Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 9 - News & Updates

Smile Big Brother 9 - News & Updates

Any news or anything yet?? thought we might have started to hear something by now.

i hope its gonna be better than last year
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Channel 4 delays Big Brother 9 launch

Just found this on DS....(It was from 5th April)

Big Brother 9 will launch on June 5 to avoid a ratings battle with Britain's Got Talent, according to reports today.

The Channel 4 reality series traditionally kicks off towards the end of May, but the network is believed to have delayed this year's launch because a clash with Talent would be too risky. Ratings for Big Brother 8 dropped below 3 million viewers when it competed against the ITV1 show last summer.

The new series is expected to last for 13 weeks, with the final airing on September 5.

Insiders have admitted that this year's run could be "make or break" for the show, though suggestions that the 2007 series was a flop have been played down.

One source told the Daily Star: "Last year was a success. We had superbitch Charley, the Ziggy and Chanelle romance, the sexy 'Samanda' twins and of course dopey Brian who ended up winning. But that was last summer. The new show is what matters. Big Brother 9 is make or break."
    Last edited by Xx-Vicky-xX; 14-04-2008 at 15:52.

Sig dedicated to Charley

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xx-Vicky-xX For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (14-04-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Vicky-xX View Post
    Big Brother 9 will launch on June 5 to avoid a ratings battle with Britain's Got Talent, according to reports today.
    woah, how long is BGT going on for?!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    woah, how long is BGT going on for?!
    The auditions will air on a Saturday for 7/8 weeks then there will be a full week of live shows with the final at the end of the week.

Seems channel four know they will lose out to Britain's Got Talent. Surely that tells them something...

Big Brother is just a platform for wannabes to get themselves on tv and launch their "careers."
    Thanks CrazyLea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (21-05-2008)

In june!!! thats late

Exams will be on during that time but I don't even think I will be tempted to watch it (okay maybe the first night when everyone's going in and the final night) but that's it!

June. Ah...end of exams. Still be at college but no revising

Sure they may be a bunch of wannabe celebs but they are always forgotten after a couple of months. You'd think none of them read the papers and realise that
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

My exasm will be over before then

hope they dont mess Big Brother 9 up like they did last year

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    Exams will be on during that time but I don't even think I will be tempted to watch it (okay maybe the first night when everyone's going in and the final night) but that's it!
    That's exactly what I tell myself everytime! But I really did mean it last time lmao.

TBH I can't be bothered with it anymore. It's just an excuse for a bunch on nut jobs to get on tv and have their 15 minutes of fame.

Thread Information