Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Yolande

So they axe Yolande keep Patrick ???????

They should axe Chelesa she is terrible and even Denise and Libby they have no storylines

Why are they axing all the good characters and keeping all the boring annoying ones who can't act? First Honey now Yolande....who's next...Peggy?
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Ah the usual "run out of ideas for the character" excuse ridiculous decision, Yolande can actually be great when shes given something decent to act out. shes never used properly though, all we do is see her behind the shop counter and thats it.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (30-06-2008)

I think she has been great and the only one that has given a lot of support to the young ones, taken them in off the street etc. and I think her and Patrick make a great couple. I belive this is a little laziness by the scriptwriters not giving her better things to deal with. I shall miss her.

Oh, thank god!! that character seriously does my head in!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiffin For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (01-07-2008), JustJodi (01-07-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    Why are they axing all the good characters and keeping all the boring annoying ones who can't act? First Honey now Yolande....who's next...Peggy?
    Talking of Honey.. has she gone already?? Cause I not seen her in AGES?

Axed 'Enders star blasts soap

EASTENDERS actress Angela Wynter has blasted bosses for her “weak” storylines after being axed from the soap.

Angela, 50, who plays Yolande Trueman, has been given the bullet after five years in Walford.

She hit out after claiming producers told her she had to go because they couldn’t think up good storylines for her.

Angela said: “I’m not unhappy to leave because life is about changes and new beginnings, but I’m unhappy about the producers’ reasoning . . . you can always write stories for people to act.

“As I told my boss, I am pleased with the work I did playing Yolande because I made her as believable as possible.
    “If it has to end, let it be on a good note rather then her character becoming weak due to the producers.”

Angela first arrived as the love interest of Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker).

They had a holiday fling in Trinidad and wed after setting up home.

She said: “Patrick and Yolande’s marriage is the only representation of a black union on British TV, which I am very proud to have played.”

The star — who said she didn’t know how she would be written out — told The Voice newspaper: “At the end of the day, everything runs on a quota system.”

EastEnders yesterday denied the BBC operated an “ethnicity quota system”.

Rastafarian Angela backed the decision by bosses to keep Rudolph in the show — and agreed she may be making way after the arrival of fellow black actors Don Gilet (Lucas Johnson) and Chelsea Fox (Tiana Benjamin).

i like Yolande! who's going to sort problems out now

I'm glad she's going, I liked her character when she first appeared on EE but now I think she's an interfering so-and-so. I also think Chelsea should go, her voice grates on me and the actress who plays her can't act!
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    if EE/BBC is indeed operated by a “ethnicity quota system”. then the Massoods are next for the axe?? seems like EE/BBC are trying to keep a token asian and token black in their shows,, it makes them a bit RACIAL

Thread Information