Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June Brown calls for Nick Cotton return

I didn't watch eastenders when he was in it but it would give Dot a good storyline, she doesn't seem to feature much nowadays unless she's meddling in Bradley's love life
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 11-05-2008 at 11:40.

I think a guest stint would be okay, Not a longer one though.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    I didn't watch eastenders when he was in it but it would give Dot a good storyline, she doesn't seem to feature much nowadays unless she's meddling in Bradley's love life
    lol that really is true!

hope he does come back he is/was my fave charactor

dots character is pretty boring at the moment she could do with nick coming back to give her character a bit more lift

I always Nick Cotton but I don't want EE to mess up in bringing him back just for the sake of ratings and do we really want Dot to suffer more pain and misery.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I always Nick Cotton but I don't want EE to mess up in bringing him back just for the sake of ratings and do we really want Dot to suffer more pain and misery.
    she's got bradders to look after her

so we can expect him back

EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Nick Cotton is heading back to Albert Square.

John Altman has signed up to reprise his role as bad boy Nick, who was revealed to still be alive in Monday night's episode (July 28).

Nick's long-suffering mother Dot (June Brown) was told that he had passed away in March. However, viewers have just seen Carol Jackson discover that this is not the case - and that mysterious Charlie (Declan Bennett) already knows the truth.

Carol uncovered the secret when she answered Charlie's phone and was stunned to recognise Nick's voice on the other end of the line.

A furious Carol will now be determined to find out why Charlie faked Nick's death, while viewers will also no doubt wonder what role Charlie's mother Yvonne (Pauline McLynn) has to play in the mystery.

Speaking of his upcoming return, Altman commented: "After a five-year break, I'm very pleased and much looking forward to returning to EastEnders. With the promise of some hard-hitting and gritty storylines, I'm sure the residents of Albert Square will be none too pleased to see Nick Cotton back on the streets of Walford.

"I'm also looking forward to working alongside Declan Bennett and Pauline McLynn. And of course being reunited and working once again with my 'dear old Ma', the wonderful June Brown."

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "As we approach EastEnders' 30th anniversary, it's only fitting that our original bad boy - and soap's most iconic villain - returns to Albert Square to cause more trouble for his Ma.

"It's time for the indomitable June Brown to have the Nick story to end all Nick stories - and with Declan and Pauline in the mix too, it's going to be an exciting bumpy ride as the Cottons begin to unravel."

Nick is one of EastEnders' original characters, having appeared in the very first episode on February 19, 1985.

With a long history of dastardly deeds, the villain has appeared on the Square numerous times over the years. He was last seen on screen in 2009, when he left Walford after holding a number of the local residents hostage at the café.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2014), lizann (02-08-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 29-07-2014 at 00:07.

Thread Information