Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirk Sutherland

Kirk Sutherland

Apparently next month he'll be going off for a holiday in Cyprus, where he'll meet Julie. And, as Julie lives in Manchester, the relationship may turn out to be more than a holiday romance.

Julie will be played by Katy Cavanagh, who has popped up in The Bill, Dalziel & Pascoe, Shameless and Holby City. A Corrie spokesperson told Inside Soap: "Kirk's had a pretty tough time of late, but he's finally found a kindred spirit in Julie."

Corrieblog

No reunion for Fiz and Kirk then.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Not sure that I could cope with Fiz and Kirky back together. It was quite boring apart from the driving lessons and nearly killing blanche!

about time kirk had some action.

I think its about time Kirk found someone new and left weatherfield.

Corrie Kirk's a father

CORRIE star Andrew Whyment - who plays Kirk Sutherland - is celebrating after becoming a dad for the first time.
    The Salford lad, 28, and his wife Nichola had a baby boy on the weekend. They have named the tot Thomas.

There must be something in the Weatherfield water - Andy's Corrie co-stars Alison King (Carla Connor), Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby) and Wanda Opalinska (Wiki Dankowska) are all expecting and Jack P Shepherd (David Platt) and Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw) are also fathers-to-be.

They're keeping that stork busy ...

Congratulations to them both and welcome into the world, little Thomas

Tina O'brien and Ryan Thomas must be due their baby soon.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Congrats to both

I'm glad they picked a nice name like Thomas

Corrie's Kirk 'very happy' on soap

Coronation Street actor Andy Whyment has revealed that he has no desire to try his luck in the US.

The 28-year-old said he has a "great life" on the ITV show, with perks including "a lot of time off" and a short commute.

Whyment, who plays Kirk Sutherland, told The People: "I'm very happy, and to still enjoy your job after eight years is something special. I've always said I'll stay at Coronation Street as long as they'll have me.

"I know a lot of people would jump at the chance to work in America, but I'm just not one of them.

"I don't enjoy the celebrity lifestyle and I don't go to all the awards ceremonies and parties - it's not my cup of tea. I'd rather go home and watch TV with my wife on the sofa."

Whyment's wife Nichola, 24, gave birth to the couple's first child Thomas last month.

Kirk auditions for X Factor

Coronation Street's Kirk Sutherland will be seen auditioning for The X Factor in a special comedy sketch due to air next month.

The Weatherfield resident tries his luck in front of Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and guest judge Nicole Scherzinger, hoping to impress them by belting out Kings of Leon's hit song 'Sex On Fire'.

In a twist, Kirk proves remarkably popular with the live audience and even secures a standing ovation from Nicole - but does he have what it takes to win over Simon and make it through to the next round?

Kirk's X Factor try-out is one of a number of Corrie sketches which have been filmed for the forthcoming ITV1 special Coronation Street: The Big 50. Airing at the end of the soap's anniversary week, the show sees Paul O'Grady play host to a celebratory party, featuring music, some birthday surprises from the cast and "the ultimate Corrie quiz".

Speaking of his love for Corrie, O'Grady commented: "If I don't dip into the lives of the folk from Weatherfield on a regular basis I get withdrawal symptoms. As a vampire needs blood, I need a nightly dose of Corrie. It has always been there, Bill Roache and Barbara Knox are as familiar faces as family.

"Personally my favourite character was Elsie Tanner and my favourite moment was getting a mention from Blanche (Maggie Jones), who said she would 'crawl over hot coals for Paul O'Grady'. I nearly dropped dead."

Coronation Street: The Big 50 airs on Friday, December 10 at 9pm on ITV1.

Thread Information