton are also joining the fun.

But Leslie, 43 — cleared of rape allegations and later sacked from ITV1’s This Morning for taking lines of cocaine — will miss out.

However, stars from Blue Peter — famed for its badges and catchphrase “here’s one we made earlier” — will be joined by a stellar cast of BBC faces. Dragons’ Den stars Peter Jones, Duncan Bannatyne and Deborah Meaden are leaving their East London lair for the charity boogie.

Jo Brand, Robert Webb, Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuinness and radio comedy double act Dick and Dom are also on the bill. Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two host Claudia Winkleman and Steve Jones will present the four-week show, which begins on BBC1 on Saturday, February 21.

To get the British public to dig deep, the acts will recreate a number of famous dances from movies such as Saturday Night Fever and High School Musical.

They’ll also be showing out to pop classics such as Britney Spears’ Baby One More Time and Michael Jackson’s Thriller. And they’ve even roped in Strictly Come Dancing pro Anton Du Beke to head the judging panel.

Proceeds from the phone voting will go to this year’s Comic Relief appeal. Leslie’s reputation was shredded when a tape emerged of him having drug-fuelled sex with then girlfriend Abi Titmuss and another girl.

TO get involved in Red Nose Day go to www.rednoseday.com

Thread Information