Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Grimshaw

todd to jail for his part in scam with phelan they can share a cell

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    todd to jail for his part in scam with phelan they can share a cell
    If he has already left, we will not see him being prosecuted and sentenced ... I shall miss him, he has always been a great character ...

Corrie star Bruno Langley axed following sexual assault accusation
    Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has been axed by the soap amid claims of a sexual assault against a woman recently. The actor, who plays popular character Todd Grimshaw, has been at the centre of controversy recently after a woman accused him of committing a sexual assault in a nightclub, which police are investigating. Bruno denies all claims of wrongdoing.
    Bruno is no longer under contract and will not be filming any further scenes for the soap. It is claimed that bosses are now trying to work out a way to write out the character, with an outcome likely to see Todd leaving along with his on screen adoptive daughter Summer Spellman.
    A spokesperson told us: ‘Bruno Langley is no longer contracted to Coronation Street.’
    A source told added to us: ‘Bruno Langley’s contract ended on October 26th following an internal inquiry. This inquiry was separate to any police investigation and was independent of any inquiries they are making.’
    Bruno said last night: ‘I’d like to thank all of my friends who work on the show for their love, friendship and support during this extremely difficult period.’
    Bruno joined the show as Todd way back in 2001 and is currently involved in a major storyline involving his on screen boyfriend Billy Mayhew, who is hiding a dark secret.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (29-10-2017)

Why not just have Phelan take him prisoner and then shoot him? Obvious.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (29-10-2017), Glen1 (29-10-2017), swmc66 (29-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why not just have Phelan take him prisoner and then shoot him? Obvious.
    Doubt they'd want to kill the character off. If not Oates, another producer is bound to want him back in the future for comedy value if the actor is innocent.

The sad part is he probably won't even get an on screen exit. Ken didn't when William Roache was accused.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Doubt they'd want to kill the character off. If not Oates, another producer is bound to want him back in the future for comedy value if the actor is innocent.

The sad part is he probably won't even get an on screen exit. Ken didn't when William Roache was accused.
    No, he won't get an on-screen exit, his sacking would be with immediate effect. If he is guilty, you couldn't expect him to continue working just so he can get an on-screen exit!
    Last edited by parkerman; 29-10-2017 at 09:18.

Not fair on the girl playing Summer. Her career cut short. It would have been better to add him to the death toll of Phelan. But i suppose he has left with immediate effect. Other stars were at this event so must have been part of this internal enquiry. By doing this they have made him guilty before the law.....they could have suspended him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Not fair on the girl playing Summer. Her career cut short. It would have been better to add him to the death toll of Phelan. But i suppose he has left with immediate effect. Other stars were at this event so must have been part of this internal enquiry. By doing this they have made him guilty before the law.....they could have suspended him instead.
    She may remain with Billy. Drew had picked Billy to take over care of her before he even knew that Todd was in the equation.

Provided Daniel Brocklebank is remaining, I don't see why Summer should have to leave with Todd. Hope that part is press speculation.

Sad for Sue Cleaver who plays Eileen too. With no sons in the show and Phelan likely on the way out, the axe may fall on her.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    No, he won't get an on-screen exit, his sacking would be with immediate effect. If he is guilty, you couldn't expect him to continue working just so he can get an on-screen exit!
    I was wondering if the storyline might have been headed towards his exit already, given the situation with Billy and Todd. Some actors have then had pre-recorded scenes cut from the show, in addition to not returning to filming once accused.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

parkerman (29-10-2017)

It puts all other characters at risk. I would not mind seeing back of Eileen.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (29-10-2017), Glen1 (29-10-2017), parkerman (29-10-2017)

Thread Information