Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Todd Grimshaw

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...rimshaw-fling/

Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw will have a "short-term fling" in an upcoming storyline.

Show bosses have teased a brief relationship for Todd, although the identity of his new man hasn't been revealed.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media in a recent press call, Coronation Street's producer Iain MacLeod commented: "There's a dalliance for Todd, but it arrives at quite a poor time. And the person with whom he has the connection is probably not ideal in terms of the situation that Todd meets them in.

"At this time, it's only a little test drive of his relationship with this person. It's not very long running, but we thought that if we like what we see, it might go on to be long-running later on."

Todd's most recent storyline saw him at odds with his boss, George Shuttleworth, when they fell out at the funeral parlour. This led to Todd joining rival firm RestEasy.

Meanwhile, in a separate plot, Paul Foreman recently confided in Todd about his assisted dying plans as part of his emotional Motor Neurone Disease (MND) story.

MacLeod added: "I love Todd's dynamic with George. I just think their double act is absolutely fantastic.

"I'm also loving Todd's uncharacteristically compassionate role in the Paul story. Historically, Todd is incredibly selfish, but I've loved seeing a slightly more compassionate and selfless side to him in that story.

"I think Todd's got so many ingredients in his life at the moment that a long-running love story might get in the way slightly. So yes, there's a short-term little fling with some unfortunate consequences for a few of the people involved.

"Then longer term we'll see, I suppose. I love Todd, but I think he's got a lot on his plate already. So maybe any longer-term romance will come later next year."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...e-discoveries/

Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw makes some unexpected discoveries next week as he goes snooping into George Shuttleworth's personal files.

The Weatherfield schemer is intrigued after George announces plans to update his will.

George kicks off by asking his partner Eileen Grimshaw to register for power of attorney.

This offends George's sister Glenda, who feels snubbed and storms out.

Todd is also highly invested in the situation as he starts plying George with tea and biscuits at work.

Eileen is highly suspicious over her son's antics, but will George realise that Todd is buttering him up in the hope of financial gain?

Later in the week, Todd goes a step further when George files away the new copy of his will at the undertakers.

Todd sneaks a peek, but Eileen catches him in the act. He soon reveals that George plans to leave him the undertakers business when he dies, but Eileen points out that George would change his mind if he knew about Todd's snooping.

Todd hopes that George will never find out as he pops the document safely back away in the file. However, when he then finds a copy of the will that belonged to George's father Archie, he snatches this one next.

With Eileen still caught up in her son's sneakiness, she tells George that Todd found a copy of Archie's will. It states that Glenda was supposed to have half of the business, which clearly isn't the case at the moment.

George takes a look, but Todd desperately tries to play down its importance, fearful over how this could affect his own inheritance. Will George decide to tell Glenda the truth?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, April 22, Wednesday, April 24 and Friday, April 26.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (16-04-2024)

Thread Information