Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzy Branning

Suzy Branning

Maggie O'Neill has joined the cast of EastEnders as another member of the ever-growing Branning clan.

O'Neill, known for her role as Sheila Jackson in Channel 4's Shameless, will play Suzy Branning, the fourth oldest of the six Branning children - Jack (Scott Maslen), Max (Jake Wood) Carol, Derek and April being her siblings.

No-nonsense Suzy will reportedly become Phil Mitchell's (Steve McFadden) new love interest when he helps her out of a tricky situation with an ex. Suzy is Phil's type but has no idea what to make of her, while Shirley immediately forms an impression.

Speaking of her new role, O'Neill said: "The Brannings are a great family and I am really excited to become one of them. Suzy is a woman to be reckoned with and I'm looking forward to playing her."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "I've long-admired Maggie's work from her outstanding performance in Take Me Home to her hilarious and moving Sheila in Shameless. She's yet another top drawer addition to our wonderful cast."

O'Neill has also appeared in Midsomer Murders, Peak Practice, Mansfield Park and the Oscar-nominated film Gorillas in the Mist.

She will begin filming with the soap next month and first appear on screen in early to mid summer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-04-2008)

That will be interesting.

so excited about this news! Maggie is an amazing actress and could really bring something to the show! Plus it means more storyline potential for the ever fabulous Mitchell + Branning families!

I am glad she is going to Eastenders i think she is great and will be a great addition to the Branning family. THere was rumour she was joining Corrie i am glad she hasnt gone there it would have been to obvious.

Oooo great news and Im loving the Brannoing family. They are ever growing

Where is she going to live? Albert Square must be running out of houses/flats with the ever increasing clan of Brannings. I hope that EE is not going on overload here and then get rid of them all again like they did with most of the Slaters.

Thats a good point, where would she live?
    I miss all the Slaters

She'll live at Dot's there is plenty room there As for Maggie joining Eastenders will they be providing her with a white stick or guide dog as any woman would have to be blind to fancy Phil Beetroot Mitchell.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Lol yeah probably with Dot, the thing is, isnt her house really small?

What about Ian's old house, he's renting it.

Thread Information