Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 15 Rumours and Spoilers

Season 15 Rumours and Spoilers

Ah, don't you just love it when things go back in their rightful place? Rumour has it George Clooney will be returning to ER for the hospital drama's 15th and final series. And he won't be alone: if producers have their way, former on-screen love interest Julianna Margulies will be popping back, too.

'We want to revisit characters who have existed on the show over the years and say where they are now,' says executive producer David Zabel. 'We'd love to get them all back in some way.'

Another ER favourite, Noah Wyle, has already signed up for a triumphant return - while Maura Tierney (who played Abby) and Goran Visnjic (Kovac) are also expected to show their faces again. How exciting!

this sounds really good especially if they manage to get george clooney back for a few episodes!!
    POOKIE

This is great news to see Dr Ross, Carter & Co back if it's true. Hopefully they can persude Laura to come back as well. Pity there is no chance of seeing Romano or Dr Greene though.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Exclusive: Shane West's 'ER' Comeback a 'Double Surprise'

Dr. Ross? Pshaw. The ER return that most fans — or at least the most vocal fans — have been clamoring for is that of Dr. Barnett. And this fall, their prayers will be answered when Shane West's Ray heads back to County General with a new lease on life and eyes for the woman that got away, his ex-roomie and unrequited love, Neela.

Let's rewind first: When last we saw Ray, he was heading home to Baton Rouge to mend his broken heart and recover from a tragic car accident that left him a double amputee. As West points out, "He wasn't in a very good head space."

Well, a lot can change in a year. When Ray returns in the Oct. 30 episode, he'll have both feet firmly planted on the ground — literally and figuratively. "He's walking on his own again," reveals executive producer Joe Sachs. As we'll learn, Ray has endured months of rehab, during which he was fitted with new cutting edge prosthetics. "He in no way appears disabled. He's been through hell and has come out a better, stronger guy. He's matured. He knows what's important in his life."

What or who? Although only back for a brief time — Ray's in Chicago for a medical conference related to physical medicine/rehabilitation (his new specialty, natch) — Sachs hints that his presence has a huge impact on Neela. "His return affects her in a big way," he says. "It stir the embers of that relationship and makes her question, "Could I be with this guy now?"

Sachs isn't providing an answer to that question, although he promises that "Reela" fans will be "satisfied by the story." Adds West: "He's coming back at the right time, when she needs that friend and possibly that romance back. There are definitely sparks reignited."

So much so that the Oct. 30 episode won't be the last we'll see of Ray. West is on board for at least one more episode, to air shortly before ER signs off for good in May. "It's going to be a double surprise," the actor teases. "One in the beginning of the season when he returns, and one at the end." Hmmm…. might that second surprise involve oh, I dunno, a ring?

Hey, speaking of surprises, here's another one: Next week's Ask Ausiello will feature more scoop on West's highly-anticipated return. In the meantime, go ahead and celebrate your hard-fought and well-earned victory in the comments section, Reela fans.

In its final year, ER (Thursdays at 10 pm/ET, NBC) will welcome back some old friends while other cast members make early exits. In the 15th-season premiere, Greg Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) died a shocking death, and Thursday Maura Tierney's lovable but beleaguered Dr. Abby Lockhart checks out for the last time.

TV Guide: You wanted Abby to be killed off, but she won't be. So how does she leave?
    Maura Tierney: Last year, Abby struggled so much, the writers wanted to send her off with a certain amount of calm and dignity. It's sweet and funny.

TV Guide: What's the future for Luka and Abby?
    Tierney: I think it’s looking up. We sort of exit together. And there could be a kiss.

TV Guide: Are George Clooney and Julianna Margulies coming back?
    Tierney: I’ve heard the rumors. [Laughs] I have no inside information…I want them to come back, too, as a viewer.

TV Guide: What do you want to do next?
    Tierney: I’m ready for a sitcom. I always beg Paul Simms, who created NewsRadio, to make a show that I could be in. But he hasn’t done it yet, so a friend and I are developing an hourlong drama.

George Clooney is all set for a return to ER, according to former castmate Noah Wyle.

Clooney has made it clear in recent months he will not reprise his Dr Doug Ross character for the medical drama's finale, but pal Wyle insists there are secret plans to bring the movie star back to the show where he got his big break.

Wyle says, "From what I heard, George said, 'Absolutely, schedule permitting'."

And the actor reveals Clooney won't be the only former castmate coming back for episodes next year - he'll be starring in a storyline opposite Eriq La Salle.

But not everyone is keen to return to the show - Juliana Margulies turned down an invitation to reprise her role for the final series of the medical drama, because she doesn't think her character's storyline can be improved.

Margulies portrayed nurse Carol Hathaway on the show.

I must start watching it agen wen it comes back on but i prefur the old episodes

The first episode of the final series was shown here in Ireland on Sunday night I'm probably going to cry every Sunday at some point between 9.30pm and 10.20 pm.
    Spoiler:
    Poor Greg and Morris was sweet and Frank was heart broken

I was like that when Season 8 was on. I knew Dr Greene was going to die at the end of the series and I cried every week as his condition got worse.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Love your new avatar

Thread Information