Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surfing

Surfing

Ever been surfing?

I'm going to Cornwall for the weekend in about 3 weeks to go Surfing. Its with my college, so theres about 40 of us going.

It looks like a really fun sport. I've got quite good balance, so hopefully that should help a bit. We do a bit of body boarding to start with i think, and then work up to proper surfing, because most of us have never done it before.

Its great fun, i love it. living in cornwall its kinda one of those things you do. you'll love it

I got back yesterday. It was soo much fun!! Actually standing up fully is quite hard, but i got there in the end. Mind you, i have a huge bruise on my stomach now because of it.

I can see why its so popular down there now. Its addictive, lol!

My mates just started i Wales and absolutly loves it. It is really attictive like you say. I prefer sailing though, same thing happens with the bruises though.

His brother wont do it again as last time he accidently surfed the last wave, once he got up he started counting, we though oh dear hes got concussion or something actually he was counting if he had all his fingers.

Glad you had a good time.

It's definately a sport that I want to try out, if I don't liek it then hey! at lweast I tried it. Looks like good fun...

I did it once in Australia. Stood up once. Fell off ALOT. Definitely want to try it again sometime!

I would like to try it, hopefully I will one day I been I dance and so should have good balance
    Last edited by Abbie; 12-05-2008 at 21:39.

I'd rather try it in somewhere warmer, like on holiday rather than here, hate the cold, although it's been nice weather recently

Yeah I wouldnt try it in this country, Id like to try it in a place where you'll dry pretty quickly after coming out of the water

hmm I need a holiday! I'm thinking Florida, or somehwere in the Bahamas.

Thread Information