Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cindy Cunningham (Stephanie Waring)

She is getting a post natal depression storyline

Cindy Cunningham is about to go on an emotional journey again that will see her battle with post-natal depression and as her mood swings take hold, the troubled mum will be diagnosed with Bipolar disorder

Stephanie Waring and co-star David Kennedy who play Cindy Cunningham and Dirk Savage will be thrust to the forefront of the show as Hollyoaks soap highlights another important issues with this storyline, and David has revealed that Dirk will struggle at first to cope with her mood swings before she's officially diagnosed, he commented: "Her mood swings are massive, one minute it's all calm and lovely but the next it's manic which leaves Dirk and Holly to wonder what's going on, Dirk gives her a lot of leeway and he's patient with her because he really wants it to work, at first in his mind he things maybe she's seeing someone else, he can't work out what she's unhappy about, but he's not going to walk away just because she's struggling"

Even though their romance has had a rocky start Dirk really loves Cindy he's not prepared to walk away easily but David has admitted that his character Dirk didn't want to get involved with Hilton at the start, but he's in love with Cindy and that was the second chance of being a good dad.

Cindy Cunningham is about to go on an emotional journey again that will see her battle with post-natal depression and as her mood swings take hold, the troubled mum will be diagnosed with Bipolar disorder

Stephanie Waring and co-star David Kennedy who play Cindy Cunningham and Dirk Savage will be thrust to the forefront of the show as Hollyoaks soap highlights another important issues with this storyline, and David has revealed that Dirk will struggle at first to cope with her mood swings before she's officially diagnosed, he commented: "Her mood swings are massive, one minute it's all calm and lovely but the next it's manic which leaves Dirk and Holly to wonder what's going on, Dirk gives her a lot of leeway and he's patient with her because he really wants it to work, at first in his mind he things maybe she's seeing someone else, he can't work out what she's unhappy about, but he's not going to walk away just because she's struggling"

Even though their romance has had a rocky start Dirk really loves Cindy he's not prepared to walk away easily but David has admitted that his character Dirk didn't want to get involved with Hilton at the start, but he's in love with Cindy and that was the second chance of being a good dad.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-06-2014)

Cindy Cunningham is left devastated on Hollyoaks next week as her baby son Hilton suffers another shock health scare.

Hilton takes a sudden turn for the worse just as Cindy is hoping to enjoy a peaceful evening with her family following recent dramas.

Cindy's daughter Holly (Amanda Clapham) takes the lead in organising a special gathering for the Cunninghams and the Savages, aware that she needs to make amends for her false allegation against Dodger.

When Holly's attempts at cooking lead to the Savages' boat nearly being set on fire, they all decide to head to the pub instead - but their day soon takes a worrying turn when they realise that Hilton is seriously ill again.

After Hilton is rushed into hospital, the doctors explain that his body is rejecting the bone marrow from his recent transplant and he will need another operation.

With Cindy shaken following the news, her loved ones get the first glimpse that all is not right with her mental state. Holly is shocked when her mum starts keeping her distance from the hospital and instead focuses on frantically cleaning her flat.

Show bosses have confirmed that there is an emotional journey ahead for Cindy over the next few weeks, which will lead to her being diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Stephanie Waring, who plays Cindy, told Digital Spy last month: "This is something that's quite close to my heart and I felt privileged to be able to tackle such a serious mental illness. I've done a lot of research and I've had meetings with Mind. I hope I'm doing it justice."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 10-06-2014 at 00:53.

Cindy Cunningham's loved ones will beg her to seek urgent help on Hollyoaks next month after her mental state hits an all-time low.

The troubled mother-of-two, who is suffering from bipolar disorder, experiences another breakdown after her plans to flee from the village almost cause a tragic accident.

As Cindy still thinks she can see her dead ex-lover Rhys Ashworth (Andrew Moss), she continues to follow his 'instructions' by making plans to travel to Hawaii with him and baby Hilton.

When 'Rhys' demands that his late baby daughter Katy should come along too, confused Cindy decides that she needs to snatch Diane O'Connor's little girl Dee Dee.

Stephanie Waring, who plays Cindy, told All About Soap: "In her confused state, Cindy makes her way to Tony's flat and goes to take Dee Dee, believing she's Katy. Just as Tony realises the twins' buggy is missing, he spots Cindy running through the village with it.

"A bus suddenly appears out of nowhere and Cindy completely freaks out. Tony manages to push Cindy and the buggy out of the way in the nick of time, but Cindy sees the bus hit imaginary Rhys. Cindy's completely devastated - she thinks that Rhys is dead and starts screaming, accusing everyone around her of killing him."

She continued: "Holly and Dirk find Cindy among all the chaos, and they try to make her realise that she's unwell and needs urgent help.

"But all Cindy can think about is what's happened to Rhys, and somehow she manages to climb in the bus and drive it away out of the village, which is pretty crazy."

Cindy's latest disappearing act will show the extent of her problems, but it's only the beginning of a long-running storyline for the show.

Waring explained: "It's not going to be as simple as Cindy gets help and everything is fine again. There's a lot more to come from this story - we're only just starting to scratch the surface.

"Cindy's bipolar disorder is on the higher end of the spectrum and we'll be spending the next few months exploring that. There will be no quick conclusion here."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-08-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 29-07-2014 at 23:08.

steph is really thin looking

Stephanie Waring has promised that there are some "shocking" storylines ahead for her character Cindy Cunningham.

Meanwhile, Cindy is currently missing after suffering a breakdown as part of her ongoing bipolar storyline.

Meanwhile, Waring promised that there is a long journey ahead for Cindy once she makes her reappearance in the village.

She said: "Cindy's missing at the moment and is yet to be found. We're just scratching the surface of her mental health issues, as she's yet to be officially diagnosed with bipolar.

"The stuff I've got coming up is particularly heartbreaking - emotional and off the wall. There's something at the end of the month that will really shock viewers - I'm a bit nervous about filming it, actually!"

Stephanie Waring has revealed that there is another dramatic situation ahead for her character Cindy Cunningham.

Cindy is currently receiving treatment in a mental health unit after suffering a breakdown in the summer.

While Cindy will be spending most of her time at the hospital for the foreseeable future, Waring has recently been filming some huge scenes as part of the ongoing storyline.

The actress told Digital Spy: "Following Cindy's diagnosis, she's going to spend a lot more time where she is. There is something really dramatic coming up for her in November, but I can't say anything about it!

"At the moment, Cindy just feels that her whole family are against her, so she's getting really paranoid. She's genuinely frightened of her own family and it's really sad."

Asked whether her big scenes will involve a stunt, Waring replied: "I have done one! I'm not involved in the big massive stunt, but I can't say what this one is for!"

Cindy's troubles became apparent on screen in June and her family have recently been informed that bipolar disorder is the most likely diagnosis.

Confirming a long journey ahead for her character, Waring added: "It wouldn't be right to just resolve it, especially after how far she's gone with the illness. It can't just be a case of giving Cindy pills and having everything be alright. I think it's going to take a long time for her mental state to improve."

Thread Information