Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's. Feeel the love x

Police have arrested six members of a hard-line Hindu group for attacking and cutting the hair of three couples on Valentine's Day near the Taj Mahal - India's white-marble monument to love.

Meanwhile, members of another group vandalised a shop selling Valentine's cards and raided a restaurant looking for romantic couples in the Indian portion of Kashmir.

Public displays of love are frowned upon by the older generation in India. Kissing, holding hands and cuddling are all social taboos, though the influx of Western culture has made it a more common practice among younger couples.

The protesters used scissors to cut the hair of overtly romantic young couples in a park in the northern Indian city of Agra, said superintendent of police V.P. Ashok.

"The six belonging to Shiv Sena group were arrested for causing a breach of the peace," he told The Associated Press.

Agra is the site of the Taj Mahal, a monument built by the Mogul Emperor Shah Jahan between 1632 and 1654 in memory of his favourite wife.

The protests by groups like Shiv Sena - which says it is defending traditional Indian values from Western promiscuity - have become an annual event on Valentine's Day.

Authorities tightened security this year in major Indian cities in an attempt to prevent attacks.

India's economic surge in recent years has brought with it the trappings of Western culture, including McDonald's, MTV and Valentine's Day. Shops stock cards and chocolates, vendors sell red roses and restaurants offer romantic specials.

In Srinagar, the main city in Indian-controlled Kashmir, a half dozen burqa-clad members of the radical Islamic women's group Dukhtaran-e-Millat tore up Valentine's Day cards in a gift shop, shop owner Shaukat Ahmed said. The protesters also entered a restaurant looking for couples celebrating their love but didn't find any.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    My friend has persauded me to go to this club where they are holding a " traffic lights Valentine's night" You wear red if your taken, amber if you're open to persausion or green if you're good to go!
    My friend wants me to go to one of those too. It's traffic lights with spots of face paint at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    My friend has persauded me to go to this club where they are holding a " traffic lights Valentine's night" You wear red if your taken, amber if you're open to persausion or green if you're good to go!
    My friend wants me to go to one of those too. It's traffic lights with spots of face paint at this one.
    that sounds like a good idea! i hate it when you have to wear the colour cos i dont own anything green! although wearing orange means you can be picky lol!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Are you gonna go? If I go to my one tomorrow night, I am gonna go in red amber and green.

Are you gonna go? If I go to my one tomorrow night, I am gonna go in red amber and green.
    haha lol that will confuse them!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

It will, but I'm no longer looking for anyone which is why I'm doing it. I've decided whats the point? I'm gonna see where life takes me and enjoy being single..

It will, but I'm no longer looking for anyone which is why I'm doing it. I've decided whats the point? I'm gonna see where life takes me and enjoy being single..
    thats always the best way to think! hope you enjoy yourself tonight if you go
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

9. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (14-02-2009)

Hope everyone had a nice Valentines day

I was a work and my boss gave me a present, It was what they were gonna give to people if they ran out, but she gave it to me at the start of the night and it was still a nice thought, my first and only ever valentine gift

Aww that's cute Abbie.
    I had alot of tables to clean after strangers! Funnn.
    Nah we had a nice customer, he was Uni-ish age and with some friends but they needed a table we hadn't got too yet cos we were so busy so I got one of the other girls in work to help me and the one guy went "I'm not used to haveing really attractive girls clean up for me" and hsi friend was like... you can't say that in front of them and he replied "but it's true, and it's Valentines day... I'm jsut spreading a little bit of loooove!" Haha he wasn't a hottie but it was still nice... though I think he needed his eyes checked!

Thread Information