Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liam Connor quit

Liam Connor quit

Coronation Street actor Rob James-Collier has quit after just under two years with the ITV soap over fears of being "typecast".

The 31-year-old, who has played Weatherfield's Liam Connor since 2006, reportedly revealed his intention to leave only days before filming his on-screen wedding to Maria Sutherland (Samia Smith).

A source at the soap told the News of the World: "Nobody was expecting this and it's bad news because Liam has become hugely popular with fans. He won 'Sexiest Male' at the British Soap Awards and they had big things planned for him.

"They wanted the Carla-Liam-Maria thing to really step up in pace, with him finally cheating on his girl with his sister-in-law. It would have given them a brilliant storyline which could have bubbled away until Christmas."

They added: "He says that he doesn't want to be typecast."

A spokeswoman confirmed to DS this morning: "We've known for some time that Rob would be leaving at the end of his current contract. It's given the writers time to pen a really good exit storyline for his character, Liam.

"Rob will remain filming with us until around October and he will bow out on screen at the end of the year."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirsty24 For This Useful Post:

alvinsduckie (06-02-2008), bingojuls (07-02-2008), lizann (05-02-2008), tammyy2j (04-02-2008)

Oh no, I am heartbroken. (I know I am not the only one.)
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-02-2008 at 17:12.

thats an shame

i hope corrie give him good exit

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty24 View Post
    "They wanted the Carla-Liam-Maria thing to really step up in pace, with him finally cheating on his girl with his sister-in-law. It would have given them a brilliant storyline which could have bubbled away until Christmas."
    christmas this year?

not really bothered to be honest, he's hardly a great actor. I think the one they need to try and hold on to the most is Carla, not so much even Michelle anymore.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty24 View Post
    To be honest, I could not stand this will they - won't they until next Christmas, surely it must come to an end soon, before the wedding?

Its a shame i liked Liam's character

i dont know, i like him and then sometimes i find him irritating. I hipe they dont kill hm off for Michelles sake.

I liked Liam but they ruined him by putting him with Maria and the whole Carla love triangle.

I agree i hope he is not killed off.

With him and Jamie leaving they is no male eye candy in Corrie

so is he getting killed?
    who gets no 7?
    who gets his share of the factory?
    so many questions!

actually if he dies, his share should go to his next of kin so isn't that maria? or the sprog that they have? maria and carla working together = lots of fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    so is he getting killed?
    who gets no 7?
    who gets his share of the factory?
    so many questions!

actually if he dies, his share should go to his next of kin so isn't that maria? or the sprog that they have? maria and carla working together = lots of fighting!
    I hope he does not get killed, if he does, Maria will inherit house, factory etc. I could not stand her as a wealthy widow, giving Carla a hard time in the factory as she will believe she can run a factory now.

Thread Information